Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 09:09 AM

31 posts, read 89,496 times

Advertisements

so what does it take to be eligible for EB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 08:27 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kap1 View Post
so what does it take to be eligible for EB?
Not much. If there's any appeal on your claim, whether you win the appeal or lose, it appears to disqualify you for EB.

Also, if you're approved for Regular UI in your second benefit year...you are also disqualified for EB. However, with the recent screw-up on those 38K claims, they appear to be waiving the disqualification of EB on those claims that got 2nd year regular UI when they weren't supposed to.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:03 AM

407 posts, read 661,167 times
and it looks like the appeal part might be being waived too. i had to appeal an initial unemployment claim ruling which i won, but it did NOT keep me from getting eb.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:09 PM

31 posts, read 42,759 times
Crazy how my claim has been saying Benefits Exhausted and have received no payment for 2 weeks but keeps letting me claim each week on-line. Guess the only good thing is if the house manages to pass anything like a Tier 5 and they do retro again I will have all weeks claimed already!

Old 10-17-2010, 03:43 PM

31 posts, read 89,496 times
my letter said due to insufficient base period wages

Old 10-17-2010, 09:33 PM

10 posts, read 17,034 times
Quick question: I'm on EUC as of 6/6/10, in my second benefit year (made more than enough for my second year during my first). I just received a notice that I have two weeks or less of benefits remaining. I should meet the cut-off date with time to spare to move into EUC Tier 2, and I just wanted to be sure that the "Two weeks or less" message is still just SOP, and ensure I should still just file my Weekly Certification as normal and pass into Tier 2 automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I did not start receiving the EUC benefits on 06/06, as the latest renewal of the EUC bill hadn't been passed yet (if I remember correctly) so I passed into EB. I was on EB until the legislation was passed, and have been on EUC since.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 AM

10 posts, read 17,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Not much. If there's any appeal on your claim, whether you win the appeal or lose, it appears to disqualify you for EB.

Also, if you're approved for Regular UI in your second benefit year...you are also disqualified for EB. However, with the recent screw-up on those 38K claims, they appear to be waiving the disqualification of EB on those claims that got 2nd year regular UI when they weren't supposed to.
I am on my second benefit year, and was fully qualified for Regular UI (not one of the screw-ups, made plenty of money to qualify) and I received EB this summer, prior to the most recent extension bill being passed.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:45 AM

12 posts, read 23,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
Crazy how my claim has been saying Benefits Exhausted and have received no payment for 2 weeks but keeps letting me claim each week on-line. Guess the only good thing is if the house manages to pass anything like a Tier 5 and they do retro again I will have all weeks claimed already!
yeah mine let me do that yesterday...i just checked this morning and nothing went into my account...

i think it's typical of the way they run things...

then again...like i said earlier...last monday i was given a dollar amount and number of weeks that i had left by a person in raleigh....4 days later another person in raleigh told me i had nothing and talked to me like i came to her with a tin cup on the street...

so i don't know what's going on...and it drains my energy and cellphone plan trying to find out from those imbeciles..

Old 10-18-2010, 09:47 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowas View Post
Quick question: I'm on EUC as of 6/6/10, in my second benefit year (made more than enough for my second year during my first). I just received a notice that I have two weeks or less of benefits remaining. I should meet the cut-off date with time to spare to move into EUC Tier 2, and I just wanted to be sure that the "Two weeks or less" message is still just SOP, and ensure I should still just file my Weekly Certification as normal and pass into Tier 2 automatically.
Correct. Just keep filing and you'll automatically be enrolled in Tier 2. We all get the "2 weeks or less" message at the tail end of any tier or program you're in.

If you exhaust Tier 2, you'll be one of the ones hoping for Congress to extend EUC benefits after November.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:17 AM

18 posts, read 33,816 times
Default Benefit year has expired

[CENTER]I filed my weekly certification last night and got this message. Our records indicate that your benefit year has expired. If you need further information, call the Remote Service Center at 1-888-737-0259.

I am on my 16th week of EUB. it's tier 1. I have four more weeks?
Then tier 2, if needed I thought.
Thanks

[/CENTER]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina