Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 11:57 AM

330 posts, read 460,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tena1028 View Post
The woman who I was just talking to can't tell me anything. She said it is system problems... She said all she could do is give my info. to her supervisor to manually key in and for me to check back to my account in a couple days to see if anything has changed or call them back. Why can't I get anyone who is competent? She also told me I got too many weeks of tier 4. Well, I never made it to tier 4, they opened a 2nd year claim on me while I was in Tier 3 and that is what I was drawing off of when this mess happened...
yeah, i dont think its even possible to get too many weeks of a Tier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostunder View Post
just got off phone with raleigh apparently my tiers ended on july 31st when they recalculated thier previous miscalculations now have to wait to see if qualify for EB won't know until system updates overnight. shouldn't have any disqualifications but who knows what is a disqualification?
there arent many. youd probably already know if you had one.
done in July? hm. when did you originally start unemployment and was it a full strength normal claim?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM

46 posts, read 70,116 times
Now I'm confused even more!
Received 3 letters of OP totaling $655. They took 50% of this week's payment so far. My benefit year started 2/28/10 and ends 2/26/11

Today......I received 3 letters.
Letter 1: I am not eligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages which says it requires 20 wks of full time insured employment or the equivalent in insured wages in the base period. ?? I don't understand. I worked years full time before being laid off.
Letter 2: I am eligible for 4th Tier EUC and it lists the amount
Letter 3: Revision...I am eligible for EB and lists the amount

I have NO CLUE where this puts me! If they are trying to mess with my mind, they are succeeding.

Can anyone shed some light?
Thanks

Old 09-28-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
Now I'm confused even more!
Received 3 letters of OP totaling $655. They took 50% of this week's payment so far. My benefit year started 2/28/10 and ends 2/26/11

Today......I received 3 letters.
Letter 1: I am not eligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages which says it requires 20 wks of full time insured employment or the equivalent in insured wages in the base period. ?? I don't understand. I worked years full time before being laid off.
Letter 2: I am eligible for 4th Tier EUC and it lists the amount
Letter 3: Revision...I am eligible for EB and lists the amount

I have NO CLUE where this puts me! If they are trying to mess with my mind, they are succeeding.

Can anyone shed some light?
Thanks
perhaps Letter 1 is concerning Year 2, and they are just cleaning up that bit of housekeeping?
and the other 2 are the pull forwards from Year 1.

ESC is terrible about labelling letters in plain simple english.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:08 PM

36 posts, read 56,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp80 View Post
what is the phone number for remote services?
919-707-1338

Old 09-28-2010, 12:35 PM

7 posts, read 9,778 times
feb 09 and yea 26 weeks

Old 09-28-2010, 12:37 PM

15 posts, read 36,168 times
Does anybody remember what JDLJR said about how things would work if we actually qualified for a second benefit year, once those benefits ran out...do you revert back to collecting uncollected tiers for year 1, and, if so, using which benefit amount...year 1 or year 2? Similarly, if you actually qualify for a second year and run through all tiers, does that change how they figure EB qualification?

I know this sounds a little crazy, since most are getting letters saying (well, not actually saying this, b/c the letters say nothing) they didn't actually qualify for year 2...but I just got a revised Year 2 assessment saying that I DID qualify for year 2...now I need to know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostunder View Post
feb 09 and yea 26 weeks
yeah, unfortunately, that sounds like all the EUC Tiers are used up. its been about 85 weeks since the start of 2/09.
there are 13 weeks left til end of 2010
and 8 weeks til Nov 27, when the EUC Tiers end for everyone barring a Congressional extension.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblamboy View Post
Does anybody remember what JDLJR said about how things would work if we actually qualified for a second benefit year, once those benefits ran out...do you revert back to collecting uncollected tiers for year 1, and, if so, using which benefit amount...year 1 or year 2? Similarly, if you actually qualify for a second year and run through all tiers, does that change how they figure EB qualification?

I know this sounds a little crazy, since most are getting letters saying (well, not actually saying this, b/c the letters say nothing) they didn't actually qualify for year 2...but I just got a revised Year 2 assessment saying that I DID qualify for year 2...now I need to know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!
i'm pretty sure he said that once you are approved for a Year 2, that Year 1 is gone forever.
sometimes you do better having a Year 2, sometimes not. depends on the duration of your payments in Year 2, which normally has a smaller base period to collect off of.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:49 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Like clockwork...I got my monetary determination letter today...which highlights my 13 weeks Regular UI with the INELIGIBLE thing at the bottom.

But thankfully, no more OP's, though I think I should be getting another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina