Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry to hear that Jazzy..The death of a young person is so hard to take. My prayers are with his mother, you and all who will endure grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I've come into the circle with a prayer for my nephew Matthew who died Wednesday. May the creator hold him close and bring comfort to his family. Especially his mother.
Jazzymom, my condolences go out to you and your family on the loss of your nephew, it is never easy when a young life is cut short for whatever reason and words are never enough to console the grieving, but remember the good things and a happy times that the family had with this individual, honor him in your ceremonies and although he may not be with you in body, he will always be with you in spirit.osay

Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
I have an Aunt who is gravely ill and for those of you who pray, I would ask that you ask the creator to comfort her and her family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I've come into the circle with a prayer for my nephew Matthew who died Wednesday. May the creator hold him close and bring comfort to his family. Especially his mother.

Could you both tell us about them so we can join you in celebrating their life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZHrbjhwKik&feature=related

Last edited by Goodpasture; 01-05-2011 at 08:52 AM..

Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Happy belated New Years, everyone. The circle (everyone here) has been a bright spot in my life this past year and I hope for many years to come. I have an Aunt who is gravely ill and for those of you who pray, I would ask that you ask the creator to comfort her and her family.
masonsdaughter, I am sorry to hear of the illness of your Aunt and will send prayers to the Creator for her and her family. Like brother Goodpasture asks in his post, perhaps you could tell us a little bit about her.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
masonsdaughter and jazzymom,

My thoughts and prayers to both of you and to your loved ones. I join the request for information so that we may celebrate their lives.

Because of some beliefs and traditions, perhaps it would be best that you do not use their names. Just tell us about them, the things they did, what joys and happiness they brought, and how they were helpful to you and others.

-- Nighteyes

Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
............perhaps it would be best that you do not use their names...........
I agree.......and to jazzy mom and masonsdaughter, I apologize. Some things I do and say are based on my beliefs and traditions and I can sometimes impose that expectation on others. I have no prohibitions in my faith concerning names of anyone, including ancestors. but there are those faiths that feel that using a name of departed one is wrong......I never gave that any thought, and if I offended or otherwise crossed a line, my apologies.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:31 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I agree.......and to jazzy mom and masonsdaughter, I apologize. Some things I do and say are based on my beliefs and traditions and I can sometimes impose that expectation on others. I have no prohibitions in my faith concerning names of anyone, including ancestors. but there are those faiths that feel that using a name of departed one is wrong......I never gave that any thought, and if I offended or otherwise crossed a line, my apologies.

Its ok, My nephew was 23 and we don't yet know if it was that he took his life or his life was taken. He was a friend to my son, and the apple of his mothers eye. She loved him and he was her only child. He came into my family as a boy when my brother married his mother and he over the years became part of my family. We never saw him as anything but an important and loved member of my family.

He was finally getting direction to his life and had gone back to school and was working with computers which he loved. He had moved into an apartment with some room mates and was happy.

It is a mystery.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
Jazzy,

He sounds like a fine young man, and it is clear that you're all quite justifiably proud of him.

Such a sudden and untimely death is always difficult on those who remain. The not knowing, as you described, can make it seem almost unbearable. A similar thing happened in my daughter-in-law's family just over a year ago. It happened the day before his 21st birthday, so I think I understand.

I hope that you and your family have a support group around you. And we're here for all of you.

-- Nighteyes

Last edited by Nighteyes; 01-05-2011 at 01:06 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 02:00 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Thank you Ptsum, Miss Blue, Goodpasture, and Nighteyes for your thoughts!

Old 01-05-2011, 03:28 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
{{{HUGS}}} to both Jazzymom and to Masonsdaughter. Jazzymom, your nephew was the same age as my son. I am so sorry for your loss and for that of your family.

Masonsdaughter, I am very sorry for your aunt's illness. Thoughts and prayers are with both of you and your families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality