Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times

Advertisements

You can see the beauty in your Mother's face and eyes. Thank you for sharing that, GP.

Spiritual beauty. I bet she was a fighter too!

Last edited by _redbird_; 05-11-2009 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Thanks RB.......yes, she was a formidable woman.........I like to think of it as a warriors spirit. It was her strength that made her compassion possible. And I think that is the case with people of all nations, of all colors, of all faiths........it is the strong that are compassionate. The weak are petty, trivial, malicious. I have seen too many small town gossips spreading malicious rumors and causing untold emotional damage to others, while they sit back with satisfaction and glee that someone else is being "brought down." A strong person celebrates when others succeed. A strong person helps others and will "buy the first beer" when the others achieve a goal.

I see this as the caricature that is portrayed so often on TV and movies........the petty"boss" intent on securing their position by keeping others down......the movies "Working Woman" and "9 to 5" come to mind........The "Horse Whisperer" is the opposite. A strong man without an agenda trying to help where he can.......do what is right.......life without genuine compromise or a lack of integrity.

But yes, my mother was a strong woman..............she had a warriors spirit..........

Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
it's the picture of a person able to LOVE LIFE ...

Old 05-14-2009, 06:34 AM

I am staying at a guest house for a few days in southern Oklahoma. I woke up to the sun coming up over the hills behind the house........a very nice pleasant place. the owners raise PBR Bulls.......several of which are looking at me over the fence........this is going to be a good day............

Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I am staying at a guest house for a few days in southern Oklahoma. I woke up to the sun coming up over the hills behind the house........a very nice pleasant place. the owners raise PBR Bulls.......several of which are looking at me over the fence........this is going to be a good day............
As long as they are looking at you over the fence, and not on the same side, you should be okay. Enjoy your stay; sounds nice.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:59 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,600,412 times
Greetings all - I'm back from our quick visit to TX/OK. Things went well - still day by day here.

GoodPasture, thank you for sharing that lovely tribute to your mom!

I hope everyone in the Sacred Circle is doing well. Spring is trying to spring here - that's always positive

Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,376,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
From the Lakota, a healer. I had a dream about him, and the next day I went to see him. We were in a huge auditorium and his eyes met mine and he walked directly to me.

I told him I had a dream about him, and he said yes, did you see I came to you straightaway?

The elders light the sage and offer prayers for the People, for the ones sitting around the Sacred Circle tonight.

For all who need prayers, let their prayers be our prayers, their pain our pain. The blessing of one is the blessing of all.
The photo looks like a man I knew well many years ago. Could that be Phil Lane?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
As long as they are looking at you over the fence, and not on the same side, you should be okay. Enjoy your stay; sounds nice.
Its been very nice. I've been teaching here, and the class went well. I will be heading home tomorrow. I may stop off at Marietta for a catfish lunch, as long as we are in the neighborhood. It's only 40 miles out of our way.

Helped "round up" a bull that jumped the fence yesterday and was walking down the road. It has been decades since I was around the rough stock.....it took me back in my mind, unfortunately my body can't quite keep up........

We had storms east west and north of us over the past few days. but so far, nothing here. Weather dot com says my house is under heavy thunderstorms right now, so tomorrow I find out if I have to reroof or if the reroof I did will hold........

I hope all are doing well.........good night from Madill, OK

Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
The photo looks like a man I knew well many years ago. Could that be Phil Lane?
YES! Phil Lane, Jr. He is a great mentor.

Back when I was in college around 1990, they invited one Native American Student from all the colleges in America and we all came to Boulder, CO for a few days of "Healing Mother Earth and Ourselves".

It was a great learning experience, and many strange things occurred that were beautiful.

He is the one I said I had a dream about and the next morning I was going to tell him about it, and when I saw him across the way he made eye contact and he came walking through the auditorium where we had gathered the last day. It was just one of those strange occurrences that seemed to happen all week while we were there.

He is a blessing to be around. We had sweat lodges every night, but the first one did me in!

There was no condemning, no scripture wars saying you or you are going to burn in hell, none of that grandstanding. Just simple healing with love and prayers to Grandfather.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:04 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,376,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
YES! Phil Lane, Jr. He is a great mentor.

Back when I was in college around 1990, they invited one Native American Student from all the colleges in America and we all came to Boulder, CO for a few days of "Healing Mother Earth and Ourselves".

It was a great learning experience, and many strange things occurred that were beautiful.

He is the one I said I had a dream about and the next morning I was going to tell him about it, and when I saw him across the way he made eye contact and he came walking through the auditorium where we had gathered the last day. It was just one of those strange occurrences that seemed to happen all week while we were there.

He is a blessing to be around. We had sweat lodges every night, but the first one did me in!

There was no condemning, no scripture wars saying you or you are going to burn in hell, none of that grandstanding. Just simple healing with love and prayers to Grandfather.
Wonderful. I once taught college courses on the largest Indian reservation in Canada and got to know Phil quite well. We shared some experiences and I think I could still sing the vision quest that he taught me.

Phil's a very unusual man, it's good to know that he's still going strong, I expected as much, and not just because he and I were born the same year. I'm glad you shared experiences with him as well redbird. I think the time of change is soon upon us, we've been expecting it for years, you will have your day in the sun...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality