Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 06:54 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

Goodpasture, listening to that music by Kitaro, I was struck by one instrumental in particular, its titled Heaven and Earth, it's a very moving piece of music and strikes right at the soul, I'm very impressed with it....... To all who have come and sit with us in the Sacred Circle over the past years, I wish you all the joys,understanding and happiness for the coming new year and to those who have yet to join us, but someday will, may joy, peace, and happiness of the new year come to you and to us all...osay

YouTube - Kitaro- Heaven & Earth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 08:06 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Thank you for this brother. As I am sure you surmised, I like Kitaro...................

You mentioned "to those who have yet to join us, but someday will" can you imagine the day when men and women of all faiths and creeds assemble around a sacred fire......and as the pipe is passed from person to person each can tell his story of faith.....and the rest of the circle celebrate that faith....be it muslim, christian, pagan, heathan, wiccan, hindu, sikh........all recognize their relationship with the creator and all celebrate each path as being valid, as being true, as being what that person of faith needs at this point in their life. A few weeks ago I sat in a Persian cafe where the owners are exiles from the era of the Shah in Iran. We smoked a hooka with tobacco in it and shared our commonality. I did not try to convert him to Christian, he did not try to convert me to Islam........but we had had a good dinner of falafal with hummus and yogurt followed by an iced cream made with rose water..........and we talked about food, and we talked about politics, and we talked about our families. And there was no animosity. He did not declare jihad against me. I did not begin a crusade against him.

I fantasize about a world where all are brothers and none hurt......remember the 70's commercial? I really would like to buy the world a coke............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfU17niXOG8

Old 01-01-2010, 11:53 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
and after the stories are told, everyone joins hands and gives thanks to his or her god. Maybe the sacred circle is the springboard of this great gathering. I give welcome to all, a special greeting to the friends I have met here and wish a peaceful heart in the coming year to all who may vist.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:55 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
My mothers father was Hawaiian...born in 1896 on the Island of Maui. His older brother became an opera singer and performed throughout the 30's, 40's, and 50's. I understand that at one point he performed in Berlin for Hitler. His name was Tandy Mackenzie. My older brother is named after him. I knew that he had done at least one movie, so I spent some time looking it up. In a movie starring Jeanette McDonald, Clark Gable, and Spencer Tracy named "San Francisco" uncle Tandy sang Faust with Ms McDonald. He is the tenor in the following youtube clip, singing by him begins around the :20 mark and continues through the 3:24 mark. There is a lot of scenes not showing him while he sings in the back ground. I don't know who the baritone is, I am pretty sure Jeanette McDonald is the person in the dress, and uncle Tandy is the one in the tights with a feather in his hat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5h7eDbD-5A

Old 01-04-2010, 10:14 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Drumming for peace among people.

Happy 2010.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:17 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
My youngest came to hang out with me for her college winter break...what a blessing! I even got to be with her on her birthday She even bought herself a little plastic tiarra for fifty cents and declared herself the princess, lol it was hysterical and so true..what a honey she is! I was also blessed to see my son whom I havent seen for over a year...he will be 28 this year, he is still a good boy. My middle child finally got her GED...hurray! She can move up now in her life and forward for the better. I got to see my Dad yesterday, I am truely blessed for that!!! He gave me a few of my grandmothers things...like her booties from babyhood, and his baby shoes too..her bonnet of velvet, a jewelry box that was worn and broken but still plays music, filled with things she cherished..an indianhead penny from 1902, a 1927 Quarter, a bunch of needles and pins loose in the box for a boobytrap lol, all her old watches, my grandpa's Army decorations, some Eastern Star pins and makeup tins, a hairbrush and matching mirror, costume jewelry and a few pieces that have garnets in them, she was born Christmas eve 1912, the last I got to see her was on 9-11 and she looked straight at me and said "At least we have our memories", we knew she was leaving us...and she passed the 18th of that year, she is the one who told me I was the black sheep, but she loved me the most I loved her the most too. She gave me my first bible with my name on it, and she proudly announced my presence when I attended church with her. She ran a restaurant her whole life, and fed all God's children..even those without money or in need, I learned life from her that I will share with the world, and pass to my children. I miss her dearly, and her things brought me tears of joy to reflect on this season. May you all find good in everything, and may your hearts give your love to everyone on earth. Peace , my good people!
Love OA

Old 01-06-2010, 12:16 PM

OrionsAngel, it is good to hear from you. Sounds like your family is doing well. How is college going for the daughter?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:01 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,010 times
The Sphinx was interesting for the oncoming of Human History, but did they all know when to come out to the Nile? I can't believe that history had such a good beginning to the connecting of the Word to the physical actions of humanity.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
OrionsAngel, it is good to hear from you. Sounds like your family is doing well. How is college going for the daughter?
Good to hear from you too masonsdaughter , She is on winter break where they all were booted from the dorm for just over a month, she failed a class and is worried about it, since her grants will depend on her grades and her full time status. She will survive it by self disipline
Thanks for asking!! I hope things are well for you

Old 01-07-2010, 09:16 AM

OrionsAngel, Things are fine, thank you for asking. Sounds like your daughter is a strong person. College is hard, even for young people just out of high school. I'm sure she will get the hang of it, and tell her good luck and good wishes from the circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality