Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 10:03 AM

3,486 posts, read 6,507,283 times

Advertisements

If its apple or cherry 3.1412, then I'd like some vanilla ice cream on top...

[Thinking that this post may be one toke over the line...]

-- Nighteyes

Last edited by Nighteyes; 01-17-2011 at 11:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Got to be apple; cut in half with a worm taken out of it. Newton was a great scientist.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:37 AM

3,486 posts, read 6,507,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
got to be apple; cut in half with a worm taken out of it. Newton was a great scientist.

Last edited by Nighteyes; 01-17-2011 at 12:52 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
If its apple or cherry 3.1412, then I'd like some vanilla ice cream on top...

[Thinking that this post may be one toke over the line...]

-- Nighteyes
After one toke over the line, I may go for 6.2824

Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
After one toke over the line, I may go for 6.2824
yeah, double up on mine too...

Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
hope i'am not violating the circle with this befuddlement i'am experiencing.
i'am so pissed and hurt about how our mayberry/ my home town has handled our first war-dead.
she was a 30 y/o beautiful young woman who was killed over the weekend in afghanistan. she has recieved some foot notes in the news but the fan-fare has been little. they are reporting plans to ship the Sgt. back to her country of orgin for burial. she fought for this country and i want my home town to acknowlege her as a hero or either stop using that term so selectively.
i think some people are having silent protest about the wars and that's o.k.. i wonder if you can simultaneously hate the fight/war but embrace the fighter.

i'am going to call the officials today to see what if any type of memorial is in the works.

R.I.P. Sgt. you will not be forgotten.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Default Scared...

I'm so scared right now.

My girlfriend, Jennifer, and I talked last night on Skype.

She said she was having phantom nosebleeds and convulsions, and trouble sleeping.

We're 300 miles apart, and I'm feeling so very helpless and, to be perfectly honest, a little bit useless .

Anyone who can find the time, please send warm thoughts and healing energy.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:24 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
I'm so scared right now.

She said she was having phantom nosebleeds and convulsions, and trouble sleeping.

We're 300 miles apart, and I'm feeling so very helpless and, to be perfectly honest, a little bit useless .

i can semi-handle the nose bleeding; but the convulsions no!
she needs to get help asap... it is nothing to take in the least bit slightly!
she needs to get medical help now instead of skyping you 300 miles away! i'am sorry but she's tormenting you with this, therefore a baseline needs to be established before this becomes the baseline.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
hope i'am not violating the circle with this befuddlement i'am experiencing.
i'am so pissed and hurt about how our mayberry/ my home town has handled our first war-dead.
she was a 30 y/o beautiful young woman who was killed over the weekend in afghanistan. she has recieved some foot notes in the news but the fan-fare has been little. they are reporting plans to ship the Sgt. back to her country of orgin for burial. she fought for this country and i want my home town to acknowlege her as a hero or either stop using that term so selectively.
i think some people are having silent protest about the wars and that's o.k.. i wonder if you can simultaneously hate the fight/war but embrace the fighter.

i'am going to call the officials today to see what if any type of memorial is in the works.

R.I.P. Sgt. you will not be forgotten.
gabfest, let me suggest that at the same time that you are dealing with these officials come up with a letter to the editor for your local newspapers giving a description and praise of this young soldier and what you feel should be done, that way you can draw a little more attention to the subject.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
I'm so scared right now.

From what you're describing I can understand being a little concerned right now. Suggest to her that she goes to her doctor and explain what is happening and I would suggest that she do it very soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality