Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2010, 07:10 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times

Advertisements

Good morning circle of peaceful friends. Happy season of celebration to you all. Here's a big hug for everyone. I have to say I am again humbled by the joy given me this season. I had the left eye cataract removed and a new lens replaced, and I have been blessed to see again through that eye. It has been 2 1/2 years developing enough to be removed, and each day, I lost my sight a bit, it led up to a frusterating time of being legally blind, and yes, I admit, I bumped 2 parked cars too closely before I accepted that I should no longer drive until I get my eye repaired...It is one week into the new lens, and although I am not steady and focused quite yet, I am on the good path to recovery, and I cried like a baby. I am grateful. Thanks for the second chance creator!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
Good morning circle of peaceful friends. Happy season of celebration to you all. Here's a big hug for everyone. I have to say I am again humbled by the joy given me this season. I had the left eye cataract removed and a new lens replaced, and I have been blessed to see again through that eye. It has been 2 1/2 years developing enough to be removed, and each day, I lost my sight a bit, it led up to a frusterating time of being legally blind, and yes, I admit, I bumped 2 parked cars too closely before I accepted that I should no longer drive until I get my eye repaired...It is one week into the new lens, and although I am not steady and focused quite yet, I am on the good path to recovery, and I cried like a baby. I am grateful. Thanks for the second chance creator!
i'am so happy for you. vision is such a precious gift.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Note- a chicken wire cage doesn't work unless you enclose the entire tree, including the top. Uh, just sayin.
Thought of something similar, then discarded the idea. They'd just use it like a boarding net...

Besides restricting chickens, probably the most common use for chicken wire is stretched across the front of the stage in a honky-tonk. You know, the kind of place with sawdust on the floor, where the bass guitar player has wired about seven inches of a broad-head arrow to the headstock, and where they search you for weapons at the door. If they find that you don't have any, they offer to lend you some!

Old 12-23-2010, 10:14 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Thought of something similar, then discarded the idea. They'd just use it like a boarding net...

Besides restricting chickens, probably the most common use for chicken wire is stretched across the front of the stage in a honky-tonk. You know, the kind of place with sawdust on the floor, where the bass guitar player has wired about seven inches of a broad-head arrow to the headstock, and where they search you for weapons at the door. If they find that you don't have any, they offer to lend you some!
that's a mighty fine honky-tonk you are describing but it's a little to upscale for me.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
that's a mighty fine honky-tonk you are describing but it's a little to upscale for me.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:07 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
TO NON-PET OWNERS who visit our homes. Don't complain about our pets. 1) They live here, you don't. 2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'Fur'-niture. 3) Chances are, I love my pets more then I like you. 4) To you, they are animals. ...To me, they are family ...... who are hairy, walk on all fours & don't talk back!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Yep, each of our pets is a "fur-person" to us.

Though I have been a confirmed dog-person all my life, its amazing how I close I've become with my wife's two cats. They're actually mine as well, though I'm only now coming to terms with that. The male cat, in particular, seems to gravitate toward me. Given half a chance, he'll hop up into my lap and settle down to take a nap. Here's photographic proof:

The female, on the other hand, wouldn't dream of doing such an outlandish thing...

Old 12-23-2010, 05:55 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Hi, OrionsAngel, good to see you posting and glad you are doing well.
Nighteyes, where do you think I got, uh, heard about the idea? I did enjoy being young and dumb.
Goodpasture, how did you teach 'em not to talk back? I've got a couple of cats who are only to glad to loudly let me know when they are not pleased with me.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Nighteyes, where do you think I got, uh, heard about the idea? I did enjoy being young and dumb.
S-h-h-h! What THEY don't know won't hurt US, right?

[Um, er, ah, you weren't ever in northwest Florida, or coastal Alabama/Mississippi in the late 1960's/early 1970's, were ya??? ]

I really do appreciate
the fact you're sittin' here,
Your voice it sounds so wonderful
But yer face don't look too clear...

-- Jimmy Buffett, 1973

Last edited by Nighteyes; 12-23-2010 at 06:30 PM..

Old 12-24-2010, 07:19 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
No, whatever it was you can't blame it on me, but it sounds like I missed a good party. Darn. Most of my official partying took place near Ft. Hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality