Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly57 View Post
Holy cow! I've also been popping in & out of here to try to make sense of these benefits & the tiers & emergency benefits....I'm so confused! Here's where I stand:
2/09/09 - Terminated over phone by employer, worked at job for just under 2 years. They were trimming staff down, tough times. Given pay thru 2/19/09.
2/14/09 - Filed for UB benefits online
2/20/09 - Rec'd notice that I'd be getting 26 weeks & my benefit year was Feb. 15, 2009 thru Feb 13, 2010.
8/03/09 - Rec'd notice that I was eligible for EUC benefits (kept filing online)
Dec. 2009 moved to PA, notified local office in NC of address change by phone.
1/19/09 - Rec'd notice eligible for second tier of EUC
2/18/10 - Rec'd duplicate notice of 1/19 the only thing different is that it said that second tier was a REVISION
called & was told I was in 2nd tier for 14 weeks & to continue to file. Money left over from prior year. (call was rushed & they were rude)
2/21/10 - Notice received of monetary decision.
Called & was told state code says I'm not entitled to "it". Once again the person I spoke with rushed me, didn't explain fully & was rude.
Called local office twice left messages.
Called & was told by someone who seemed to know what they were doing that I was approved for UI for 15 weeks & I had a small balance in Tier 2 (whatever it all means, still confused).
6/20/10 - Filed online & informed benefit year ended 2/19/11.
6/23/10 - checked online again & it says my EB is in effect, effective 6/20/10 but under active issues it says "yes".
I've tried to call so far 3 times & all circuits are busy. I'm frustrated & confused & still jobless. (what happened to interviews in person instead of filing resumes' online & feeling lucky if you get an email response back?).

So what does this all mean for me? Am I basically screwed because I live now out of state? Sorry if my questions are repetitious but I truly am confused & no one at the NCESC office will take the time to explain it to me. Thanks all!
wow!
you have everything documented, that's awesome
I know JDLJR can help you with the living out of state, question.
I don't know if the fact that you live in another state would stop you from drawing our states EB while you wait for (If and when )the senate vote to be approved. I'll be curious as to what he tells you, he should be here by tonite> goodluck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Our wonderful esc rep. Jdljr that posts here in his (free) time will probably be on later this afternoon(after work hrs), he can help you better.
However if your eligible for a new UI on your 2nd year
(an apparently you are) You do have a 1 week waiting period.
Now the downside (sorry)
The senate is out voting on the extension bill since June 2nd. Everything is on hold and nobody has been able to move into new tiers or set up a new benefit year fI it was after May 22nd(and yours was)
so...... I'm guessing that you need to call the ESC service center tell them exactly what you wrote here and ask them if you can qualify for any (EB) state money until If and when the senate vote allows your new year UI money to come in.
Lots and Lots of people are in your exact same position (Unfortunately)
and our saving grace for many in the state of NC, is if we qualify for the EB state money. to hold us over

Only 7 states are able to draw EB right now and there's very strict guidlines for getting it(no previous disqyaulifications ect.) , but it's worth a try.
I hope you can call your health ins and explain what's happened.
The cobra bill is also on the table for a vote and so far it's not looking very positive.
I'm so sorry, but I hope you can qualify to get EB., call as soon as you can.

I have been following this forum for quite some time and am so thankful to have found it. I do have a question regarding what I highlighted in red above ... I am in Tier 2 with my benefit year ending in two weeks. Since I am already actively pulling from Tier 2, will there be a problem doing a pull forward even though I will have to reapply for a new benefit year?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:31 PM

30 posts, read 49,876 times
Quote:
Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.
I have been applying online for the past 7 weeks. Before that, the whole first year all my contacts were in person, but now that I've broadened my search out of my job field, alot of places want you to apply (online) only.
I hope this will be acceptable, as I have no idea of how to do anythig else by the review date of June 30th.
My husband's experience is that it is has been near impossible to find someone who would consider talking to you. I would say at least 75% of his applications have been online... The return call rate to follow-up on his applications or inquire about posted jobs has been near 0% which makes it even more frustrating...

He had interview last week - got reject email today. He had another interview yesterday... applied for another job that was reposted that he interviewed for about a month ago... hoping something comes thru soon...

Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
My husband's experience is that it is has been near impossible to find someone who would consider talking to you. I would say at least 75% of his applications have been online... The return call rate to follow-up on his applications or inquire about posted jobs has been near 0% which makes it even more frustrating...

He had interview last week - got reject email today. He had another interview yesterday... applied for another job that was reposted that he interviewed for about a month ago... hoping something comes thru soon...
Aww, I'm so sorry It's so frustrating isn't it.
That's almost the way it's been for me.
I had better luck getting them to take app's as I came in the front door ,while applying in my job field my first year.
Now that I've applied all over the place at anywhere and everywhere so it seems, I'm getting lots and lots of we only accept app's online.

It takes so long to fill them out online versus filling them out in person and attatching my resume' and (possibly) getting the attention of an HR person who'll pull you in the office.

I'm taking what I have to my eligiblity review and being honest.
I have address's ,times I filed online app's and responses by phone when I get someone to talk to on calls.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krr1223 View Post
I have been following this forum for quite some time and am so thankful to have found it. I do have a question regarding what I highlighted in red above ... I am in Tier 2 with my benefit year ending in two weeks. Since I am already actively pulling from Tier 2, will there be a problem doing a pull forward even though I will have to reapply for a new benefit year?
I think jdljr can answer this alot better. However from what I (think) I know
Is this.... YOur in year one (correct?) if so then you need to apply for your year 2 in 2 weeks and you'll currently be in your tier 2 when your year one expires., so the new rule that's now effective this May
(and not sure the exact date)
is this:
If you file for a 2nd benefit year after the magic May(?) date, then you must have had $4500.00 in income that you've earned throughout your first benefit year.
Most people don't have this, however ESC is trying to encourage those who haven't had any part time work to do so, while collecting benefits.

Now, from what I understand is this, if you didn't earn and make the $4500.00 of income during your first benefit year , then you cannot setup a new 2nd year.
If you cannot set up a new year THEN they'll pullforward your remaining tiers and EB (If you qualify) from year one. So you would pck up in tier 2 where you leave off.

So hopefully the senate will pass the vote to extend beenfits and soon, if not then ,you can't progress into anything, except a possible pullforward of year one EB to hold you over (if you qualify). If they'll do this????

I know this all sounds mega confusing, and i know Jdljr can explain it alot more eliquintly than I can(lol)
However in a nut shell> you need extra income during yr. one to get another benefit year, since yours expires after the deadline... if not you'll get a pullforward of money from where you left off at .

And finally this ALL depends on the senate vote, which at this point looks less than positive
Goodluck, sorry if I confused you further

Old 06-23-2010, 05:18 PM

11 posts, read 53,537 times
I've driven around taking apps & never getting an interview that way, just wasting A LOT of gas. It is VERY expensive. I've found if you don't hear right away from an online app, forget about it.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:21 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,357 times
Quote:
Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.
I have been applying online for the past 7 weeks. Before that, the whole first year all my contacts were in person, but now that I've broadened my search out of my job field, alot of places want you to apply (online) only.
I hope this will be acceptable, as I have no idea of how to do anythig else by the review date of June 30th.
I'm really sorry, I forgot to check today - we were shorthanded, as 5 of the 9 people in my office were gone today. But now that you bring up the fact that many employers want you to apply online, I don't see how that could be unacceptable.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:24 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
So... my active issue is an E6 issue. I was told not to worry. Also told that the pull forward happens "ever so often" but doesn't include everyone... . so it's a "waiting game" to see if they pull forward my funds that night.

Thats not right .. at all. but it is what it is i suppose.
An E6 issue means that you would be eligible to receive only two weeks of EB (Extended Benefits) from North Carolina, if otherwise eligible, because the state you live in has "triggered off" EB. It should not block payment of any EUC, as that's a separate program not affected by the same rules. so when/if the Senate extends the EUC program, you should be able to continue with that if you have some left.

Last edited by jdljr; 06-23-2010 at 05:48 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 05:25 PM

JDLJR...I have a question! lol

I am in my second year as of a coouple of weeks ago. I just got a letter showing my base period wages and the monetary determination & weekly benefit amount on it. Then under that it says I didn't make the 6X rule. So, does that mean no go? No where does it say, "you do not get any benefits." It just says, "you did not earn 6x the average wage since the start of your prior claim..." They could put on it that you don't get it, if that's the case.

Thing is I did get paid from the former job and a small temp job during the benefit year. I can prove it...I think!

Thanks a BUNCH! You are GREAT to help everyone!

Old 06-23-2010, 05:28 PM

AND I got a direct deposit form...so, everything is ok???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina