Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 06:33 PM

889 posts, read 3,119,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I would have no idea without looking at the claim. You may just be at the end of an EUC tier and not able to get into the next tier because you're waiting for the Senate vote. Or you may truly be exhausted. Someone would have to do some checking. If you're at the end of an EUC tier, you may be able to collect EB while waiting for the EUC program to be extended (if you qualify). When your benefit year ends on Aug 14, you may have wages in the base period to qualify for another benefit year (if you've also worked and earned at least $4,550 during your current benefit year). Otherwise, you would still attempt the new benefit year, but just continue with your unused extension money.

All of this has to do with specifics of a claim and I really can't help with specifics since I can't see the claim. Your best bet is to sit down with someone at your local office and have them explain your status to you.

Thanks for your speedy response,my goodness!
I will go down to the office asap,thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,574 times
Quote:
Although I don't normally conduct reviews, as far as I know you don't have to begin keeping track of names of individuals you've left applications with. I do know that they want actual addresses of businesses that you've contacted (as opposed to just the City). They're getting stricter about that.
Can I still assume that my appyling via online is ok?
Or do they need to be an (in person) contact?

((((THANKYOU)))))

Old 06-22-2010, 08:00 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,438,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Can I still assume that my appyling via online is ok?
Or do they need to be an (in person) contact?

((((THANKYOU)))))
I really hate to say without checking but I keep thinking that for EB since it's much more strict, they like the contacts to be in person. I will try and remember to check on Wednesday and report back here.

Of course, just because that's what one office interprets the rules as doesn't mean all of them do. Further, you might end up with a rep for your review who is lax on the rules, it's hard to say.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I really hate to say without checking but I keep thinking that for EB since it's much more strict, they like the contacts to be in person. I will try and remember to check on Wednesday and report back here.

Of course, just because that's what one office interprets the rules as doesn't mean all of them do. Further, you might end up with a rep for your review who is lax on the rules, it's hard to say.
Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.
I have been applying online for the past 7 weeks. Before that, the whole first year all my contacts were in person, but now that I've broadened my search out of my job field, alot of places want you to apply (online) only.
I hope this will be acceptable, as I have no idea of how to do anythig else by the review date of June 30th.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 AM

193 posts, read 286,036 times
So... my active issue is an E6 issue. I was told not to worry. Also told that the pull forward happens "ever so often" but doesn't include everyone... . so it's a "waiting game" to see if they pull forward my funds that night.

Thats not right .. at all. but it is what it is i suppose.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:13 AM

245 posts, read 956,988 times
Holy cow! I've also been popping in & out of here to try to make sense of these benefits & the tiers & emergency benefits....I'm so confused! Here's where I stand:
2/09/09 - Terminated over phone by employer, worked at job for just under 2 years. They were trimming staff down, tough times. Given pay thru 2/19/09.
2/14/09 - Filed for UB benefits online
2/20/09 - Rec'd notice that I'd be getting 26 weeks & my benefit year was Feb. 15, 2009 thru Feb 13, 2010.
8/03/09 - Rec'd notice that I was eligible for EUC benefits (kept filing online)
Dec. 2009 moved to PA, notified local office in NC of address change by phone.
1/19/09 - Rec'd notice eligible for second tier of EUC
2/18/10 - Rec'd duplicate notice of 1/19 the only thing different is that it said that second tier was a REVISION
called & was told I was in 2nd tier for 14 weeks & to continue to file. Money left over from prior year. (call was rushed & they were rude)
2/21/10 - Notice received of monetary decision.
Called & was told state code says I'm not entitled to "it". Once again the person I spoke with rushed me, didn't explain fully & was rude.
Called local office twice left messages.
Called & was told by someone who seemed to know what they were doing that I was approved for UI for 15 weeks & I had a small balance in Tier 2 (whatever it all means, still confused).
6/20/10 - Filed online & informed benefit year ended 2/19/11.
6/23/10 - checked online again & it says my EB is in effect, effective 6/20/10 but under active issues it says "yes".
I've tried to call so far 3 times & all circuits are busy. I'm frustrated & confused & still jobless. (what happened to interviews in person instead of filing resumes' online & feeling lucky if you get an email response back?).

So what does this all mean for me? Am I basically screwed because I live now out of state? Sorry if my questions are repetitious but I truly am confused & no one at the NCESC office will take the time to explain it to me. Thanks all!

Last edited by butterfly57; 06-23-2010 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: changed a date to correct date

Old 06-23-2010, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,460 times
Please someone help me out here!! My benefit year ended june 12,2010 and they sent me a letter that I needed to reapply. So I did and received a letter with another 12 weeks, my problem is that when I filed my weekly claim on sunday everything went through then when I checked my account nothing. This is the first week after my end of year date. Im in tears because I just sent my cobra payment yesterday since I received my monetary determination. Why when I called there was still money in my account but no payment was given? I dont know what to do I even went back to school and just finished one day before my benefit year ended so now im stressing so bad that all the money I got for school is for nothing. How long after your benefit year date do they start giving your money again?

Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM

193 posts, read 286,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
So... my active issue is an E6 issue. I was told not to worry. Also told that the pull forward happens "ever so often" but doesn't include everyone... . so it's a "waiting game" to see if they pull forward my funds that night.

Thats not right .. at all. but it is what it is i suppose.

called remote center. rep told me that i was given incorrect information ONCE AGAIN! She said that I would not get EB or extensions, which I knew....but she said I won't get any money from the last benefit year either ...

I'm so distraught. I've been told 100 things ..

Old 06-23-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy42025 View Post
Please someone help me out here!! My benefit year ended june 12,2010 and they sent me a letter that I needed to reapply. So I did and received a letter with another 12 weeks, my problem is that when I filed my weekly claim on sunday everything went through then when I checked my account nothing. This is the first week after my end of year date. Im in tears because I just sent my cobra payment yesterday since I received my monetary determination. Why when I called there was still money in my account but no payment was given? I dont know what to do I even went back to school and just finished one day before my benefit year ended so now im stressing so bad that all the money I got for school is for nothing. How long after your benefit year date do they start giving your money again?
Our wonderful esc rep. Jdljr that posts here in his (free) time will probably be on later this afternoon(after work hrs), he can help you better.
However if your eligible for a new UI on your 2nd year
(an apparently you are) You do have a 1 week waiting period.
Now the downside (sorry)
The senate is out voting on the extension bill since June 2nd. Everything is on hold and nobody has been able to move into new tiers or set up a new benefit year fI it was after May 22nd(and yours was)
so...... I'm guessing that you need to call the ESC service center tell them exactly what you wrote here and ask them if you can qualify for any (EB) state money until If and when the senate vote allows your new year UI money to come in.
Lots and Lots of people are in your exact same position (Unfortunately)
and our saving grace for many in the state of NC, is if we qualify for the EB state money. to hold us over

Only 7 states are able to draw EB right now and there's very strict guidlines for getting it(no previous disqyaulifications ect.) , but it's worth a try.
I hope you can call your health ins and explain what's happened.
The cobra bill is also on the table for a vote and so far it's not looking very positive.
I'm so sorry, but I hope you can qualify to get EB., call as soon as you can.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
called remote center. rep told me that i was given incorrect information ONCE AGAIN! She said that I would not get EB or extensions, which I knew....but she said I won't get any money from the last benefit year either ...

I'm so distraught. I've been told 100 things ..
GEESH! I honestly wouldn't listen to that rep !
I'd call again and also email(as I've done) and get a supervisor.
Theres' just no excuse for you to get SO many different explanations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina