Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2024, 08:03 PM

24,147 posts, read 32,631,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Wow, that's a frightening story!
It really is! That area of Long Island imports so many new Floridians each year. 95% are "Trumpublican" but I will guarentee you that few of you want them as neighbors.

Or maybe you don't care because *if* they vote, it will be for Trump. They don't usually vote though. Trump got their interest and shares their bigotry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 08:13 PM

24,147 posts, read 32,631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
The offensive part, to me, is the vindictiveness and childishness of it all. "Make liberals cry again?" That's something bullies in the middle-school gym lockers might think was a great idea.

The left does it too, but it's not nearly as prevalent.

(I'm a moderate and can't stand it when anyone does it.)

The AI bots trolling social media just to stoke division and rile up the opposition is nasty, and it caters mostly to people who WANT to be led around and ordered what to think, so they don't have to think for themselves and possibly accept responsibility for their own behavior.
So well said. I can't rep you yet, again. I can't stand when ANYONE does it, either. I expect more from my country.

Remember when after the election, there was a speech by the person who lost, and another by the person who won.

In the winner's speech, he would pledge to unite America and be the best president he could be for ALL AMERICANS.

And I, like I think many of us did, gave him a CHANCE. I didn't start hating the winner who I didn't vote for from Day One. Or try to bring him down.

He was the PRESIDENT of MY COUNTRY. I WANTED him to SUCCED!

Anyone remember that? Good times.

Old 04-07-2024, 09:08 AM

4,518 posts, read 3,894,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So well said. I can't rep you yet, again. I can't stand when ANYONE does it, either. I expect more from my country.

Remember when after the election, there was a speech by the person who lost, and another by the person who won.

In the winner's speech, he would pledge to unite America and be the best president he could be for ALL AMERICANS.

And I, like I think many of us did, gave him a CHANCE. I didn't start hating the winner who I didn't vote for from Day One. Or try to bring him down.

Those days are gone. I also remember the days when it would be absolutely taboo to put the “F” word on a bumper sticker. A sign in the yard. A flag on a boat.

Now it’s everywhere. Especially in Florida and especially from the right.

So disgusting.

Old 04-07-2024, 12:57 PM

26,042 posts, read 13,051,959 times
[quote=Chas863;66615676]I don't think it is the expressing of our first amendment rights by an individual that makes you mad. Rather, I think that it is the fact that YOU have a different opinion that is making you mad.

You need to ask yourself, or your therapist, why it is that someone expressing a different political opinion makes you angry. You sound very insecure and apparently can't handle the thought of someone having a different opinion from yours. Very immature.

So many of them cannot; Coexist, be tolerant, show Peace, & be Even though that is their favorite bumper sticker.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 04-07-2024 at 01:12 PM..

Old 04-07-2024, 01:39 PM

8,001 posts, read 9,211,990 times
Quote:

Protests against Bush on Inauguration Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suiwPdy4SnM

Violent Protests against Trump on Inauguration Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCu2gxVZ4E8

Yet relatively few protestors at Obama's Inauguration
https://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/u...-protests.html

Seems like quite a few folks who preach unity and co exist really don't follow through with their thoughts in real life.

It would be nice if EVERYONE calms down

Old 04-07-2024, 03:11 PM

17,793 posts, read 7,031,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
And who are you to call me a liar?

My thread title is NOT the headline of the article. My thread title is my interpretation of the crux of the article, which features conservatives saying they are leaving FL due to cost of living and rabid political culture. None of which is a lie.
You’re parroting DNC propaganda and claiming you’re not political. So you can call that not lying if you want but I think it is.

Old 04-07-2024, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Could not rep you but you nailed it.

We really considered FL however, this "in your face" and "pick a fight" politics is more than I can handle. Instead, we bought a house on the outskirts of Cleveland.

I prefer snow to the cold shoulder and argumentative people. I can be friends with anyone as long as they are not racists. I regularly rep people who are Republican here on City Dogs.

There are still places where people can come together.

I will guess that many of the newer Floridians, are Trumpublicans from Suffolk County. They are from towns like Shirley, Selden, Mastc, Mastic Beach, Medford, Islip, Oakdale, East Islip, Farmingville, Centereach, Manorville, Lindenhurst, Holbrook, Holtsville, Sound Beach and Rocky Point.
In Nassau, Levittown is very right wing.

This hate filled type of politics has been brewing since the Clinton administration. This stated brewing with Rush Limbaugh and Fox News.
Glad you ended up in Ohio.

Old 04-07-2024, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Outside of South Florida (Palm Beach, Broward, non Cuban dominated areas of Miami-Dade), Leon, Gadsden, Alachua, and Duval, Florida is MAGA, “Let’s go Brandon”, “Don’t say gay”, book banning, “CRT is the devil” with ever rising COL hitting residents in all directions.

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/florida/
Wrong, we hate Biden and the Democrats in Palm Beach County. Same is true for Miami-Dade. All the Democrats really have left is Broward and Orlando.

Old 04-07-2024, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Exactly, there will be no 3rd term, no Presidency...meatball Ron will most likely be a talking head on Faux News in a few years.

MAGA logic = "Well you don't like it, just leave!"

Most Florida families were here before Rhonda Santis and will be after him too.
But the voters who elected “Rhonda” by 20 points aren’t going anywhere. Hopefully we can find someone who triggers the Marxists as much as DeSantis does in 2026.

Old 04-07-2024, 03:40 PM

17,577 posts, read 39,266,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
But the voters who elected “Rhonda” by 20 points aren’t going anywhere. Hopefully we can find someone who triggers the Marxists as much as DeSantis does in 2026.
This ^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida