Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2024, 10:40 AM

15,047 posts, read 12,250,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
So the whole VD thing is an urban legend dating back to the late 1990's. A gynecologist did an interview and made some disparaging remarks. Turned out, she was -greatly- exaggerating, admitted it in a subsequent interview, and announced that she regretted that her exaggeration turned into a huge urban legend that the Villages can't seem to shake off.

Do seniors get STDs? Of course they do. Especially when widows and widowers who are already infected and unaware of it, while they're living in OTHER states, come to live in The Villages and have unprotected sex. It spreads in Seniors exactly the same way it spreads in everyone else. It seems like there are more here, because there are more Seniors here than anywhere else. In addition, seniors don't have to worry about getting pregnant, so there's a lower likelihood that they'd use condoms (which are already unpopular forms of birth control).

But no - there isn't any greater ratio of Seniors with STDs here, than anywhere else in the country.

The "antics" are equally unremarkable, compared to the rest of the country. What you're seeing on the videos are the antics. That's what makes for videos that people want to watch. You won't see videos of people like me, who go for walks, take care of my garden, stream Netflix on my computer, and sometimes go dancing when hubby takes us for dinner in the square once a month or so. That's boring, and doesn't make for viral-worthy video. Most people in our community play golf, or pickleball or tennis, some are in bocci leagues, we have woodworking shops, arts and crafts, a very active quilting bee group...

The fact that we are more physically active, physically fit, and ABLE to do all these things well into our 80's speaks more about a lack of antics, than the presence of antics.
The naysayers are probably jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 11:22 AM

6,122 posts, read 3,833,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelassie View Post
yeah, not to mention how much work it is to get up close enough in all that traffic to read and exercise one's own righteous indignation over each and every bumper sticker! Even more work when having to snap a picture of all those bumper stickers. Takes all that time and attention away from texting while one is driving.

Old 04-06-2024, 11:44 AM

4,518 posts, read 3,894,732 times
Another Floridian stoking political anger in our state

If you drive around central and sw Florida on a Saturday you can see lots more
Attached Thumbnails
Republicans fleeing Florida due to costs, political culture-img_8059.jpeg  

Old 04-06-2024, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Another Floridian stoking political anger in our state

If you drive around central and sw Florida on a Saturday you can see lots more
I don't think it is the expressing of our first amendment rights by an individual that makes you mad. Rather, I think that it is the fact that YOU have a different opinion that is making you mad.

You need to ask yourself, or your therapist, why it is that someone expressing a different political opinion makes you angry. You sound very insecure and apparently can't handle the thought of someone having a different opinion from yours. Very immature.

Old 04-06-2024, 12:26 PM

3,496 posts, read 2,491,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I don't think it is the expressing of our first amendment rights by an individual that makes you mad. Rather, I think that it is the fact that YOU have a different opinion that is making you mad.

You need to ask yourself, or your therapist, why it is that someone expressing a different political opinion makes you angry. You sound very insecure and apparently can't handle the thought of someone having a different opinion from yours. Very immature.

The offensive part, to me, is the vindictiveness and childishness of it all. "Make liberals cry again?" That's something bullies in the middle-school gym lockers might think was a great idea.

The left does it too, but it's not nearly as prevalent.

(I'm a moderate and can't stand it when anyone does it.)

The AI bots trolling social media just to stoke division and rile up the opposition is nasty, and it caters mostly to people who WANT to be led around and ordered what to think, so they don't have to think for themselves and possibly accept responsibility for their own behavior.

Old 04-06-2024, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
The offensive part, to me, is the vindictiveness and childishness of it all. "Make liberals cry again?" That's something bullies in the middle-school gym lockers might think was a great idea.

The left does it too, but it's not nearly as prevalent.

(I'm a moderate and can't stand it when anyone does it.)

The AI bots trolling social media just to stoke division and rile up the opposition is nasty, and it caters mostly to people who WANT to be led around and ordered what to think, so they don't have to think for themselves and possibly accept responsibility for their own behavior.
Oh, REALLY? The left hasn't stopped crying ever since Trump won the presidency in 2016. Hell, the leftist TV news people were crying on air. They've been crying ever since.

Now they're conniving and trying every way possible to keep Trump off the ballot! Lawsuits by the dozens and every tinhorn Democrat official is doing everything possible to keep Trump from even running again! And you say that the Democrats aren't as bad with their vindictiveness and childishness? Ha!

Old 04-06-2024, 01:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 12,250,491 times
Quote:
Oh, REALLY? The left hasn't stopped crying ever since Trump won the presidency in 2016. Hell, the leftist TV news people were crying on air. They've been crying ever since.

Now they're conniving and trying every way possible to keep Trump off the ballot! Lawsuits by the dozens and every tinhorn Democrat official is doing everything possible to keep Trump from even running again! And you say that the Democrats aren't as bad with their vindictiveness and childishness? Ha!

The projection is nothing short of amazing in its scope, is it?

Old 04-06-2024, 03:48 PM

504 posts, read 535,090 times
Quote:

You have been discriminated against and you have every right to feel hurt. Hope there is healing soon.

Old 04-06-2024, 03:49 PM

504 posts, read 535,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Yeah, not to mention how much work it is to get up close enough in all that traffic to read and exercise one's own righteous indignation over each and every bumper sticker! Even more work when having to snap a picture of all those bumper stickers. Takes all that time and attention away from texting while one is driving.
Crazy attracts crazy. It's meant to be.

Old 04-06-2024, 04:30 PM

4,518 posts, read 3,894,732 times
Quote:

Incorrect. If it was liberal
Propaganda spewing obscenity on flags and bumper stickers I’d be just as disgusted.

And according to the article, this kind of in your face politics is turning off ppl who are on the same side as the bumper sticker crowd.

I’ll make sure to look
Out for F TRUMP giant flags. Or stickers. Or stickers that say I love to make republicans cry

Never seen it tho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida