Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2024, 08:46 AM

1,074 posts, read 775,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
LOL. Sounds like Daddy's money is about to run out and now he needs to find a rich lover to support him. He had better hope that his rich lover's husband is OK with that arrangement.

No, he's been living free for years, he has a similar retirement plan to mine and hasn't used a penny of it. The house will sell for millions. The lover is just biding her time and will probably make the jump after the boyfriend's new house is finished. The guy is very much a beta male, does everything any female orders him to do, to his own disservice. We are pretty sure nothing good will come of his move to Lititz, PA, she eat him alive. So sad. Not.

Another liberal leaving FL, whew. How come nobody interviewed him for an article? Oh wait, doesn't fit wishful narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 09:14 AM

1,095 posts, read 605,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
It's actually quite telling and AN AFFIRMATION of the article, that so many people on CD (rabidly political ppl who live in FL) have turned this thread into some kind of political conspiracy.

I thought it was interesting that the people quoted in the article, WHO ARE ALL CONSERVATIVES, are leaving or have left the RED STATE of Florida due to cost of living and political culture. Just like I would think it's interesting if the article had featured liberals staying in the RED STATE of Florida because they love DeSantis's policies.

To all the people who have thanked me/repped me for posting the article, you are more than welcome!
I believe in the articles which is why I said it’s sobering upon reading them. Anecdotal or not I’d like to be smart with money. I’m always a firm believer that no city is perfect, it’s how it connects to you and how you grow from it matters. Most people have this romantic notion of life in Paris, even as a teenager I said “but we still need to take trash out in Paris everyday!.” when people visited me and sighed how beautiful Paris was.

Pragmatism, being realistic and common sense are how I approached about moving back to FL the second time around. It’s a bit crazy because we have a life and a beautiful house that looks perfect on paper. I’m in the middle of trying to buy a house in South Florida, again crazy (given how uninspiring most houses are and what is up with $600 a month HOA? I also looked at the crime map with every potential house I was interested in, kind of sobering as well so no, I don’t see FL as a “paradise”, nowhere is.)-your article did give me a major pause so thank you for posting.

Old 04-02-2024, 09:56 AM

9,608 posts, read 9,913,977 times
Joe Biden is flying in as many illegals as he can into Florida then will grant them amnesty to flip the state blue.

Also expect the abortion topic to be pushed hard by Biden in Florida.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:05 AM

4,515 posts, read 3,894,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung baby View Post
I believe in the articles which is why I said it’s sobering upon reading them. Anecdotal or not I’d like to be smart with money. I’m always a firm believer that no city is perfect, it’s how it connects to you and how you grow from it matters. Most people have this romantic notion of life in Paris, even as a teenager I said “but we still need to take trash out in Paris everyday!.” when people visited me and sighed how beautiful Paris was.

Pragmatism, being realistic and common sense are how I approached about moving back to FL the second time around. It’s a bit crazy because we have a life and a beautiful house that looks perfect on paper. I’m in the middle of trying to buy a house in South Florida, again crazy (given how uninspiring most houses are and what is up with $600 a month HOA? I also looked at the crime map with every potential house I was interested in, kind of sobering as well so no, I don’t see FL as a “paradise”, nowhere is.)-your article did give me a major pause so thank you for posting.

Information is a GOOD thing!

Old 04-02-2024, 10:09 AM

4,515 posts, read 3,894,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
Just got coverage on my 1250 sf cement block house, metal roof, in Dunnellon, FL, about 25 miles from the beach (Gulf side), $250K coverage, $1129 a year through Slide. Where the heck are you people getting your quotes from?

Contact NSure.com. They got my coverage through Citizens which was $1150 a year and Slide will take over on 11/1/24 when the Citizens policy runs out. Geez, it's not rocket science. Do some research instead of sitting on the 'net here whining.

FYI, Progressive is not ever cheaper than anywhere else, whether it's car, home, whatever.
Thanks for the Nsure recommendation. I went there and they quoted me a premium of $4950 with Typ Tap insurance (never heard of them, as with most insurance companies who write policies in FL).

This is on a 1963 concrete block house (1900 sq feet) 1 mile from Tampa Bay, not on water or near water.

Nsure also gave me quotes from 2 other companies but when I gave them more info about the house (no pool, no dogs, original condition), they said they won't insure it.

My current insurer Florida Peninsula wants more than 6k a year. This is in addition to the 2500 a year i pay for flood insurance.

Going to get a quote from Citizens, assuming they will actually take my home.

Most American retirees cannot absorb these kinds of increases.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:16 AM

21,673 posts, read 31,345,919 times
Who comes up with this stuff? Literally, the opposite is happening.

Old 04-02-2024, 11:16 AM

268 posts, read 265,578 times
I read the whole article yesterday and assume these three people that were interviewed were RINO type Republicans. They or some of them probably live(d) in The Villages (my assumption because one mentioned that they were surrounded by Trump supporters and politics).

Where I live now - and also where I lived before - I have never been confronted with politics. My neighbors keep to themselves and the people I deal with here keep their politics to themselves.

I love my governor and am very happy that he keeps Florida a free state and protects its citizens, especially the children. There are 49 other states people can choose to move to if they do not like it here. People who feel "oppressed" by Desantis have the option to move to states like NY, NJ, CA, OR or WA: pick your liberal "flavor" and enjoy it!

Old 04-02-2024, 01:02 PM

18,611 posts, read 8,409,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
....or worse...... admits they fell for it.....confirmation bias is strong with this one

Old 04-02-2024, 02:33 PM

26,042 posts, read 13,051,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Political enemies of the State of Florida...& their accomplices...like NBC.

States who are losing Millions of taxpayers, and Billions of taxable income to Florida, are trying to stem their outbound flows of tax $'s.

Rather than correct the things that caused their residents to flee, they use propaganda to disparage our great Sunshine State to try to get them to stay, & not move the FLA.

Since the media has lost nearly all credibility, their propaganda doesn't work too well anymore, but it's all they have. They are fighting a losing battle with lies & deception.

A lot of people who move to a new State, wind up leaving their new State for whatever reason, & FLA is no different. However, the net domestic migration takes that into account, and FLA still is at or near the top every year in that metric, in #'s people, & in % growth.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 04-02-2024 at 02:58 PM..

Old 04-02-2024, 03:00 PM

18,611 posts, read 8,409,179 times
and here's what our government has to say about it......of course it's not vetted by NBC news LOL

Census.gov
March 14, 2024

Sunshine State Home to Metro Areas Among Top 10 U.S. Population Gainers From 2022 to 2023

"Florida was home to four of the nation’s top five fastest-growing metropolitan statistical areas and three of the top 10 that gained the largest number of people from 2022 to 2023"

"Wildwood-The Villages – known for its large retirement community – whose population rose nearly 5% to 151,565, making it the nation’s fastest-growing metro area.
Lakeland-Winter Haven, the second fastest-growing metro area, up nearly 4% to 818,330.
Ocala and Port St. Lucie, the fourth and fifth fastest-growing metro areas, respectively. Their populations increased by more than 3% each to 409,959 and 536,901."

"Three metro areas collectively added nearly 150,000 residents from 2022 to 2023: Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford (54,916); Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater (51,622); and Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach (43,387) — the fourth, fifth and 10th largest numeric gaining metro areas nationwide, respectively."

https://www.census.gov/library/stori...ng-metros.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida