Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 PM

5 posts, read 14,100 times

Advertisements

I am currently in my last 20 weeks of unemployment. I received a letter at my home in NC saying I need to come in for a face to face meeting.

I am currently not in NC, though I technically still reside there and want to know if I can somehow avoid going in for the face to face by faxing or emailing my job search records. If this is not possible, do they allow rescheduling?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 09:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,733 times
Yes. If you have relocated out of state or are just seeking work out of state, they will do the review by fax. You should call your local office and ask if you could fax the work search to them or to Raleigh. IF you still have a a local address, they would want you to come in. If you ask them to change your address to an out of state address, then they would also give you a fax number to the central office in Raleigh where you could fax your work search record.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the response. However, I am confused in terms of your stating if I still have a local address they will still want me to come into the office.

I don't want to change my address if at all possible as I am currently staying with family out of state (still looking for work) and may move if I find work here that I can not do from my home office in NC or on the road since I am a salesperson.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:18 PM

I called the local office and they said the appointment has to be face to face regardless if I am out of state.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 4,733 times
NC will continue to pay your EB benefits, as long as you live in a state that is also triggered onto EB. If you relocate to a state that is not in an EB period, then you are limited to 2 weeks of EB (as I recall). So, I'd have to know what state your family is in. You would want to check to be sure that state is, in fact, in an EB period. If so, I don't see a problem with your changing your address with the ESC. That doesn't mean you would have to change it for all your mail. Short of that, yes, you will have to go to a NC office every 4 weeks for the work search review.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,638 times
Wink Hope this helps , I had to move out of state also for a bit...

I had to move back in with my Mother at the age of 53 in Ohio..have lived on my own since I was 17, am single and have always worked. Was layed off May 2012 and Cobra pretty much takes up my unemployment check...had to move to Ohio just to have a roof over my head but want to move back to NC. Been looking in both states BUT..the unemployment office changed my claim to an "intrastate claim"?..either that or "interstate"..lol...that way, I can go to my unemployment office in Ohio,(which is an 1.5 hours away if I need to). Unemployment still comes from NC and I still deal with their unemployment reps. One thing about NC? Their unemployment site doesn't contain too much helpful information compared to other state's pages. It's sooooo confusing.

Don't know if that will help you, but they should've mentioned that to you over the phone...although..I talked to literally probably 6-7 people before somebody mentioned it to me.

Good Luck to us all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina