Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
............ I am a bit anxious about starting my new job tomorrow..............
Let us know how the job goes.......don't need details, but if it goes well I would like to celebrate with you and if it doesn't I would like to commiserate with you................whatever it takes to make a party happen.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 04:23 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Party? Did I hear someone say party? Where? I'm there.
Hope the new job goes ok, Pnc66.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,439,354 times
Came here to visit all my dear brothers, recharge my soul with all the good and peaceful vibrations of this beautiful sacred circle and leave some of my own

Love and light for all! best wishes for this starting year, may the unconditional love of the great spirit live in the hearts of all his children.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
ok im in, i go to a place like this its actually a local dance but at one table a magical thing happened we all w/o talking about it decided to have a truce for a few hours and enjoy ourselves.
wrote a poem about it-- here it is.
the dance place is called the-- lucky star-- the the table is in our hearts
i assure you- 3 feet away- it changes.
here is a poem i wrote about it

[LEFT]miracle at 54th and university

once in awhile the sexes lay down their weapons
run up a white flag at the table
and men and women sit together as companions
with no agenda but the now
& for no good reason at all
stop hurting each other
happens every thursday night
the unspoken truce
dressed to the teeth
we dance we talk we drink
and nobody gets hurt, nobody
they all leave unharmed and safe[/LEFT]

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-12-2010 at 11:22 PM..

Old 01-13-2010, 06:25 AM

Isn't it noteworthy.....and kind of sad.......that moments of quiet enjoyment, where you are safe, where you are warm, where you are happy.......are rare enough that they become memorable and celebrated as a unique event?

Its also fortunate that those moments of intense stress and trauma are even rarer...........

Maybe we should begin celebrating those moments in between.....when nothing special happens, but nothing is particularly bad, either..........

Old 01-14-2010, 09:23 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
This week has flown by. Goodpasture and Masonsdaughter - a party would be a good thing! The job is going well so far. There is a lot to learn on the hospital's software system. Learning something new is always a good thing I think. I really think I will like it there.

One thing I do like is that they have what they call a healing garden where it looks like anyone can go to spend some time meditating, praying, for a quiet moment, etc. I hope to explore that when the weather cooperates. Of course, there is the chapel as well, but the garden would be more my speed.

My hope is for all of you to have some comfort and peace tonight.

Blessings,
pnc

Old 01-15-2010, 08:41 AM

Good news!!!!

I'll lift a glass of wine in your honor tonight............

Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Good news!!!!

I'll lift a glass of wine in your honor tonight............
I would prefer one of your lip smackingly gorgeous Hot Chocolate if you don't mind !

Hello everyone ! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the Winter. Even here in Old Blighty it is quite cold and much snow has fallen ( for us ) in the last 3 weeks .

Everything looks very beautiful. Snow somehow seems to hush all sounds and I love it. Everything seems to go at a slower pace and despite the Snow causing a few headaches in terms of infrastructure it is so nice to see people playing outside like kids again ! And kids going down hills on luges instead of being cooped up indoors playing video games...

Yesterday three Policemen were reprimanded by their boss in Oxford for sliding down a Snowy hill on a riot shield. I thought it was rather sweet myself and made a Profession which can be intimidating very human myself. Part of the community. The locals loved it !

Time to recharge my "batteries" and warm myself by the Sacred Fire. Always lovely to see you all gathered here. It warms the cockles of my heart and gives me a little much needed stress relief...

Hold the marshmallows for me GoodPasture but extra chocolatey please ! I'll bring the cookies ....

Old 01-15-2010, 09:45 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I would prefer one of your lip smackingly gorgeous Hot Chocolate if you don't mind !

Hello everyone ! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the Winter. Even here in Old Blighty it is quite cold and much snow has fallen ( for us ) in the last 3 weeks .

Everything looks very beautiful. Snow somehow seems to hush all sounds and I love it. Everything seems to go at a slower pace and despite the Snow causing a few headaches in terms of infrastructure it is so nice to see people playing outside like kids again ! And kids going down hills on luges instead of being cooped up indoors playing video games...

Yesterday three Policemen were reprimanded by their boss in Oxford for sliding down a Snowy hill on a riot shield. I thought it was rather sweet myself and made a Profession which can be intimidating very human myself. Part of the community. The locals loved it !

Time to recharge my "batteries" and warm myself by the Sacred Fire. Always lovely to see you all gathered here. It warms the cockles of my heart and gives me a little much needed stress relief...

Hold the marshmallows for me GoodPasture but extra chocolatey please ! I'll bring the cookies ....
chocolate chip cookies of course,the nice warm chewy kind,the one thing that will get my attention quicker than anything else is the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven,I am such a sucker for those and if you have to have one vice..I can't think of a better one.
I was chuckling to myself as I was reading your post about the policemen being reprimanded for using a riot shield as a sled,couldn't think of a better use for them and I can imagine that that must've been quite a sight to see those three police officers sliding down the hill on riot shields,just goes to show were all kids at heart....

pnc66,I really like the idea of the meditating and healing garden that you speak of,I think it is interesting that some hospitals not only realize that not only is there a need for the physical healing but also the mental and spiritual healing..The mental,spiritual and physical healing works hand-in-hand..

Old 01-15-2010, 11:12 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
mooseketeer, I agree with you about the hush of a new snowfall. I love to go outside just after sunrise after an overnight snowfall and just look at the glittering snow and it is almost like everything is just breathless at the beauty of it all. Can you get any closer to your creator?
Pnc66, glad the job is going well. I, too, like the idea of the garden. Keep us posted. I'll bring the herbal tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality