Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 09:37 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
ACTUALLY it could just be that they were all WRONG TOO!
But as for year 2??? QUESTION--- even though this is a year 2, they are pulling it fwd back from year one? so how would that affect it???
i dont know, it may STILL RULE ME OUT, i dont know
all i know is what i was told... which has been wrong many times. BUT i would think if they tried to open an EB claim for me and i didnt qualify it would SHOW that? and NOT let them do the claim?
Yeah, it's year 2, but they're still pulling forward anything form (Yr 1) .
I honestly think (IMO)that it should've shown up if it was disqualified. Like i said, I beleive , everything went out the window last week when they ran the new program.
I had no disqaulifications and who knows, when my tier 4 is over soon, they may just stop me in my tracks... they may also decide our state isn't triggered on anymore or something crazy like that.
I hate to be cynical, it's not a healthy way to live... I simply refuse to be blindsided again, so I'm a skeptic of anything and everything I hear from them from last week on

I did recieve my 50% check today,so it looks like I'll get something for a few weeks up to 6 weeks.
My mail hasn't arrived yet today, so who knows there may also be new OP letters.
A friend of mine did tell me our local office told her it's highly unlikely anyone who had money to pull from, will NOT (more than likely) have their OP's forgiven.
They told her this yesterday in person, when she went to file a waiver for $3800.00 total.
The reps(2 of them) said theyre mostly looking to forgive the OPs of those already off of unemployment.......... geesh, how sick is that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 09:38 AM

330 posts, read 461,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
ORRRRR people like me how get about $210 a week and owe $1400+
are screwed and are looking at $105 or so a week for 2-3 months!!!!
exactly. and thats where they need to make it right. you shouldnt have to somehow survive on 1/2 what you expected because of THEIR mistake. you were on a personal budget plan, and now that plan is shot to hell.

i just dont think theyre going to make it right for everyone.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 AM

193 posts, read 286,141 times
i agree. they won't make it right because they are gov't and they don't care! trust me.. i've learned that last week alone with my hubby and the gov't.

i just call the lady i needed to leave a vm with and FINALLY i could. So i did. Said it would take SEVERAL days for a call back! Oh well.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I just called the Recovery number and left a message. It said it might be a day before they get back to me. I'm thinking thats a stretch with the number of calls they are getting.
All I know is that I'm in a serious mess if they continue to take 50% of my benefit over the next weeks/months. Struggling with the full benefit is bad enough, but now it will be a grave impossible to dig out of.
Has anyone received resolution with the OP's? I mean where they are back to full payment next week?
I had a smaller OP $120.00 (unless I get more OP letters) mine was fully paid off out of this check I recieved in the bank today., leaving me somewhere in tier 4.

I'll post anything that happens to the contrary

Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM

32 posts, read 48,678 times
honestly, I dont think they know how to handle the situation. Everybody has been on different tiers or EB. Raleigh seems to be handling every claim differently. MY father went to his local office 2day and they said he had a deposit for $100 that he received 2day. Well he checked his account and it wasn't $100, only around $40. They did help him fill out a waiver but told him they were not going to mail it til they get more and send them all at once.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo12b View Post
honestly, I dont think they know how to handle the situation. Everybody has been on different tiers or EB. Raleigh seems to be handling every claim differently. MY father went to his local office 2day and they said he had a deposit for $100 that he received 2day. Well he checked his account and it wasn't $100, only around $40. They did help him fill out a waiver but told him they were not going to mail it til they get more and send them all at once.
there isnt any part of the last 2 years that they are really used to.
people were never unemployed for this long 2, 3, 10, 20, 40 years ago.

take the 6x rule.
the reason they never told us is because why would you need to tell someone about a tiny exception that they had to find SOME work over the course of an entire year? it almost never happened!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
i agree. they won't make it right because they are gov't and they don't care! trust me.. i've learned that last week alone with my hubby and the gov't.

i just call the lady i needed to leave a vm with and FINALLY i could. So i did. Said it would take SEVERAL days for a call back! Oh well.
if all of us had been told back in Jan or Feb or March that we DIDNT qualify for a Year 2, and we were going back on our Year 1, we would at least have had in front of us what we could expect.
we could plan on, ok, i have til Oct or Nov or Dec at the very very most and while i'm wanting to work and looking for work, i need to know that.

just as important as receiving a benefit is knowing when that benefit is going to end.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 AM

407 posts, read 661,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Yeah, it's year 2, but they're still pulling forward anything form (Yr 1) .
I honestly think (IMO)that it should've shown up if it was disqualified. Like i said, I beleive , everything went out the window last week when they ran the new program.
I had no disqaulifications and who knows, when my tier 4 is over soon, they may just stop me in my tracks... they may also decide our state isn't triggered on anymore or something crazy like that.
I hate to be cynical, it's not a healthy way to live... I simply refuse to be blindsided again, so I'm a skeptic of anything and everything I hear from them from last week on

I did recieve my 50% check today,so it looks like I'll get something for a few weeks up to 6 weeks.
My mail hasn't arrived yet today, so who knows there may also be new OP letters.
A friend of mine did tell me our local office told her it's highly unlikely anyone who had money to pull from, will NOT (more than likely) have their OP's forgiven.
They told her this yesterday in person, when she went to file a waiver for $3800.00 total.
The reps(2 of them) said theyre mostly looking to forgive the OPs of those already off of unemployment.......... geesh, how sick is that!
WELL the exact wording i was told was that it shows the disqualification WAS REMOVED so is no longer there, and sort of like when u get it ticket and its dismissed, but was told that opening EB is 2 steps
1. open the claim, it will be officially open tomorrow
THEN 2. adjust the dates so i can start getting paid (AND that would in theory give me a payment for this week that didnt go thru)

THEN i have to wait and see is it 50% or less weeks?
Some people are being told 1 thing, some are being told another

MY GUESS is that right now itll go through at 50% and MAYBE once they update again, (sort of like how PULL FWDS RUN once a week now?) it MIGHT adjust those weeks and offset the OP balance and get me back on track

ORRRR it might stay 50% for 9-10 weeks more

WHAT REALLY SUCKS IS THAT IF I GET A JOB NOW, IM SCREWED TOO! because THEN i owe $1400+ CASH back to the state instead!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 AM

take the job. that isnt being screwed.
but yeah, you would owe it. ack.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 AM

32 posts, read 48,678 times
I totally understand that, I was just making a statment, but it seems like they jumped the gun trying to cover their ass. The local office will say one thing then Raleigh says another then a letter will say something different. They should be taking a minute to regroup, or should have anticipated this beforehand. The letters seem to all contain old information from last week. If you can talk to someone in Raleigh, that info should be up to date if you trust what they are sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina