Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 08:26 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
Thanks for the information. Like you said, the protocol might be different now with all that has transpired over the last month.

Frunk, I assume you mean 2-3 wks of records from when EB began?

KC, how many weeks did you bring for EB reviews?

I meant to also ask how many days/week do they require for EB. In the past, they asked me for 2 days/week
That's what it was (then)2 different job searches/employers on 2 seperate days.
I also had 3 on some pages.
They copied back 6 weeks each time when I went.
I'll be curious to see how they proceed with the EB reviews., it'll be chaos with so many now on EB!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 10:19 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
That's what it was (then)2 different job searches/employers on 2 seperate days.
I also had 3 on some pages.
They copied back 6 weeks each time when I went.
I'll be curious to see how they proceed with the EB reviews., it'll be chaos with so many now on EB!
No kidding. I just wonder how they would actually verify the thousands, upon thousands of EB job search forms they "copy" each week. To be honest, I've talked to some HR reps and secretaries of HR reps who can't even tell you what happened 2 days ago, let alone 6 weeks! And I've been on interviews where I KNOW at least a dozen others are actively inquiring about the position. So now, I've got to expect the ESC may contact a couple of those employers and I've got to hope they actually say "Oh yeah, I remember chatting with him on the phone" or "Yeah, he was one of 6 others who we interviewed." I've talked to a number of absolute dummies that probably wouldn't even answer the phone if the ESC came a-callin. So then what, they take away my benefits because they didn't like one of the answers given by an employer? Yikes, that really makes me nervous. I just don't trust anyone, especially the people down at the ESC.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:52 PM

36 posts, read 56,787 times
Can someone set me straight? I received a letter telling me I am eligible for 20 weeks of Extended Benefits starting 9/26/2010. That would take me to February. Will I really get benefits that long or does everything stop the end of November?

Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 AM

7 posts, read 9,784 times
check eb date again checked mine this morning went from 9-25 to 8-1 guess no waiver

Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 AM

407 posts, read 661,301 times
YES that is the case for most of us! u will see FIRST an EB claim appear with an effective date of THIS week, and SECOND, it will change 24 hours later (they can only do 1, A1 transaction for EB a day it seems) and be BACK DATED to when you now ran out of tier 4 (to offset the overpayment)

as for what will be waived??? i have been told, that the ONLY thing that will be waived will be 1. the actual CASH that was taken from you, NOT the weeks that were taken to offset OPs AND/OR 2. only the difference in weekly amount from year 1 to year 2 (for instance i made $7 more a week, so if THAT is right, 7X13 = $91 that will be waived)

i have not heard one single rep indicate that the entire OP that was taken from most of us as a loss of WEEKS will be returned

BUT THEN AGAIN, i dont think they have a clue right now!
i mean its been like what? 2 weeks since the governor issued her executive order and STILL not resolved???? EVEN after raleigh sent IT teams to help????

its a real shame and embarassment that the ESC cannot resolve this matter this far into it! AND EVEN WORSE that the reps have NO IDEA of what to tell us or whats happening? AND on top of that we are paying them tax $$$$$$s to work overtime! 7 days a week and staying late! TO TELL US NOTHING USEFUL!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostunder View Post
check eb date again checked mine this morning went from 9-25 to 8-1 guess no waiver
PS and IF im wrong, then they might waive those weeks
BUT again, they have been telling me it might be 30-45 days before waivers are reviewed or not

Old 10-12-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjerliz View Post
Can someone set me straight? I received a letter telling me I am eligible for 20 weeks of Extended Benefits starting 9/26/2010. That would take me to February. Will I really get benefits that long or does everything stop the end of November?
IF and i say IF things stay as they are, then you would be able to get all of that
if u r in EB it continues until u run out
just like if u r in TIER 3 and the deadline passes, u still continue until u r done
BUTTTT u cant move into another tier

BUTTTT at the same time
check on the NC ESC site, b/c MOST LIKELY in 24 hours
u will see the effective date BACK DATED several weeks to cover the OP offset weeks

AND i was also told, that if u end the benefit year in the middle of EB
u still have to apply for a 3RD YEAR CLAIM, even though u wont get it, and once they say NO to that the EB would continue

Old 10-12-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
No kidding. I just wonder how they would actually verify the thousands, upon thousands of EB job search forms they "copy" each week. To be honest, I've talked to some HR reps and secretaries of HR reps who can't even tell you what happened 2 days ago, let alone 6 weeks! And I've been on interviews where I KNOW at least a dozen others are actively inquiring about the position. So now, I've got to expect the ESC may contact a couple of those employers and I've got to hope they actually say "Oh yeah, I remember chatting with him on the phone" or "Yeah, he was one of 6 others who we interviewed." I've talked to a number of absolute dummies that probably wouldn't even answer the phone if the ESC came a-callin. So then what, they take away my benefits because they didn't like one of the answers given by an employer? Yikes, that really makes me nervous. I just don't trust anyone, especially the people down at the ESC.
for the most part, the "reviews" are nothing more than a quick glance to be sure u filled it all out
from what reps have told me, UNLESS there is something OBVIOUS AND GLARINGLY wrong with the EB review forms, they dont call and check up on it, b/c they dont have the time or resources

Old 10-12-2010, 07:48 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjerliz View Post
Since EB is state money it should take you through the EUC08 ending date of Nov 27th., or until that currenttier is finished.
So if your still in your benefit year and you apparently qualify then you should be able to continue through.
Now this all this of course, depends and I do emphasize DEPENDS on our state being triggered on.
Right now it is, but if our 9.7% unemployment rate keeps dropping then our state can be taken off the trigger list at anytime!

Old 10-12-2010, 07:49 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
for the most part, the "reviews" are nothing more than a quick glance to be sure u filled it all out
from what reps have told me, UNLESS there is something OBVIOUS AND GLARINGLY wrong with the EB review forms, they dont call and check up on it, b/c they dont have the time or resources
So....you're saying I can have a contact as Art Vandelay from "Vandelay Industries" which is a latex company where I applied to be a latex salesman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina