Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,439,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Dear friends of the Sacred Circle...I have never left this place of peace and acceptance that is filled with the love of our creator..This has been a tranquil place for me since Ptsum first put this thread here nearly one year ago..I have not been posting in the Christian forum or this one (religion) lately, because I want no part of the insults and hate being cast back and forth in the name of Christ..I have been blessed though in reading the posts here of Good Pasture, Masons Daughter and all the others..Traveling Fellow, Weather, Celtic, Mooseketeer, Elston and Effie with her music and Song in the winds gently drumming. like a heartbeat...may not travel the path I do, but I respect their path and will gladly step out of mine to help anyone over a rough spot along the way and I know they would do the same for myself or any of the others..who sit quietly in this circle listening to the gentle beat of the drum
I know that there are some others who are here resting quietly while the rampage goes on outside this circle..
I have been a believer ever since a cold winter night when I was 4 years old but I do not know the cruel, hateful boss that some believers paint him to be...My creator has made each of us a unique individual and is tolerant and loving with all of us and walks with us on our seperate paths which all lead back home to him...
So I come here often during the day to read and renew my self in the knowledge that there are loving tolerant good people still in this temporary home we call this life..
This is one of the most heartfelt posts I've ever seen on CD may God continue blessing you my dear friend and us all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:39 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Today was a good day.........

I spent the early morning walking in the woods in search of mushrooms. Although I didn't find any I came on a place.....a large rock....that overlooks the small stream that runs through those woods. I spent most of my hunting time simply talking to the creator. It was a good conversation.

This evening I am sitting out on the west side of my house with a smoke and a drink. I live near a little town. It has a general store where men will gather in the afternoon and evening and drink a beer. It has a post office in a new metal building. It has some churches. It has a Town Hall which is never used. It has a Senior Citizens Center that holds a potluck and dance every Thursday evening.

Today, in the old bank building, a cafe opened. they serve breakfast lunch and dinner, the prices are reasonable and the food is good. I came home after good fries, a country fried steak, green beans and iced tea.....for $7.00.

We had to sit with another couple who were a bit older than I. As it turns out our dinner companion, in his younger days, spent time in the jungles of SE Asia........it was a good time to remember when we were young.

to know that we have, in this country, men like him who live ordinary quiet lives but have the spirit of having been a warrior lets me know that we are still a great people......and despite our diversity, have common threads through all our lives that have created a great, multi-colored, multicultured fabric that cannot be shredded by schemers who try to pit us against each other with silly labels like "conservative" "liberal" "Christian" or "Pagan". It is good to know there are men and women of character who judge a person, not as"ism," but on the strength of their character.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:35 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Goodpasture, thanks for the beautiful visual. Do you have morel mushrooms where you live? We hunt them about this time in Kentucky.
Miss Blue, your post was beautiful.

I once had occasion to spend a few quiet moments sitting alone in a the back pew of a quiet, darkened, empty church. Slowly such a feeling of peace and contentment crept over me. I sat there, simply opening myself to this feeling. I had never felt this way before away from my beautiful woods. When I reluctanty had to leave, I felt so refreshed. I have much the same feeling when I am in the circle.
Peace, love, and contentment to all here.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
bringing some gelee royale from friendly spirit movements between yesterday and today..

seeing mountain lions and wild boars concerned with health and nourishment.
got only this to share.. (might be in very homeopathic doses)

YouTube - Ray Stevens: Rub It In

Last edited by effie g-tad; 04-17-2009 at 09:44 AM..

Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
This morning as I sit out on my patio with a cup of coffee and was listening to all the sounds and taking in all the sites of all the birds and animals waking up to the morning sun, there was a little bit of a fog in the lower valley this morning, in one of the lower meadows I saw a doe and her yearlings, she had twins last spring and they have been growing very nicely, as the sun rose a little higher above the horizon the fog was gradually dissipating and revealing some of the other animals that were also in the meadow, I could see a few rabbits running around and a groundhog gathering up some old dry grass to carry back to line its burrow with, I imagine I'll see a couple young ones in the next few weeks, in the sky above I heard the loud screech of a red tail hawk, he was up with the sunrise this morning and in the trees I could hear the morning songs of other birds and as I sat there with my cup of coffee taking in all the sites and listening to all the sounds a pair of chipmunks went scurrying across the patio to get some of the sunflower seeds that have fallen on the ground from the overhead birdfeeders and they were completely oblivious of me sitting there watching them. It is a good morning to sit and watch and observe mother nature.osay

Old 04-17-2009, 10:32 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
you see, Great Chief, the sober germans need to stretch their imagination sometimes - to see beyond oblivion.. good training for the eyes, not so?

Last edited by effie g-tad; 04-17-2009 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: coffee ... and reading the papers.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Miss Blue, I admire you.....you said it perfectly. The circle is a place for sharing and learning and a place of love, friendship and acceptance.....and respect....

In the Tao it says:

"The best of man is like water,
Which benefits all things, and does not contend with them,
Which flows in places that others disdain,
Where it is in harmony with the Way."

I would learn to be more like water....softer, non-abrasive.
I like that Elston.

"We shall be known by the tracks we leave behind"

-Black Elk, Lakota

The Tao way is a holistic way, much like the wisdom of the elders of our Native Peoples here on Turtle Island.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:50 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

"We shall be known by the tracks we leave behind"
that would make a good title of a good thread..............

Native American pic thread

I think I am going to try to make it to the Gathering of Nations. It has been years since I witnessed the dances and the regalia of this event. You cannot believe the spiritual impact of such a gathering.

Not only is bringing together a group of nations that stand united in as a group an awesome experience, but among the united are peoples that at one point would have been mortal enemies. That they celebrate their heritage is a good thing.

Besides, there are a couple of New Mexican restaurants that have been calling me for a while............green chili.......posole.......chicaronnes........carne. ...........I will need larger shirts when I am done.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:51 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
that would make a good title of a good thread..............

Native American pic thread

I think I am going to try to make it to the Gathering of Nations. It has been years since I witnessed the dances and the regalia of this event. You cannot believe the spiritual impact of such a gathering.

Not only is bringing together a group of nations that stand united in as a group an awesome experience, but among the united are peoples that at one point would have been mortal enemies. That they celebrate their heritage is a good thing.

Besides, there are a couple of New Mexican restaurants that have been calling me for a while............green chili.......posole.......chicaronnes........carne. ...........I will need larger shirts when I am done.

Ahhh, going to test the limits of the elastasetion of your skin, should be an interesting test and a fun one at that....

Old 04-18-2009, 09:57 AM

52 posts, read 87,632 times
As I sit here typing this message, I can hear my two 10 month old twins playing in the background with their grandmother. They are laughing and rolling, playing and giggling. They are going to the zoo today for the first time. An exciting trip for them for sure. Their grammy is taking them. I for one will be sleeping preparing for a long night of work. Though I wish I were able to go with them to experience their joy in seein the animals that are there, I am not too fond of zoos. It saddens me to know that many of the animals they will be seeing are barely in existance outside of the walls of those zoos. That in order to perserve something as precious as life we have to build walls around it and protect it from the natural habitat that has nurtured it for years. And why? Because the ivory sells, and the furs are a hot commodity. Because the fat can be used to manufacture lipstick and the paws are considered good luck. The racks are a sign of manliness and the bigger the fish the more bragging rights. That animal life is considered insignificant and man is the only important one. hate that animals are put on show like for our own amusement. And that is ok to put them down simply because they do not have a home. That life is only respected if you have an opposable thumb and can speak to homosapiens. I know not all are like this. I know that a good many people feel the same as I do. And I love those people with my whole heart. I just don't want to fathom a world where the tiger sits with a broken spirit in a cage next to a lion who has lost his soul. I want my children's children to know the wonders of seeing a killer whale jumping in the horizon instead of out of a pool at Sea World. That's what's on mind this morning, as I sit with my coffee and little black box on my deck with the sun warming my face. I realize I have missed the birds as I do everytime around this year. The robins are back out along with the cardinal. The crickets are starting to chirp at night along with the tree frogs and katydids. And I am looking forward to introducing every last one of them to my sons. Including eating the nectar from the honeysuckles! I hope I do right by them by teaching the importance of respecting the earth and all of its inhabitants. And that freedom and life is important to every creature. Not just man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality