Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 04:37 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times

Advertisements

As Ptsum said she has suffered a lot with this terrible disease..She fought long, courageously and was an inspiration to other people suffering the disease..May she now rest in peace..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 06:34 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,512,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
As Ptsum said she has suffered a lot with this terrible disease..She fought long, courageously and was an inspiration to other people suffering the disease..May she now rest in peace..
The ranks of those promoting the good in this world have lost a voice and a willing pair of hands. My best wishes and thoughts to her in the next world, and to her family, friends and loved ones who remain behind in this one.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Yep, that's an issue all right. And in all seriousness, I do not mean to discount the seriousness of it -- not one bit.

Then there's the matter of the so-called "Manhattan Purchase". Thinking they were dealing with a bunch of ignorant savages, the settlers didn't bother to read the fine print. What they signed wasn't a purchase, but a long-term lease. The terms clearly state that, upon expiration of the lease, ownership of the land, and all improvements thereupon, reverts to the American Indians.

The lease expires at midnight on December 31, 2010.

Thank you for sharing that news Nighteyes!!!! That is the best news I have read in my lifetime! I get to see the meek take back the earth!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Awesome. love it.
Blessings

Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
Yep, that's an issue all right. And in all seriousness, I do not mean to discount the seriousness of it -- not one bit.

Then there's the matter of the so-called "Manhattan Purchase". Thinking they were dealing with a bunch of ignorant savages, the settlers didn't bother to read the fine print. What they signed wasn't a purchase, but a long-term lease. The terms clearly state that, upon expiration of the lease, ownership of the land, and all improvements thereupon, reverts to the American Indians.

The lease expires at midnight on December 31, 2010.

You know what's interesting, there's not a whole lot of publicity about this "Manhattan Purchase" lease, I wonder why that is and I wonder if the natives who originally owned it want it back...

Old 12-08-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
you know what's interesting, there's not a whole lot of publicity about this "manhattan purchase" lease, i wonder why that is and i wonder if the natives who originally owned it want it back...

Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 AM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know what's interesting, there's not a whole lot of publicity about this "Manhattan Purchase" lease, I wonder why that is and I wonder if the natives who originally owned it want it back...
Quote:
Having been to Manhattan recently . . . I opt for returning the mess and terminating the "lease."

Old 12-08-2010, 11:18 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Having been to Manhattan recently . . . I opt for returning the mess and terminating the "lease."
that sounds kinda harsh. the land probably wasn't a mess when the lease was signed. let's give it a good cleaning just in case it does have to be returned.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As per the terms of the lease, how will you be paying the additional cleaning charges -- VISA, MasterCard, or American Express? (For your convenience, we are also set up to take PayPal.)

Old 12-09-2010, 04:47 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,121 times
Do you think they will really give it back?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:21 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,660,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post

Goodpasture, over the past few days I've been reading the 12 page article that you linked to and although I know a little bit of history about how the Hawaiian islands were invaded and taken over by the forces of the United States for personal reasons I still don't quite understand if it was because of some of the Christian missionaries who thought that the native population and its hierarchy and form of government was not of a Christian nature? Sounds like Christianity was used as an excuse for the takeover of the empire and I'm wondering are the native Hawaiians still seeking to separate itself from the United States and form its own monarchy again and curious enough would our president be considered a native Hawaiian since he was born there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality