Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
I am in need of a hug today... dont particularly know why. I am very sensitive, and something just doesn't feel right. I feel like a lost sheep wandering about the planet with no particular place to go. Do I BELONG anywhere? Who am I? Dear God, wont you hold my hand today?
I know it is frequently unbelievable, but you have a very special place in this world. I know I, and I am sure of several others on here, smile when I see your name as the most recent poster. I've gone back on several pages just to see what you wrote.You have been gifted with a wonderful spirituality and I for one cherish your presence here.

Also, you must remember that often great feelings of closeness to others and to the creator can be followed by a tremendous sense of separation. It is a natural cycle. If you didn't have the lows you wouldn't treasure the highs.

But there is one thing you can take to the bank, In my life you have made a difference, and I cherish your presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 05:26 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I know it is frequently unbelievable, but you have a very special place in this world. I know I, and I am sure of several others on here, smile when I see your name as the most recent poster. I've gone back on several pages just to see what you wrote.You have been gifted with a wonderful spirituality and I for one cherish your presence here.

Also, you must remember that often great feelings of closeness to others and to the creator can be followed by a tremendous sense of separation. It is a natural cycle. If you didn't have the lows you wouldn't treasure the highs.

But there is one thing you can take to the bank, In my life you have made a difference, and I cherish your presence.
This circle means very much to me, and I do feel the same of all of you! Even though we have never seen each other in person, the spirit touches us, we are supposed to connect and help each other in this life. Thank you! So kindly for being here.
Warm wishes on a cold winters day my friends

Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,376,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Among my culture we have a tradition that has existed for centuries.

Whenever we come together to discuss things of great importance it is always done within the sacred circle. Anyone is welcome to come and sit within the sacred circle and participate in the discussions, however all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside of the sacred circle, these things are not allowed within its confines and each individual who steps within the sacred circle is expected to help govern it and be responsible to see to it that peace, harmony, and understanding prevail within the sacred circle.

So now my brothers and sisters, I invite you to step within the sacred circle and tell us about your beliefs or non-beliefs without criticism or animosity to one another.

Remember, all are welcomed here who come with a good heart.
I just wanted to congratulate you on the success of your thread pt. 83,000 views demonstrates the great interest in Native American culture even as studies show many people abandoning not God but organized religion where many paid professional clergy clinging to confusing 4th and 5th century scholarly creeds are failing to help grassroots members of their flock establish a satisfying personal relationship with God.

Enjoy the weekend my friend.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:53 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Some weeks ago I asked for prayer and thoughts for my partners ex. He had been diagnosed with cancer and was undergoing both radiation and chemo. During the treatment he suffered a heart attack and was placed in ICU. While he was in ICU he developed a case of pneumonia and some kidney problems.

It was at this point that I asked you to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Since then his kidneys began functioning a bit better, but last week he had a mild stroke. Against the advice of his doctor he checked himself of the hospital. He told the doctor that they could do little for him that he couldn't have done at home (they were basically watching him) and that if he was going to pass over that he would rather do it at home instead of wired to a machine in a hospital.

I did not ask that you pray for healing, but for peace. This morning he crossed over....peacefully, in his home, with his family. He was a good man, a talented man, and he will be missed by a lot of people.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:33 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
My brother at this time the words of White Elk come to mind:

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

And so it is.
Mitakuye Oyassin, Osayo

Old 10-31-2009, 11:53 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Goodpasture, I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds as though he must have been an exceptional person. May he live on in the hearts of those who knew him.
OrionsAngel, I just saw your post today and although it is a little late, hugs all around. Sit with us for awhile and feel the peace.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:05 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Yesterday morning, I awoke to the result of a freezing rain after a heavy snowstorm, everything was a solid sheet of ice, and by the end of the day, it had warmed and melted nearly all of it, but the sun shone and the warmth it provided to my face, was shared by everyone, that was peace..and I noticed it Peace to all souls, past and present...
Orion is rising in the wee hours of the mornings now, he is at about a 45 degree angle to my horizon line, in February, he rises from the East and travels by the pathlight of the moon at my Zenith, he watches over all of us as a guardian, he is more than just a cluster of random stars, he is special.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
I would like to offer my belated condolences to both Goodpasture and Ptsum.

Having to deal with the death of a loved one is always such a terrible thing and I am not quite sure we ever truly recover from losing someone. I just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you and that I know all your friends here in the Circle will be wrapping their virtual arms around you in the warmest embrace we can possibly manage.

Words can never truly express what one feels and death leaves us all feeling rather helpless in many ways. I am so, sorry for you and hope that you are surrounded by Love and understanding to help you come to terms with something so tragic.

The Dead never truly leave us though and the memories will have left of them will always linger as a comforting presence. I lost my beloved Grand-Mother almost 2 years ago now and though I still feel the loss greatly I know she is in many ways still with me because I will always carry her in my heart. Nobody can ever take that away from me.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:22 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,687,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
I am in need of a hug today... dont particularly know why. I am very sensitive, and something just doesn't feel right. I feel like a lost sheep wandering about the planet with no particular place to go. Do I BELONG anywhere? Who am I? Dear God, wont you hold my hand today?
Maybe you belong wherever you feel like going! Think of it as freedom, rather than the necessity to be cornered into one path of life.

I don't "belong" anywhere, either, and I've embraced that fact and had a lot of fun with it, with travel, moving, making new friends, experiencing new things. It's really quite refreshing if you think about it.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:50 PM

73 posts, read 88,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Maybe you belong wherever you feel like going! Think of it as freedom, rather than the necessity to be cornered into one path of life.

I don't "belong" anywhere, either, and I've embraced that fact and had a lot of fun with it, with travel, moving, making new friends, experiencing new things. It's really quite refreshing if you think about it.
Making new friends is no easy task if you strive to live a moral life. I have lost almost all of my friends because I simply made the choice to be a better person. That may not sound like it makes sense, but it really did happen that way. Most of the world is a cold dark place, I don't encounter very many people who are striving for truth, and I just randomly found this website today and so far some of the stuff I've read has been really promising. Hopefully people on here believe as strongly as they say, but one can never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality