Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 08:06 AM

22,240 posts, read 19,245,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
A quote from "Experiences in Spiritualism:
His [the spirit's] hand was stretched out toward us, waving about. The hand and arm were directly between me and the window, and interrupted the light as palpably as if made of solid flesh and bone."
https://books.google.com/books?id=Sp...ualism&f=false
I have read similar things from many spiritualism books. Whether true or not, I don't know. I was just inquiring because ptsum said he communicates with spirits like a medium.
The indigenous nations communicate with their ancestors.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-31-2019 at 09:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 09:29 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
The indigenous nations communicate with their ancestors.

True. And I just assumed that the spirits have told ptsum what their spirit world is like. I assume it's a happy hunting ground where Indians are free to live the way their ancestors did without the interference of the white man.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:36 AM

22,240 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Quote:
True. And I just assumed that the spirits have told ptsum what their spirit world is like. I assume it's a happy hunting ground where Indians are free to live the way their ancestors did without the interference of the white man.
the behavior of "making assumptions" is asking for trouble. It creates problems, suffering, negativity and inaccuracies.
for more on the problem with "making assumptions" see link below. The Four Agreements is based on Toltec wisdom. One of the Four Agreements is "Dont make assumptions."

https://mystudentvoices.com/dont-mak...s-ad2a0ad720f4

or here is a sampling of the plethora of articles on "problem with making assumptions"

https://www.google.com/search?ei=vSV...4dUDCAo&uact=5

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-01-2019 at 12:16 PM..

Old 08-02-2019, 06:47 AM

1,096 posts, read 419,153 times
First time posting in this thread, still getting used to City Data forums. Not exactly sure where I belong so if I'm in the wrong place let me know. Greetings everyone My background is womens spirituality and the Divine Feminine. But I'm also drawn to spiritualism. Just wanted to say hello and hope you all have a wonderful day!

Old 08-02-2019, 08:46 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
First time posting in this thread, still getting used to City Data forums. Not exactly sure where I belong so if I'm in the wrong place let me know. Greetings everyone My background is womens spirituality and the Divine Feminine. But I'm also drawn to spiritualism. Just wanted to say hello and hope you all have a wonderful day!
Hi coffee and welcome.

This particular thread was started to take a bit of a break from the discussion/arguing that goes on in most of the other threads -- sort of a timeout thread where folks can put their differences aside and chill.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hi coffee and welcome.

This particular thread was started to take a bit of a break from the discussion/arguing that goes on in most of the other threads -- sort of a timeout thread where folks can put their differences aside and chill.

Thank you TroutDude and that sounds really good to me!

Old 08-02-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
A quote from "Experiences in Spiritualism:

His [the spirit's] hand was stretched out toward us, waving about. The hand and arm were directly between me and the window, and interrupted the light as palpably as if made of solid flesh and bone."

https://books.google.com/books?id=Sp...ualism&f=false

I have read similar things from many spiritualism books. Whether true or not, I don't know. I was just inquiring because ptsum said he communicates with spirits like a medium.

I don't have the book you are quoting from but did click the link to read the part you were referencing. It makes me think of after death communication experiences. Some people see an apparition -- most don't-- of their deceased loved ones and some of those will say they looked solid. But it can vary greatly. Some will see only the face and/or area above the shoulders, others see the full form. The descriptions also vary from ethereal to more solid. Some have felt a touch on their person from the deceased even without an apparition. I have personally felt my deceased cat walking on the bed although I can't see him.

From hanging around forums and chats about these matters it is said that for the deceased to appear to the living takes a great deal of energy. Not all deceased are able to do it or to the same degree as others. And too it depends what the living person is able to pick up/be receptive to.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:36 AM

63,846 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hi coffee and welcome.

This bears repeating before any arguers start to derail the peace.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:17 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
thrillobyte, I understand that you are wondering what the other side is like and unfortunately none of us on this side can really tell you that. We can give you our interpretation of what we think it is but none of us really know for sure what it's like. I do have communications with my ancestors who have gone before me in my line of ancestors go back before time. I do not ever want to assume anything about the other side, I have been there myself for a very short period of time and was told that it was not my time to be there, I sat for a short time with my ancestors but I do not remember what it was like others in that I felt a certain peacefulness and that's all I can tell you. Each one of us has our own interpretation of what it is like on the other side over what we assume it will be but that is not always the right thing, what we do throughout our life in this world depends on what it will be like for us in the other world. I am reminded of a line from a particular movie that came out years ago it was called The Bucket List,the line is, have you found joy in your life? And has your life brought joy to others?

Old 08-05-2019, 03:21 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
welcome to the circle coffeemoments, it is always good to have someone of another perspective come and sit with us. This is how we learn, with an exchange of ideas of different beliefs without judgment. Again welcome

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality