Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 04:19 PM

16 posts, read 21,433 times

Advertisements

although I take no pleasure of hearing someone losing their job, but if the ESC heads in charge of this screw up is released (ie fired) by Perdue, and have to enter into the system they created, (would they qualify? ie fired not let go) I would happen to smirk with the irony of it all.

anyhow, looks like I am out of benefits, EB started in 4/4/10 and out of benefits.... (thought they would run till mid november).. anyhow hopefully mine and other's OP will be waived, and other's payments continue... good luck all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 04:39 PM

81 posts, read 174,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I was actually laid off Feb 11. "D Day"

D Day was June 6, 1944.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM

330 posts, read 461,701 times
the head of the RNC doesnt even know what the minimum wage IS. i think thats the definition of out of touch.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:41 PM

46 posts, read 70,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post

D Day was June 6, 1944.
MY "D Day" wasn't. It really screwed my life up when I lost my job. I worked my ass off for them (60+) hrs/wk alot, never under 50. I never had a reprimand and gave up being at important things in my life and kids lives to be there when they needed me to be. It messed with my head for almost a year before I just had to let it go or it was going to destroy me. I wouldn't have been so upset if they hadn't told me it was for economic reasons, then turn around and hire 2 part time people to replace me. Sure they saved a few bucks/hour and some benefits but not much.
Sorry to vent, I'm just still very bitter towards them. I have to be optimistic that a new better job is waiting for me out there, where I'll be appreciated.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 PM

330 posts, read 461,701 times
Quote:
MY "D Day" wasn't. It really screwed my life up when I lost my job. I worked my ass off for them (60+) hrs/wk alot, never under 50. I never had a reprimand and gave up being at important things in my life and kids lives to be there when they needed me to be. It messed with my head for almost a year before I just had to let it go or it was going to destroy me. I wouldn't have been so upset if they hadn't told me it was for economic reasons, then turn around and hire 2 part time people to replace me. Sure they saved a few bucks/hour and some benefits but not much.
Sorry to vent, I'm just still very bitter towards them. I have to be optimistic that a new better job is waiting for me out there, where I'll be appreciated.
that is awful.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:04 PM

692 posts, read 1,710,028 times
Quote:
Keep the faith and remember that GOD is in charge not us. It was 1.5 years for me and finally I got employed again. I did however have to move across country for this opportunity. Keep the faith and pray everyday it will happen. It wasn't your fault and don't blame anyone.

Always faithful

eiafjam

Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM

656 posts, read 1,141,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSU_madman View Post
although I take no pleasure of hearing someone losing their job, but if the ESC heads in charge of this screw up is released (ie fired) by Perdue, and have to enter into the system they created, (would they qualify? ie fired not let go) I would happen to smirk with the irony of it all.

anyhow, looks like I am out of benefits, EB started in 4/4/10 and out of benefits.... (thought they would run till mid november).. anyhow hopefully mine and other's OP will be waived, and other's payments continue... good luck all.
I don't think they should be allowed to collect <ie> fired!
Sorry, I'm also smirking at the thought of that.
Maybe they'll appeal and win?

hmmmm, that disqualification may mess up their ability to receive EB!???
I wonder if they also would be totally over qualified to work at Walmart or McDonalds???
I agree, the "IRONY" of it all!
such a shame.......

Old 10-07-2010, 05:33 AM

81 posts, read 174,452 times
Two weeks of payments, including the $25.00 from the fed was in my bank today.
I also got my Eligibility Review Notice, so I imagine those question will be on Sunday's certification.
I still don't know if this is Tier 4 or EB, but at least my account is once again active.

@ Lori.
Okay, I understand now. Sorry, the way I read it, I though you meant you got layed off on the real D Day anniversary.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:21 AM

407 posts, read 661,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Two weeks of payments, including the $25.00 from the fed was in my bank today.
I also got my Eligibility Review Notice, so I imagine those question will be on Sunday's certification.
I still don't know if this is Tier 4 or EB, but at least my account is once again active.

@ Lori.
Okay, I understand now. Sorry, the way I read it, I though you meant you got layed off on the real D Day anniversary.
IF you are in EB
if u look at the bottom of the claim profile page
it should say EB
and have an eligble (yes or no) and also have an EB effective date
if not, then most likely its tier 4

Old 10-07-2010, 09:04 AM

15 posts, read 23,909 times
This morning my online benefit status changed from "Benefits Exhausted" to "Extended Benefits". However, when I just filed my claim it said, "There are no more weeks for you to file as your records are up to date."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina