Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 01:51 PM

8 posts, read 14,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
so you didnt qualify under 1.5.
your base period's total wages didnt equal 1.5 times the highest quarter.

so you got 13 weeks of UI, at less per week, when you were in week 16 of Tier 1.
like you said, you picked up Year 1 13 weeks after May..8? or about the 15th with the waiting week.
thats about 19 weeks ago...
5 weeks of Year 1, Tier 1
14 weeks of Year 1, Tier 2, altho this may be week 1 of Tier 3 because the reprogram forgot to include that bonus 14th week.

and there youre square.

I was told it was week 3 of Tier 3 but I am happy to go at that with them when things calm down a bit - I do have meticulous records but how in the world do they claim and take an over payment?? Looks to me they owe me the $14 per week for 13 weeks less I was making plus the waiting week money or def give me that week back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 01:55 PM

330 posts, read 460,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1831 View Post
I was told it was week 3 of Tier 3 but I am happy to go at that with them when things calm down a bit - I do have meticulous records but how in the world do they claim and take an over payment?? Looks to me they owe me the $14 per week for 13 weeks less I was making plus the waiting week money or def give me that week back.
yeah, i'm highly irritated at having to put up with a week of $0 that i never had to.
and the week of .4 that was the tail end of the 10.4 weeks of Year 2 Tier 2, that i never had to, etc.

those are the kind of weeks that can get your power turned off, or make you miss a payment somewhere.

i'll have to let your overpayment germinate. it doesnt seem right.

Last edited by rlincoln; 09-28-2010 at 02:09 PM..

Old 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM

you know, when they use that base period, the closer you are to getting laid off to the END of a quarter, the better.
not even i am anal enough to have known that ahead of time. December. March. June. Sept.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:12 PM

193 posts, read 285,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
you know, when they use that base period, the closer you are to getting laid off to the END of a quarter, the better.
not even i am anal enough to have known that ahead of time. December. March. June. Sept.
This is true but what happened to me was I got laid off Dec 1 2008 BUT they didn't send my unused vacation time check until mid January. So I have 1k in q1 of 2009. I didn't start collecting until late Feb because I didn't know I could. Im an idiot. i know.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
This is true but what happened to me was I got laid off Dec 1 2008 BUT they didn't send my unused vacation time check until mid January. So I have 1k in q1 of 2009. I didn't start collecting until late Feb because I didn't know I could. Im an idiot. i know.
you got shifted a whole quarter because of that one vacation ck. UGH.

although you know, in most cases, whether you go Year 1 all the way, or split it between Year 1 and 2, it usually comes out about the same in duration overall...somewhere around 99 weeks.

the 1.5 formula actually helps most people. you wouldnt want to give up Year 1 benefits based on full wages in favor of Year 2 based on 1 quarter out of 4.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:31 PM

193 posts, read 285,899 times
true. I got my full yr. then my 2nd yr, which i didnt earn, obviously. But I've been living on my pull forward.

LUCKILY, i've been on Unemployment since 2/26/09. I remember when I moved out here and my job let me go, I cried. The economy is nothing out here. They aren't even having a Veteran's day parade.. We live on a Marine Corps base.. how can you NOT have a Veteran's Day Parade in town?

Old 09-28-2010, 02:50 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,935 times
My update : 3 more letters just arrived.
One letter deying that I get EUC(2nd yr), I figure this is part 2 to the letter I recieved yesterday denying my 2nd year UI.

Ok, on to the next.... ok, I qualify for a full round of tier four at my first year rate for 6 weeks....

On to the last letter, you qaulify for 20 weeks of EB also at my last years rate.

2 letters were dated Sept 22nd, same as the previous 3 from this weekend.
My tier 4 letter is dated Sept 27th.
It will run out in 5 weeks.
My ONLY good news , was none of the 3 letters seems to have no more over payments (so far)

I can say,
if this plays out and I do get my EB until my year is over, I do come out ahead in the long run... even with the $120.00 overpayment.
My first year weekly amount is exactly $50 more a week than this 2nd year has been.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
i believe they mean, they DIDNT QUALIFY for any extensions based on year 2 figures, so the ESC went back and PULLED FWD Unused weeks from the year 1 claim, at the year 1 rate

like they did with mine

very few people actually get extensions in year 2 BASED on the year 2 claim, like 95% are pulled fwd from year 1 at the year 1 rate
I was one of the few that did get EUC, I couldnt believe it and went to their office to look at the screen qualified by 56.00!!!! go figure!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:54 PM

12 posts, read 23,039 times
i thought i was an island on Friday when i got my first two overcharge letters... totaling about $550...tried to call raleigh to no avail so i decided to just forget it over the weekend...then on saturday i got 2 more of them... totaling about $800...so after a period of nausea and clenched fists i went to the store and when i came out i had to have my car towed to the shop...heard from them today and the damage is $2000 on the minimum for a thrown rod or something...luckily i can get my mother's old car that my brother and i use for emergencies...

so i am lucky in that respect...some folks don't have that option...even though it is a piece of junk...it does move...

but today i got the same confusing letters you guys did... two letters telling me i qualify for tiers 2 and 4 respectively...then the wage transcript one and then the one where they say i don't qualify for EUC...i tried to call and then looked on here...and i think i understand what's going on...kinda...but it gives me a headache...the local office here in Greensboro isn't even answering the phone...it doesn't even go to voicemail...

i did my certification this past sunday and i did get my weekly amount...cut in half of course...so the whole thing about appealing is nonsense i guess...cuz the decision is already made...

i wish everyone the best here...i was laid off in March 2009 after 5 years with a company...after no luck there i moved to greensboro and am still trying....it's a shame to be penalized for things that aren't our fault...like my mom used to say..."someone isn't equal to their position"

at the moment it's just me and my cat...and i am stressed out enough ....so i can't imagine what people with families are going through...everyone is in my thoughts and prayers for what that's worth...

i feel like all of these letters and run-ins with the ESC is like the old episode of Star Trek where they fool the computer by saying..."everything i say is a lie....i'm lying"

good luck everyone...

Old 09-28-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboytoast View Post
i thought i was an island on Friday when i got my first two overcharge letters... totaling about $550...tried to call raleigh to no avail so i decided to just forget it over the weekend...then on saturday i got 2 more of them... totaling about $800...so after a period of nausea and clenched fists i went to the store and when i came out i had to have my car towed to the shop...heard from them today and the damage is $2000 on the minimum for a thrown rod or something...luckily i can get my mother's old car that my brother and i use for emergencies...

so i am lucky in that respect...some folks don't have that option...even though it is a piece of junk...it does move...

but today i got the same confusing letters you guys did... two letters telling me i qualify for tiers 2 and 4 respectively...then the wage transcript one and then the one where they say i don't qualify for EUC...i tried to call and then looked on here...and i think i understand what's going on...kinda...but it gives me a headache...the local office here in Greensboro isn't even answering the phone...it doesn't even go to voicemail...

i did my certification this past sunday and i did get my weekly amount...cut in half of course...so the whole thing about appealing is nonsense i guess...cuz the decision is already made...

i wish everyone the best here...i was laid off in March 2009 after 5 years with a company...after no luck there i moved to greensboro and am still trying....it's a shame to be penalized for things that aren't our fault...like my mom used to say..."someone isn't equal to their position"

at the moment it's just me and my cat...and i am stressed out enough ....so i can't imagine what people with families are going through...everyone is in my thoughts and prayers for what that's worth...

i feel like all of these letters and run-ins with the ESC is like the old episode of Star Trek where they fool the computer by saying..."everything i say is a lie....i'm lying"

good luck everyone...
Goodluck and many prayers for you (and your cat) also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina