Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 06:48 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I see nothing wrong with the many denomations in Christianity just as I don't see anything wrong with that in Buddhism. I happen to be a Buddhist by the way. People gravitate to the religion of their choice due to how it makes them feel within and hopefull it makes them happy. If not, I would hope that they found one that made them happy. We all have different personalities and different ways of viewing the world, so it is good to have many voices in religion.
Mattie Jo,

I am also glad that you have chosen to join us. As you probably know by now, I follow the teachings of Christ as I understand them. That does not, however, prevent me from recognizing the Divine in other teachings. For example, one of my all-time favorite sayings is "Kindness is my religion" (and it is). Who said it? The Dalai Lama.

Wishing the Season's Very Best to you and yours,

-- Nighteyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 08:12 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
"Just June" just stopping by to seek some warmth, light, and comfort from this Sacred Circle...May all those in need of comfort and warmth find such a place, either in person, or state of mind...

P.S. Ptsum: Am posting this from my computer, atop my roof! (Awaiting early sightings of Santa, of course!)

Why else would anyone be up on their roof!?

Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
"Just June" just stopping by to seek some warmth, light, and comfort from this Sacred Circle...May all those in need of comfort and warmth find such a place, either in person, or state of mind...

P.S. Ptsum: Am posting this from my computer, atop my roof! (Awaiting early sightings of Santa, of course!)

Why else would anyone be up on their roof!?
June, I'm glad you stopped by to seek a little warmth and comfort from this Sacred Circle, but I've got to tell you, if you're posting from your lap top atop your roof..... well, let me suggest that you get down off of that roof, because if it's anything like mine right now, you've got to be crazy to be up there.......... I am having temperatures of 11° and my roof is covered with snow with about a 30mph wind, now I've been known to do some crazy things in my past but nothing quite that crazy..... besides my wife would probably kill me if I fell off the roof now....

Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 971 times
what is the sacred circle??????????

Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi rapper View Post
what is the sacred circle??????????
desi rapper, the easiest way to explain it is to go to the very first post and it will explain everything.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
June, I'm glad you stopped by to seek a little warmth and comfort from this Sacred Circle, but I've got to tell you, if you're posting from your lap top atop your roof..... well, let me suggest that you get down off of that roof, because if it's anything like mine right now, you've got to be crazy to be up there.......... I am having temperatures of 11° and my roof is covered with snow with about a 30mph wind, now I've been known to do some crazy things in my past but nothing quite that crazy..... besides my wife would probably kill me if I fell off the roof now....
My dear Ptsum,

First off, it was 50 degrees up here today, and no snow in sight until possibly Wednesday.

Second, I'm up here on the roof with one of Santa's elves (VERY cute, I might add!)

And thirdly, I already got Mrs. Ptsum's "thumbs up" for my roof top escapades on laptop!

P.S. By the way, the Elf brought a six pack of that Smithwick stuff, so all's well!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
My dear Ptsum,

First off, it was 50 degrees up here today, and no snow in sight until possibly Wednesday.

Second, I'm up here on the roof with one of Santa's elves (VERY cute, I might add!)

And thirdly, I already got Mrs. Ptsum's "thumbs up" for my roof top escapades on laptop!

P.S. By the way, the Elf brought a six pack of that Smithwick stuff, so all's well!

Well now, you didn't say you had a sixpack of Smithwick and that you had to Mrs. approval, that puts a whole different light on the subject, so you think you could start passing that sixpack around.....

Old 12-13-2010, 10:25 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
ptsum, please tell me the roads are clear and it is going to be nice out this weekend in your part of the country.

About two weeks ago, as we were leaving our place (late, as usual), we found three puppies sitting on the side of the road.......apparently they had been set free by some *&$%@#*&$(&#@$&^ moron who never had the momma spayed. Anyway, we took them home (made us even later than usual), fed them (they went through half a ton of food) watered them (several gallons) and fixed them a place to sleep it off. The next day we took them to our vet to have him check them out and give them some shots and worm them. Over the course of the last two weeks we have posted pictures on a couple of forums that we post on (other than here) and two of them have homes to go to. One in Illinois, the other on Cape Cod. So Friday or Saturday this week I will be driving, in a quad cab dodge, to Cape Cod via Illinois with Annemieke, me, four Jack Russell dogs (our own overindulgence) and three pups........did I mention I have to be back in Oklahoma before Christmas?

The three pups......

This one is going to Illinois:

Anyhow, hopefully I won't get hit with another snow storm like I did last January.........

Old 12-14-2010, 06:22 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
ptsum, please tell me the roads are clear and it is going to be nice out this weekend in your part of the country.

About two weeks ago, as we were leaving our place (late, as usual), we found three puppies sitting on the side of the road.......apparently they had been set free by some *&$%@#*&$(&#@$&^ moron who never had the momma spayed. Anyway, we took them home (made us even later than usual), fed them (they went through half a ton of food) watered them (several gallons) and fixed them a place to sleep it off. The next day we took them to our vet to have him check them out and give them some shots and worm them. Over the course of the last two weeks we have posted pictures on a couple of forums that we post on (other than here) and two of them have homes to go to. One in Illinois, the other on Cape Cod. So Friday or Saturday this week I will be driving, in a quad cab dodge, to Cape Cod via Illinois with Annemieke, me, four Jack Russell dogs (our own overindulgence) and three pups........did I mention I have to be back in Oklahoma before Christmas?

The three pups......

This one is going to Illinois:

Anyhow, hopefully I won't get hit with another snow storm like I did last January.........
Goodpasture thank you so much for preserving those pups lives. Godspeed to you my man.
Many and much blessings to you and your family!!!! Amen!!!!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:48 AM

Goodpasture, you may want to check the weather forecast before coming through this area, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and the northern part of Ohio got hit pretty good with some snow and the future forecast is for more snow possibly this weekend and the snow is moving in from Kentucky and going up through Pennsylvania to New York State, so you may want to be prepared. I find it hard to believe the way people treat the animals that depend on us for their care, it makes you wonder who are the real animals here.. if they have little or no regard for the way they treat their animals, then they have little or no regard for how they treat people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality