Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 03:43 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times

Advertisements

YouTube - J. J. Cale - Don't go to strangers

(2 usT)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 04:31 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Don't you just love those Tulsa boys?

Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Don't you just love those Tulsa boys?

yeah!! long before it would dawn on me this could just be some sort of calling, too. don't ask me to explain ....

Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 AM

I was reading a thread elsewhere concerning fear of the future and of the unknown. I noticed that a person who did not have that fear was very differential to those that did have that fear, frequently apologizing for not understanding and constantly reassuring others that he meant no offense but only sought understanding. It seems the fear is related to when an event was going to happen and who would benefit and who would not benefit. I have learned, over the past months, that the one who did not fear was both strong and a warrior......and I noticed that he spoke quietly, but with strength. It occurred to me that strong people do not need to speak strongly.....the stronger the speaker, the quieter calmer he speaks. The weaker the speaker is, the less a warrior, the more venomous and vitriolic and loudly he speaks.

There seems to be a corollary.....the weaker one is, the louder one is and the stronger one is, the quieter one is. The weak force their voice over other voices, the strong speak politely and with great deference.

When I talk to the Creator I find I must go to a place of quiet and peace. Chaos disrupts my focus and noise overwhelms His voice and deafens my ears. The Creator is strong. He does not need to yell at me to make me hear. I strain to hear His whispers. He speaks softly....I must listen hard to hear Him speak. I wonder now how in the chaos and noise of a city one can hear the Creator speak.

I understand now the need to assemble in a church. For many people this is the only place of quiet that a city or suburban dweller can find. I wonder what the next generation of Christians will be like after they turn their "sanctuary" into a place of entertainment and performance and there is no time to seek the silence necessary to hear the strong voice of the Creator..........

Old 04-14-2009, 09:16 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,439,354 times
Awesome post Good, that's exactly the reason why many religions focus in meditation to contact God, to do that you need to get away from all sensory distractions, so that you can focus your consciousness in God only until you make contact, it is in the inner silence where he reveals himself.

regards!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 AM

YouTube - Elvis - Walk a Mile In my Shoes

Old 04-14-2009, 11:52 PM

Does anyone but me find this thread a place of respite? A place where the strident tones of the typical participants don't penetrate?

Thank you ptsum.....for making this place of sanctuary.

and thank the rest of you for keeping it foremost in our search.

I ask that you share your feelings and thoughts.........your mundane (to you) experience is an insight to others.

Also, ptsum, thank you for not making this a "sticky" and forcing its life....it is better that we share, contribute and learn.....or let it die.

I chose to post something inane than let it die........

It is funny......I would like to make a poll within the thread (the software won't do it) to see how many check this thread EVERY time they visit this forum.........

Sanctuaries come in many forms.........I suppose a place where kindred can share constitutes one............

Old 04-15-2009, 03:55 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Maby we can post it, Goodpasture. I don't always post, but I check this thread and read the new posts every time I power my computer up.
Ptsum, once again, thank you for your kind words.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:49 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Dear friends of the Sacred Circle...I have never left this place of peace and acceptance that is filled with the love of our creator..This has been a tranquil place for me since Ptsum first put this thread here nearly one year ago..I have not been posting in the Christian forum or this one (religion) lately, because I want no part of the insults and hate being cast back and forth in the name of Christ..I have been blessed though in reading the posts here of Good Pasture, Masons Daughter and all the others..Traveling Fellow, Weather, Celtic, Mooseketeer, Elston and Effie with her music and Song in the winds gently drumming. like a heartbeat...may not travel the path I do, but I respect their path and will gladly step out of mine to help anyone over a rough spot along the way and I know they would do the same for myself or any of the others..who sit quietly in this circle listening to the gentle beat of the drum
I know that there are some others who are here resting quietly while the rampage goes on outside this circle..
I have been a believer ever since a cold winter night when I was 4 years old but I do not know the cruel, hateful boss that some believers paint him to be...My creator has made each of us a unique individual and is tolerant and loving with all of us and walks with us on our seperate paths which all lead back home to him...
So I come here often during the day to read and renew my self in the knowledge that there are loving tolerant good people still in this temporary home we call this life..

Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 AM

good to see (my*) never-miss BLUE again ...

rampa - you forever

Last edited by effie g-tad; 04-15-2009 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: *(a french hen barely making it back to the cornerstone)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality