Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times

Advertisements

what you have stated is a scientific/medical and humanities fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
.. if they have little or no regard for the way they treat their animals, then they have little or no regard for how they treat people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
GP, what kind of pups are they?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Goodpasture, those guys are so cute. I'm glad you found homes for them. I take in stray dogs and cats which have been dropped near my house and find homes for those I can, but most of them wind up staying with me. I don't understand the mentality of people who abandon helpless animals. If you cannot take care of them or find homes for them, as a last resort take them to animal control. Many communities have low cost spay and neuter programs. There are also foster programs in many communities for unwanted pets. Please do not abandon these animals. Ok, I'm stepping down off my soapbox now.

On a different note, can anybody in the circle tell me about Quanza? I understand that it is from Africa and that is about it. I would love to learn more about this.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
GP, what kind of pups are they?
I have no idea.......but they are cute, big, and eat like pigs.........want one?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:31 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Goodpasture, those guys are so cute. I'm glad you found homes for them. I take in stray dogs and cats which have been dropped near my house and find homes for those I can, but most of them wind up staying with me. I don't understand the mentality of people who abandon helpless animals. If you cannot take care of them or find homes for them, as a last resort take them to animal control. Many communities have low cost spay and neuter programs. There are also foster programs in many communities for unwanted pets. Please do not abandon these animals. Ok, I'm stepping down off my soapbox now.

On a different note, can anybody in the circle tell me about Quanza? I understand that it is from Africa and that is about it. I would love to learn more about this.

masonsdaughter, always good to hear from you, I think what you are looking for is the celebration of Kwanzaa and if that is so here is a good description of just what it is:
Kwanzaa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
ptsum, please tell me the roads are clear and it is going to be nice out this weekend in your part of the country.

About two weeks ago, as we were leaving our place (late, as usual), we found three puppies sitting on the side of the road.......apparently they had been set free by some *&$%@#*&$(&#@$&^ moron who never had the momma spayed. Anyway, we took them home (made us even later than usual), fed them (they went through half a ton of food) watered them (several gallons) and fixed them a place to sleep it off. The next day we took them to our vet to have him check them out and give them some shots and worm them. Over the course of the last two weeks we have posted pictures on a couple of forums that we post on (other than here) and two of them have homes to go to. One in Illinois, the other on Cape Cod. So Friday or Saturday this week I will be driving, in a quad cab dodge, to Cape Cod via Illinois with Annemieke, me, four Jack Russell dogs (our own overindulgence) and three pups........did I mention I have to be back in Oklahoma before Christmas?

The three pups......

This one is going to Illinois:

Anyhow, hopefully I won't get hit with another snow storm like I did last January.........
Bigtime props to you on the puppy rescue!

Wishing you safe travels.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:08 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Goodpasture, what beautiful pups and I would gladly take one..Thank you for caring for Gods creatures..If I believed that He tested us, it would be in the way we treat the animals that he gave us as companions.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post

thank you too masonsdaughter. thank you for letting your home serve as a safe haven. i know it is very expensive. thank you.
much love and many blessings to all of you who do what you do.

The Official Kwanzaa Web Site - Kwanzaa African American Celebration of Family, Community and Culture by Maulana Karenga

Old 12-14-2010, 10:21 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
thanks Ptsum, very informative. I like the seven principles.
Goodpasture, If the weather forecast for KY is right, and if it does go north, it isn't good. Wishing you safe travels. Be careful.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:43 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Goodpasture, what beautiful pups and I would gladly take one..Thank you for caring for Gods creatures..If I believed that He tested us, it would be in the way we treat the animals that he gave us as companions.
really? we do have one left......call him gimpy cause he has a bad back leg.....big knot on his knee that was probably injured and never treated......and I can go to Boston......not that big of a drive.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality