Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 09:24 AM

330 posts, read 460,966 times

Advertisements

mine said "what is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 AM

28 posts, read 54,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
hi,
How it (used) to be is YES you would be able to get EB in a 2nd year if you had no disqualifications in that year. Didn't matter if you collected it in year one not.

I was given a 2nd year, UI, EUC and also had EB from my 2nd year while the senate was out for the vote, it lasted 8 weeks then I guess they switched it back to EUC after the end of July and the EB was tacked back onto the end of my claim.
Jdljr had told me that during that time.
Now I'm put back into year one like about everyone else or what ever
(ESC is deciding to call it) this week.
I'm on a full 6 weeks of tier 4 and have 4 weeks left to go and I'm hoping that I'll be having EB after that.(??) T
hey sent a letter dated sept 22nd saying I qualified for EB, but they change like the wind and I refuse to call them until it gets close to that day.
Thanks, hopefully I will get it. I am in school and graduate in May. I will quit if I land a job but I really hope I can finish.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:38 AM

46 posts, read 70,120 times
Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. I feel we all are in the same boat. At times it feels like up the creek without a paddle.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:13 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Two weeks of payments, including the $25.00 from the fed was in my bank today.
I also got my Eligibility Review Notice, so I imagine those question will be on Sunday's certification.
I still don't know if this is Tier 4 or EB, but at least my account is once again active.

@ Lori.
Okay, I understand now. Sorry, the way I read it, I though you meant you got layed off on the real D Day anniversary.
Those questions only come while collecting EUC, so you must still be collecting on that.
I recieved mine Friday also

Old 10-07-2010, 11:22 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. I feel we all are in the same boat. At times it feels like up the creek without a paddle.
...to me...it's like I'm zooming down some roaring rapids, with plenty of rocks (ESC mishaps) in the way. Meanwhile, there's not many people (prospective employers) along the way willing to throw me a rope, but the ones that do...miss me entirely. Unfortunately, there's a massive waterfall (exhaustion of benefits) ahead...and I can't tell what's going to happen, how steep of a drop it is, how deep it is on the other side...either way, it's comin.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:26 AM

193 posts, read 285,899 times
i'm wondering if they are fixing everything alphabetically or by SSN??? cas I still haven't heard anything other than "they gave you the wrong department"

Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,697 times
Come to think of it. I never did anything with the OP letters...and the deadline to appeal or file for waiver is tomorrow. I was told twice to ignore them...but that was from two very not so nice NCESC reps. So....I dunno.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:20 PM

46 posts, read 70,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Come to think of it. I never did anything with the OP letters...and the deadline to appeal or file for waiver is tomorrow. I was told twice to ignore them...but that was from two very not so nice NCESC reps. So....I dunno.
I just called my local ESC office and the lady was very nice. I asked her about the 50% OP taken from us last week and whether we will get it back. She said that determination is going to made tomorrow for everyone.....BUT.....you do HAVE TO file the waiver to be considered to get it refunded.

Tomorrow is the last day to file the waiver but she said just download it online from your weekly cert page and email it back to them. You don't have to go there she said.
Get your waivers in today if you haven't.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I just called my local ESC office and the lady was very nice. I asked her about the 50% OP taken from us last week and whether we will get it back. She said that determination is going to made tomorrow for everyone.....BUT.....you do HAVE TO file the waiver to be considered to get it refunded.

Tomorrow is the last day to file the waiver but she said just download it online from your weekly cert page and email it back to them. You don't have to go there she said.
Get your waivers in today if you haven't.
I'm deliberately NOT filing the waiver, I'd get back $120.00 >( I guess)

However, I'm calling their bluff.
I figure if they give the OP money back ,then determine mine or everyone's waiver was a case of an appeal then my upcoming EB could be gone.

I know it used to be that if you had an appeal whether you won it or not, you recieved NO EB, NO way, NO questions Period!
So I'm just letting them have the OP just in case

I have NO trust for ESC and only want to collect my (hopefully upcoming) EB smoothly and get through this mess!

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 10-07-2010 at 12:46 PM..

Old 10-07-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Your Op's were higher amounts than mine and I'm not sending a waiver in at all.

Nope don't trust em on that issue.
If I'm wrong then I'm only out the $120.00.

That's alot to me nowdays, but not as much as my EB will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina