Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 PM

8 posts, read 13,070 times

Advertisements

It passed but it's not going to help people like me who in two weeks will be part of the 99er millions. I wish the best of luck to everyone that are still eligible for additional benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 08:35 PM

776 posts, read 1,683,925 times
Well it's worth noting...over 2 million people lost their jobs between November 2008 and February 2009. That's about 1/5th of the total number of jobs lost during this recession that started in Dec 2007.

Those people (me included), are coming up on 99 weeks. I shouldn't have to explain how serious of an issue that is and what kind of economic numbers we could be seeing in the next few months. Expect a bump in foreclosures, delinquencies, and bankruptcies.

If anything, the NCESC is really going to be bored out of their minds soon.

I probably won't be around these parts as often as I've been in the next month and on, and I'm sure alot of you who are about to hit 99 weeks will also move on with your lives in some fashion. Why worry about the NCESC when you no longer have to be worried about it and have much more important things to worry about? I'll still peek in and help you guys when I can.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:41 AM

108 posts, read 160,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Well it's worth noting...over 2 million people lost their jobs between November 2008 and February 2009. That's about 1/5th of the total number of jobs lost during this recession that started in Dec 2007.

Those people (me included), are coming up on 99 weeks. I shouldn't have to explain how serious of an issue that is and what kind of economic numbers we could be seeing in the next few months. Expect a bump in foreclosures, delinquencies, and bankruptcies.

I probably won't be around these parts as often as I've been in the next month and on, and I'm sure alot of you who are about to hit 99 weeks will also move on with your lives in some fashion. Why worry about the NCESC when you no longer have to be worried about it and have much more important things to worry about? I'll still peek in and help you guys when I can.
OpAck, you started this thread...right? As Frunkks (sp)? And you are seeing it thru till the bitter end!

Best of luck to you. I do hope things get better for you....and they will. Do pop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing. This has been one heck of a thread!!

Sure would be nice if jdjr would pop in on occassion. What a service he/she performed here. Thread would have been lost without him, that's for sure.

I am sure I can speak for everyone else that has posted in this thread. Thank you so much jdjr for all the time you put in this thread simply out of the goodness of your heart to help others. We all owe you a debt of gratitude...wherever you are!!

Old 12-18-2010, 04:08 AM

108 posts, read 160,609 times
I am coming up on the end of my 1st benefit year on Jan 8. Started my 1st benefit year on Jan 10 2010 with 26 weeks regular UI, then went into Tier 1 right around the time congress passed the extension back in July. Tier 1 (20 weeks) took me up to Dec 5. I thought I had another week left of Tier 1 so I didn't go in to file for EB until last week. So I didn't get a check this week. But should get one this coming week on EB (approved for 20 weeks). I guess i will stay on EB a week or two until the ESC gets everything caught up, then I will probably go on Tier 2 to finish up my 1st year.

Here is my question. If I am correct this is how my 2nd benefit year will play out (if needed of course): I have not worked or earned any $$$ during my entire 1st benefit year. So from what I have read here I will not qualify for a 2nd benefit year. So I will be set up with a "dummy" (who you callin' dummy, dummy?!) 2nd benefit year when I go into the ESC on Jan 10 to file for the 2nd year. I will get the "65" issue that will have to be resolved, then I can proceed into the 2nd year with the pull forward of all the benefits I had left from my 1st benefit year. This should include the following: 10 weeks of Tier 2 (having used probably 3 weeks of this to finish up my 1st year), 13 weeks of Tier 3, 6 weeks of Tier 4 (depending on whether the NC unemployment rate stays above 8.5%), and probably 19 weeks of EB left from year one (having used 1 week of EB this week before I get put on Tier 2 with the extension being passed). That comes to a total of 48 weeks in my 2nd benefit year.

Does this look right? Is my analysis correct here? From what I can tell this should be how it plays out.

One other question: Will my benefit amount for my 2nd year be the same as it was in my 1st year, or will the amount be something less in the 2nd year? I am thinking it will be a little less but nothing too significant.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:03 PM

7 posts, read 11,351 times
Default Go here and sign the petition 99er's!

Here's a link to get signed for the 99er's on here. GO put your name in before your internet gets disconnected!
The 99ers need a Tier V added to Unemployment Benefits - Sign the Petition | Change.org

Good luck to all of you!

Old 12-19-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
OpAck, you started this thread...right? As Frunkks (sp)? And you are seeing it thru till the bitter end!

Best of luck to you. I do hope things get better for you....and they will. Do pop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing. This has been one heck of a thread!!
You are correct...I was Frrrunkis!. And I certainly never envisioned this thread, which was only supposed to be a quick question on Tier 1 EUC, would morph into this massive 400+ page thread. You can thank jdljr for that. We had a real good thing going with him offering his expertise, and I know alot of us are grateful and appreciative of what he did for us. There's a whole wealth of information deep in these pages that answered a ton of our concerns.

If you do pop in here jdljr...I again want to thank you for everything. Your insight and guidance went a long way...more than you think. The unemployed have alot to be stressed about, especially in this economy...and you certainly kept alot of from going off the deep end. And continued best of luck to you in the future, my friend...

Old 12-19-2010, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
I filled online at 1200. and got message that my benefits were exhausted. Im on week 88 from my original claim of March 14 2009. My benefit year ends March 12 2011. I was on my 3rd tier I think. Do I have a waiting period before my next teir?? The NCESC website says Im eligble for EUC? Why wouldnt my claim go through today? No I have no cash for Christmas............

Old 12-19-2010, 04:28 PM

81 posts, read 174,022 times
Hi Wesley and welcome to the mad house, lol.
You may have only dropped off because of the extension deadline. From your dates, I would think you had just completed tier 1? 26 weeks regular and 20 weeks tier 1, would be right about now. Since it says you are eligible for EUC, it may just be the new extension date and will take a few days or so to get you straightened out. You may be able to move into EB until they get the system set for the new extension date. Just call in the morning and see where you stand.

I got my supplement questions today when I filed. I got my letter last week and my appointment is the 22nd. However, since I answered the question, I won't be going to my local office Tuesday. I didn't go last month, after answering the question. It again said I had fulfilled my requirement.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
I got my supplement questions today when I filed. I got my letter last week and my appointment is the 22nd. However, since I answered the question, I won't be going to my local office Tuesday. I didn't go last month, after answering the question. It again said I had fulfilled my requirement.
That's a pretty safe bet. I would say that for anyone who gets supplemental questions on the week of their appt. Except for Nicolette, of course. However, I would not be shocked if all or most local offices are now telling you to just come in for the heck of it...regardless of if your requirement was satisfied online or not. Meanwhile, Raleigh HQ is just looking at people's claims and telling people that they don't need to show up.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:39 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post

yeah the whole thing is sickening, I really can't enjoy Christmas with the "date "looming over my head.
I wish you well in your job search efforts, hopefully something will pop up for you soon!
So when is your year end date?
I seem to have EB allowed to me all the way until my year ends Feb 6th. Now I wonder of they cut us off right at 99 weeks even though we have more EB left on our claim account, I never really thought of that until now... go figure, ha!
I'll be around as often as I can and hopefully I'll hear back from you Frrrunkis/Opack!
Thanks for all the help on this thread, time flies doesn't it
(KC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina