Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,983 times

Advertisements

If I owe the unemployment benefits money? Can i apply for the waiver and if so, when
and will i be entitled to a reund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 10:02 PM

46 posts, read 70,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesaudrey View Post
If I owe the unemployment benefits money? Can i apply for the waiver and if so, when
and will i be entitled to a reund.
Everything is unsure to us because of the ESC and it's "keystone cops" style of operation, but believe that the overpayments will be forgiven, which we are also taking to mean that no further payments will be deducted for this situation.
As for receiving a refund for what they have taken out of the benefits already, a waiver was to be submitted by yesterday to be considered to receive the money back.

Hope that helps

Old 10-10-2010, 09:29 AM

3 posts, read 5,268 times
Hey, Can someone answer this for me. I have been on unemployment since August 2009. After which, I went through my tiers like crazy!!!!!!! My new benefit year began in August 2010. The system states that my wkly amount is 424.00/wk; however, I'm only getting 401/wk!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it saying one thing and doing another!!!!! I have currently exhausted my tier 4. They told me that was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can I exhaust through my tiers, making the money that I have made( nurse)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know individuals who did'nt make as much money as I did and are working on the second year of unemployment!!!!! DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!?????????. For those of you wondering why I don't have a job...???, Health care is TERRIBLE AND IT HAS AFFECTED HEALTH CARE WORKERS. YOU APPLY TO MANY JOBS, AND THEY SAY THEY ARE HIRING BUT YOU CAN'T GET ON ANYWHERE!!!!!! SADLY, I APPLIED TO ONE JOB 3 MTHS AGO, AND THE JOB IS STILL POSTED VIA INTERNET. WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR!!!!!!!!I think employers lie and say they are hiring and they are not!!!!!!! If you have cut you employees down to 5, when you have worked with 10. Why would they hire 5 more, if everything is running okay??????? THEY WOULD'NT. EVERYONE IS TRYING TO SAVE MONEY, INCLUDING UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD BET THAT UNEMPLOYMENT HAS MADE ALOT OF MISTAKES WITH CLAIMS FOR A LOT OF FOLKS. WHO'S TO SAY THAT YOU GOT CUT OFF SOME MONTHS BACK AND YOU COULD HAVE STILL BEEN COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! THEY JUST RECENTLY MADE A MISTAKE WITH SENDING OUT 38,000 LETTERS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO THEY CLAIM, OWE MONEY. ANOTHER TACTIC FOR THE STATE TO SAVE AND RECEIVE MONEY. SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNURSE View Post
Hey, Can someone answer this for me. I have been on unemployment since August 2009. After which, I went through my tiers like crazy!!!!!!! My new benefit year began in August 2010. The system states that my wkly amount is 424.00/wk; however, I'm only getting 401/wk!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it saying one thing and doing another!!!!!
Heh...the weekly amount that's posted to my online ESC account never matches what actually gets deposited into my account. It doesn't matter if it's before or after taxes are taken out, it just never matches. And I hear alot of others have the same problem. I dunno...the best thing you can do is just call and see if they're any help if you really think you're getting the incorrect amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNURSE
I have currently exhausted my tier 4. They told me that was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can I exhaust through my tiers, making the money that I have made( nurse)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know individuals who did'nt make as much money as I did and are working on the second year of unemployment!!!!! DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!?????????
Yeah, that is kind of weird... You've gone through Regular UI and all 4 Tiers in 13 months? Have you received EB, Extended Benefits? Unless you had a previous disqualification (ie a previous appeal), you should get EB.

Quote:
For those of you wondering why I don't have a job...???, Health care is TERRIBLE AND IT HAS AFFECTED HEALTH CARE WORKERS. YOU APPLY TO MANY JOBS, AND THEY SAY THEY ARE HIRING BUT YOU CAN'T GET ON ANYWHERE!!!!!! SADLY, I APPLIED TO ONE JOB 3 MTHS AGO, AND THE JOB IS STILL POSTED VIA INTERNET. WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR!!!!!!!!I think employers lie and say they are hiring and they are not!!!!!!! If you have cut you employees down to 5, when you have worked with 10. Why would they hire 5 more, if everything is running okay??????? THEY WOULD'NT.
Exactly. Not many people are hiring these days for good, meaningful work. And if they are, they give it to someone from within their company (it's much easier) or you're up against as many a dozen others applying for the job. Not very good odds.

Quote:
EVERYONE IS TRYING TO SAVE MONEY, INCLUDING UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD BET THAT UNEMPLOYMENT HAS MADE ALOT OF MISTAKES WITH CLAIMS FOR A LOT OF FOLKS. WHO'S TO SAY THAT YOU GOT CUT OFF SOME MONTHS BACK AND YOU COULD HAVE STILL BEEN COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! THEY JUST RECENTLY MADE A MISTAKE WITH SENDING OUT 38,000 LETTERS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO THEY CLAIM, OWE MONEY. ANOTHER TACTIC FOR THE STATE TO SAVE AND RECEIVE MONEY. SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!
They did?

Just kidding...yeah, we've been going back and forth on that topic for quite some time now. It's a mess.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 5,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanahB View Post
I have a question about EUC. How are people getting all of the teirs. I'm an unemployed Architect. I have been since 9-09. In October-04 2010 my benefit year was up. I was already in my Teir 2 for about 1 week . Well when my benefit year expired. I had to register for a new year. I then got some letters saying that I no longer qualify for the teirs or Emergency funds. but I did get new regular benefits for the new year. All of this was because I didn't make enough money with the part=time job I got shortly after the lay-off. I was told that I will not qualify for EUC anymore once this NEW regular benefit is up.

So how are people getting into the teir 2 and 3?
I feel the same as you. Iam a nurse, and I got through all of my tiers;however, went through them fast!!!!!! Started in August of 2009, benefit year up in August 2010. Went through tiers fast!!! It's almost like I'm being pushed out of unemployment, so that my money can go to someone else!!!! They told me that I did'nt qualify for any more benefits!!! There are people who made less than I did, and are working on their second year of benefits!!! Unemployment is not using the same rules for everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get this: My mom and my sister had to wait a new waiting week for their new benefit year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL ME THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK THAT ME AND YOU NEED TO GET TOGETHER WITH SOME OTHERS, AND STIR UP THIS MESS LEFT LYING IN THE FRYING PAN. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS PAMELANURSE4@YAHOO.COM. SOMEONE NEEDS TO ANSWER TO THIS MESS. I WANT TO FIND OUT THE PROBLEMS OF OTHERS, GET TOGETHER AND START WITH WRAL 5 ON YOUR SIDE!!!!!! THANKYOU, AND SINCERELY I HOPE THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING OKAY WITH YOU.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:19 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNURSE View Post
Hey, Can someone answer this for me. I have been on unemployment since August 2009. After which, I went through my tiers like crazy!!!!!!! My new benefit year began in August 2010. The system states that my wkly amount is 424.00/wk; however, I'm only getting 401/wk!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it saying one thing and doing another!!!!! I have currently exhausted my tier 4. They told me that was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can I exhaust through my tiers, making the money that I have made( nurse)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know individuals who did'nt make as much money as I did and are working on the second year of unemployment!!!!! DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!?????????. For those of you wondering why I don't have a job...???, Health care is TERRIBLE AND IT HAS AFFECTED HEALTH CARE WORKERS. YOU APPLY TO MANY JOBS, AND THEY SAY THEY ARE HIRING BUT YOU CAN'T GET ON ANYWHERE!!!!!! SADLY, I APPLIED TO ONE JOB 3 MTHS AGO, AND THE JOB IS STILL POSTED VIA INTERNET. WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR!!!!!!!!I think employers lie and say they are hiring and they are not!!!!!!! If you have cut you employees down to 5, when you have worked with 10. Why would they hire 5 more, if everything is running okay??????? THEY WOULD'NT. EVERYONE IS TRYING TO SAVE MONEY, INCLUDING UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD BET THAT UNEMPLOYMENT HAS MADE ALOT OF MISTAKES WITH CLAIMS FOR A LOT OF FOLKS. WHO'S TO SAY THAT YOU GOT CUT OFF SOME MONTHS BACK AND YOU COULD HAVE STILL BEEN COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! THEY JUST RECENTLY MADE A MISTAKE WITH SENDING OUT 38,000 LETTERS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO THEY CLAIM, OWE MONEY. ANOTHER TACTIC FOR THE STATE TO SAVE AND RECEIVE MONEY. SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!!!!!!
(IF) You get extra time, you may want to go back as far as page 292 on this thread.
There you'll find most all of the posts up to the current page relating to our finding out, freaking out and trying to discuss and make sense of this whole latest esc mess.
KC

Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 AM

39 posts, read 73,738 times
does anyone know if payments made to eppicard will post today???

My NC unemeployment claim shows my payment for this week was processed yesterday (which means i should get paid today)

ALL other holidays it processed a day late, but for THIS holiday, it shows as normal.

i called, ESC is open (which means they SHOULD be issuing payments)

no notice on their site

Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,772,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboss View Post
does anyone know if payments made to eppicard will post today???

My NC unemeployment claim shows my payment for this week was processed yesterday (which means i should get paid today)

ALL other holidays it processed a day late, but for THIS holiday, it shows as normal.

i called, ESC is open (which means they SHOULD be issuing payments)

no notice on their site
This is a weird holiday because it is federal and not recognized by the state. So, yes the ESC processes but money cannot move via banks on a federal holiday.

Therefore, I would expect it to be a day late too. ESC sent the money and that's why it shows in payment history just there isn't anyone home at the bank to let it "in".

Old 10-11-2010, 10:41 AM

46 posts, read 70,165 times
My claim profile changed as of today. It says "benefits exhausted" in claim status, and it says EB effective dated yesterday at the bottom.
Does this mean my Tier is finished and I'm not on EB? I don't understand this stuff.
Last week when I asked what I had remaining, they told me 16 weeks, which would bring me to my benefit year end in Feb.
Seeing Benefits Exhausted scares me

edit: typo
Does this mean my Tier is finished and I'm NOW....

Last edited by Iredell_Lori; 10-11-2010 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 AM

12 posts, read 23,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
My claim profile changed as of today. It says "benefits exhausted" in claim status, and it says EB effective dated yesterday at the bottom.
Does this mean my Tier is finished and I'm not on EB? I don't understand this stuff.
Last week when I asked what I had remaining, they told me 16 weeks, which would bring me to my benefit year end in Feb.
Seeing Benefits Exhausted scares me
yea i just read your post and looked at mine...mine has the dreaded 'benefits exhausted' message too...but nothing about EB anywhere..

i filed yesterday as normal...i didn't get anything about 'you have 2 weeks or less...' which has been the case in the past...

also the amount posted in my payment history is totally different from what i have gotten the last 2 weeks...

i just don't know anymore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina