Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 11:02 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

To those of you of other faiths and beliefs who may not understand, we the native people of this land honor our ancestors in ways that some of you may not understand, every culture and every belief have different ways of honoring and remembering those that went before you, we the Native Americans have a unique way of doing just that, you see we believe that the spirits of our ancestors are with us and around us all the time, we call upon them in sacred ceremonies, we take counsel with them in our own ways when we need help and advice, we remember them in sacred ceremonies and we hear them all the time, whispering council in our ears. Tomorrow night will be a good example of one of the sacred times for our people, tomorrow is The Winter Solstice, to our people this is a time of ending and renewal, it is a time of celebrating the end of the seasons and the renewal of the coming seasons, a time when Mother Earth will go to sleep under the blanket of snow and will awake in the spring with new life, a ceremony that I will perform tomorrow night within my sacred circle,I will honor my ancestors and the ancestors of all peoples, I will offer up prayers on the smoke of the sacred fire to the Creator of us all that one day that the many hoops of the different peoples can come together and live in peace, understanding, and respect in one great hoop. In my native language,Mitakuye Oyassin means we are all related. Over these next few days many different religions and beliefs will have special ceremonies celebrating their particular religion or belief, I offer to you to celebrate the true meaning of whatever religion or belief that you have and for me I say, may the Creator look over all of you and keep you safe within the sacred hoop that we call home.Mitakuye Oyassin,Osayo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times
Good psycho-analysis is about Medicine, but there is a holism of feeling reserved for those at eternal Love. Pity.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Have I mentioned that I cherish those on this thread?

I do

Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Have I mentioned that I cherish those on this thread?

I do

And it is much appreciated and very much reciprocated !

Old 12-21-2009, 04:49 PM

Tonight as I lit the sacred fire and offered up prayers to the Creator, I was serenaded by a chorus of coyotes and had an audience of deer, it was good to share this ceremony with my four-legged brothers.osay

Old 12-22-2009, 07:42 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Halo' my friends.. good to see you here. The sun is comming back to us now, and I have been dancing aboot. Wonderful warm greetings to ye and blessings be abundant. Love, OA

Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM

Osay OrionsAngel, it is always good when the sun comes out and warms things up, hope you have a good day on this first full day of the winter season..

Old 12-24-2009, 06:06 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
To my friends of the sacred circle..I come here this morning to renew my spirit among the love and tolerance here for all men and with respect that the creator also honors and loves us all with no exceptions..

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays dear friends
Cyber hugs from Bev/MissBlue

Old 12-24-2009, 03:40 PM

May the season of goodwill and fellowship be with all who sit within the sacred circle.

YouTube - Enya - Silent Night (in Irish) Christmas Lyrics,

YouTube - The Winter Solstice - Yule,

YouTube - Festival of Lights,

YouTube - Celtic Woman-Carol Of The Bells

Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,016 times
Happy holidays to all my circle of friends. Merry Life-mas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality