Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times

Advertisements

Masonsdaughter, my heart is out there with you, I saw my grandmother for the last time on 9/11/01
she was in the path of her death, and she knew it, as did I. I didnt want her to go! She was my lifeline with the world of acceptence of life and humans as imperfect as they all are, she taught me how to turn the other cheek, and how God gave us the mountains the rivers and wildlife and those are the poor mans gold! She turned and looked at me with those beautiful eyes as if to transfer her worldly wisdom to mine, so that I would carry on her torch to others who need to know that goodness has nothing to do with wealth. I do that anyway She ran a restaurant all my life, and I remember her sitting me atop the piano and I sang 'Bicycle built for two' for the customers. She fed all people who came through the door, she took care of those who could not pay, and she offered a dishwashing job out so the person who was hungry and broke could feel they earned it, but she never expected anything in return for her kindness. She taught me alot in my lifetime, the simple things to count your blessings. Her favorite wall hanging was the 'Serenity prayer'. I became a good waitress because of her, I sat a table for every one of mine enemies, known and unknown, I gave them all the same level of service no matter if they condesended me for being a "servant", I accepted my position as a "servant of the Lord" and I was not going to let the "haves" make me feel bad for doing good work! I am ok with who I am, how I have behaved. She and my mother had the most influence in how I deal with the bullies of the world. (Although I am human and I have had a major cussing problem), I still dont intend to be offensive to anyone, no matter how rude they are to me. But once in awhile I get over the edge and will flip the bird, thus I inherited the nickname the bird flipper,lol....(dude I never said I was perfect). I didnt mind the title "blacksheep"...I had the nerve to tell it like it is! Honesty is always the best policy, but at times, you have to keep it to yourself, I have a hard time with that. So I told a shrink once about my "birdflipper title" and she interpreted it as I was offended to be called that, when I didnt think I did it very often. She pointed out something I had not thought of, she said rather she thought I was not one, but I should learn to be one! And be proud! She was right. hahaha, but I still dont want to offend....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 06:17 AM

opps I ended that before I was done.... my point masons my friend is it is now your turn to be the pillar. Let it shine Hugs

Old 01-08-2011, 07:27 AM

ptsum,
Yes...indeed I am and have been struggling with the past, but not the way some folks think I am. I would know that the past cant be changed. I would know I should not be offended by the atrosities that happened to each generation of my ancestry, and it is not for me to avenge their plight for freedom and justice for all. I do feel left in a melted pot of people without a traditional culture to protect and carry forward. I resented not knowing who my ancestors were. I took alot of crap from my own family members because I was intent on learning who I am made of, and what happened to them that I could get smart enough to avoid in the future. It has always been my philosophy that "The key to surviving the future, lies somewhere in the past", and History repeats itself..(true), and "How do we know where we are going, if we dont know where we have been"?
I am a little amatur scientist and historian, even though I spent my lifetime studying forensic archaeology and such, I didnt get the priviledge to go to College til I was 43, then got a rude tresspassing ticket when I was on my public land enjoying my shed antler hunting adventures, by the sheriff of that time. He harassed me, as did all his henchmen who were all outfitters trying to close the public lands for their personal use, the judge was in on it as well. He had called me the morning of my final for Algebra class (I did great when algebra applies to science, but the concept class itself was peeving me off bigtime anyway, then to feel persecuted for doing nothing wrong, I was then enlightened to the fact that I had better stand and flip the bird to them and keep my homeland ground, or I could choose to bend over and take it in the shorts. I opted to defend my rights and the law my ancestors made sure was in place to protect me from the carpet baggers of the world. My government is not allowed to terrorize me, but they do. I have never taken up arms against my government, but if they keep offending me and obliterating my rights to defend myself, then I will have no choice but to follow the advice of our intelligent former President James Madison when he knew the corrupt had taken back America through it's own government, but we are to abolish it when in the corse of human events it becomes too corrupt to fix any other way,so I am preparing my speech for the innocent citizens of the United States, I think it is high time we take back our liberty our justice for all and we rid ourselves of the plague of greedy whom are also known as the New World Order, you should run for your life when you encounter those idiots, they have NO HONOR and are not of Chivalry what so ever. Yes sir, I fear we have no leadership to combat those creeps. I fear my own government gets to now decide who lives good in what house and what job they get to do, and all us freedom fightin rebels should just eat soilent green, right...I am butthurt.
Did you know that it is highly likely that Hugh de Payen, Grand Master of the "good" Knights Templar burnt at the stake in France 1307ish, was probably the ancestor of our beloved common sense man Thomas Paine? Did you know the stars and bars used by the US flag may have come from the coat of arms that signified the family which I belong while we are to this day denied our coat of arms from Scotland and I as a "white, english speaking woman" am not qualified for free U.S. housing, college or food that I could become President one day? OH NO! We wouldnt want a rebel housecleaner in office! I was better off as an ignorant taxpayer, at least I didnt have to feel the pain of all the betrayal I have seen. I am not perfect, I dont know what my exact mission in life is, but I do know one thing...my sense of Scottish humor ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank God.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:47 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
oh no!
BBC News - US congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in Arizona
the shooter is only 22yrs.
how on earth did he acquire so much rage so early in life?!

John McCain has spoke on the issue... he's understandably shooken, angry and remorseful.

they're saying this is going to serve as a wake up call for our government leaders in both parties.
good Lord they are saying this may serve as turning point in decreasing the palpable bi-partisanship that has been ruling...the shootings may have been specifically politically related.

Last edited by gabfest; 01-08-2011 at 03:37 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
ptsum,
Yes...indeed I am and have been struggling with the past, but not the way some folks think I am. I would know that the past cant be changed. I would know I should not be offended by the atrosities that happened to each generation of my ancestry, and it is not for me to avenge their plight for freedom and justice for all. I do feel left in a melted pot of people without a traditional culture to protect and carry forward. I resented not knowing who my ancestors were. I took alot of crap from my own family members because I was intent on learning who I am made of, and what happened to them that I could get smart enough to avoid in the future. It has always been my philosophy that "The key to surviving the future, lies somewhere in the past", and History repeats itself..(true), and "How do we know where we are going, if we dont know where we have been"?
I am a little amatur scientist and historian, even though I spent my lifetime studying forensic archaeology and such, I didnt get the priviledge to go to College til I was 43, then got a rude tresspassing ticket when I was on my public land enjoying my shed antler hunting adventures, by the sheriff of that time. He harassed me, as did all his henchmen who were all outfitters trying to close the public lands for their personal use, the judge was in on it as well. He had called me the morning of my final for Algebra class (I did great when algebra applies to science, but the concept class itself was peeving me off bigtime anyway, then to feel persecuted for doing nothing wrong, I was then enlightened to the fact that I had better stand and flip the bird to them and keep my homeland ground, or I could choose to bend over and take it in the shorts. I opted to defend my rights and the law my ancestors made sure was in place to protect me from the carpet baggers of the world. My government is not allowed to terrorize me, but they do. I have never taken up arms against my government, but if they keep offending me and obliterating my rights to defend myself, then I will have no choice but to follow the advice of our intelligent former President James Madison when he knew the corrupt had taken back America through it's own government, but we are to abolish it when in the corse of human events it becomes too corrupt to fix any other way,so I am preparing my speech for the innocent citizens of the United States, I think it is high time we take back our liberty our justice for all and we rid ourselves of the plague of greedy whom are also known as the New World Order, you should run for your life when you encounter those idiots, they have NO HONOR and are not of Chivalry what so ever. Yes sir, I fear we have no leadership to combat those creeps. I fear my own government gets to now decide who lives good in what house and what job they get to do, and all us freedom fightin rebels should just eat soilent green, right...I am butthurt.
Did you know that it is highly likely that Hugh de Payen, Grand Master of the "good" Knights Templar burnt at the stake in France 1307ish, was probably the ancestor of our beloved common sense man Thomas Paine? Did you know the stars and bars used by the US flag may have come from the coat of arms that signified the family which I belong while we are to this day denied our coat of arms from Scotland and I as a "white, english speaking woman" am not qualified for free U.S. housing, college or food that I could become President one day? OH NO! We wouldnt want a rebel housecleaner in office! I was better off as an ignorant taxpayer, at least I didnt have to feel the pain of all the betrayal I have seen. I am not perfect, I dont know what my exact mission in life is, but I do know one thing...my sense of Scottish humor ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank God.

OrionsAngel, as a Knights Temper myself I think one of the things that you will fine is that any group or organization that is corrupt does not like the Light of Day, so I would suggest that it would be advantageous to your cause to have a good friend within the journalistic society, speaking from experience, it does work.....

Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
oh no!
BBC News - US congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shot in Arizona
the shooter is only 22yrs.
how on earth did he acquire so much rage so early in life?!

John McCain has spoke on the issue... he's understandably shooken, angry and remorseful.

they're saying this is going to serve as a wake up call for our government leaders in both parties.
good Lord they are saying this may serve as turning point in decreasing the palpable bi-partisanship that has been ruling...the shootings may have been specifically politically related.
You know I find these kind of acts completely reprehensible, I remember the assassination of Pres. John F. Kennedy in November of 1963 and I was witness to his funeral, I remember the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. in April of 1968 and was witness to the riots that took place right afterwards, I saw a whole city block in Washington DC burned to the ground, I was witness to the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in September of 1968 and was witness to that funeral, I remember the assassination attempt to Gov. George Wallace on May 15, 1972, I was witness to that as I was in the crowd in the Laurel, Maryland shopping center, and the assassination attempt of Pres. Ronald Reagan in Washington DC. It often makes me wonder what is in the minds of these individuals that do these horrendous things.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:10 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Just wanted to say that my aunt passed on Fri. night. If you could say a quick prayer for the family. This lifetime seems an eternity when a loved on has gone on.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Mason, I am sorry or your loss. I truly believe that she is at rest in God. My prayers are with you , your family and her friends who will go through the process of grief that will eventually turn the tears into smiles as you remember her.
~hugs~

Old 01-09-2011, 12:17 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
The pain of loss never goes away, but with time it grows less intense. I would have been proud to know her, for she made such a positive impact on those around her.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

-- Nighteyes

Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Just wanted to say that my aunt passed on Fri. night. If you could say a quick prayer for the family..
of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
This lifetime seems an eternity when a loved on has gone on.
yes, and this seems especially so when that loved one was actually worth having around.

Godspeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality