Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 09:12 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Ok, I've read the info on NCESC and quoted two bits from jdljr's recent post, and I come up with 2 contacts (minimum) per week. Not 4.

"Commission Regulation 10.25 defines the minimally acceptable work search effort as two in-person contacts with different employers on different days for each week claimed. "

"Weekly Work Search Requirements -

* Different Employer Contacts Required: 2 * Number of days Required to seek work: 2"

If the requirements said 2 different contacts each day for a minimum of 2 days per week, that would equal 4. But it doesn't say that.

Maybe I worked in a law office for too long, but the requirements as written are what count. And the word "each" makes a huge difference!!
After re-reading it a couple of times, I understand now that it meant 2 seperate contacts on 2 days.
However it took my overloaded brain, awhile to figure that out> ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:39 PM

8 posts, read 23,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I would assume the "fact finding" was faxed in to adjudication. I would have someone check the notes page to make sure that:

it was faxed to adjudication, AND
someone in the adjudication unit acknowledged receiving it, AND
they assigned it a docket number, AND
the assigned that docket number to an actual adjudicator.

All of this should be mentioned in the notes section of your claim (only reps see this, you wouldn't see it on the online version).

They normally don't take this long, but there may have been some points along the way where it was a week or more in between the steps. Once it makes it to the adjudicator it can take +/- 8 weeks for a decision. Fourteen weeks seems excessive for sure.
It currently has both a docket number, judicator, and a docket number for a decision. I don't know if the fact finding was faxed, but my former employer never responded. I found all of this out earlier today. Supposedly I could have an answer as early as Monday. Am I wrong to assume that, without a response from my former employer, my odds are pretty good for being approved?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:54 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
OOps, that's right, okay I remember you filling me in on that.
I think it must've been jskin that had her review and had posted about it somewhere along while ago.
Well mine is Wed., so we'll see how it goes.
Sure looks a mess with the senate turning down the last vote
(as expected) So I'm assuming it goes back to the house..?
Just makes me ill.
I don't even think there's a bill now...I dunno how it works. I think the Senate can modify the bill again and strip some more from it. The last I heard about this filibustered bill (which REALLY made me sick to my stomach) was that there was some $30B stuffed in it that was to go to some overseas entity or to "foreign workers" as it was put (and I heard that on the more lefty MSNBC). I never followed up on that because I would really lose my mind if I found out that were true...because, had that been removed from the bill in the first place, the bill would be paid for and would have the necessary support to get it passed.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to file this week, even though I think I reached the end of tier 2. But again, my account still says unknown and I never got the usual "less than two weeks remaining" warning. But I know this past week was the last, so looks like it's time to try and sell my son again. 3 year old, knows about 50 words, likes Blues Clues...$2,000 OBO

Old 06-26-2010, 06:33 AM

616 posts, read 1,752,334 times
Default Stand Alone Bill

I read an article that says the House is considering a stand alone bill for unemployment benefits extension.

I know it sounds like Polly Anna but I do think it helps to fax and call every congress person and senator possible.

There has to be a way to galvanize them! If the Dems can pass the Wall Street reform without a single Republican vote, then they can freakin' well get on with the vote to help the "small people"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I don't even think there's a bill now...I dunno how it works. I think the Senate can modify the bill again and strip some more from it. The last I heard about this filibustered bill (which REALLY made me sick to my stomach) was that there was some $30B stuffed in it that was to go to some overseas entity or to "foreign workers" as it was put (and I heard that on the more lefty MSNBC). I never followed up on that because I would really lose my mind if I found out that were true...because, had that been removed from the bill in the first place, the bill would be paid for and would have the necessary support to get it passed.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to file this week, even though I think I reached the end of tier 2. But again, my account still says unknown and I never got the usual "less than two weeks remaining" warning. But I know this past week was the last, so looks like it's time to try and sell my son again. 3 year old, knows about 50 words, likes Blues Clues...$2,000 OBO

Old 06-26-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:

My sister was also telling me about a HUGE sum money going overseas and I think she was refering to exactly what you are
She's an MSNBC watcher and tries to keep me upset and updated on all of the nonsense everday.> GAG!
Well I like Blues Clues an dhave reaise 3 sons, however the best offer I can offer you for your 3 year old is $8.75.(lol)
I beleive that's what I have currently in my account
However since he's probably potty trained, I may be able to scrape up another $1.00 when I check all my old purses, bags and sofa cushions again this week
Goodluck when you file this week.
It seems like there would've/should've been a 2 weeks remaining notice when you last filed.
However I'm finding out I know next to nothing these days, so I suppose your chances are 50/50 and I hope it works out for you and and then we're all miraculously surprised that the senate DOES come up with a stand alone bill that will let extended unemployment benefits continue til Nov 30th, like the original plan..........
I'm not holding my breath though

Old 06-26-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
I read an article that says the House is considering a stand alone bill for unemployment benefits extension.

I know it sounds like Polly Anna but I do think it helps to fax and call every congress person and senator possible.

There has to be a way to galvanize them! If the Dems can pass the Wall Street reform without a single Republican vote, then they can freakin' well get on with the vote to help the "small people"!
I think we may have read the same article..?
However, NO I don't think it sounds Polly Anna at all.
I know many I've talked with on several other forums including this one ,write and call congressmen and women almost 3-4 times a week.
I've wrote twice, but I like your idea of faxing all of our bills and job applications with a nice indepth letter.
I'm not beyond doing that.
I'm 50 yrs old and have worked since age 15, this is the first time to ever be out of work for any period other than giving birth way back in the day. I feel my much looked forward to financially secure future is gone and now I'm going to struggle to survive without moving in with a grown child out of state.
I can find humor in it , or cry about it. I tend to do both alternately
I will write all of congress again this week and I WILL attach a copy of my job search and a list of my bills along with it..... won't hurt at this point and may make me feel like I've done something halfway worthwhile

Old 06-26-2010, 11:11 AM

43 posts, read 93,911 times
Thumbs up Unemployment Extended Benefits

Quote:
Hey...I did a search for an answer to this question, but I couldn't find anything. Especially since a topic like this one might get a different answer in different states and at different times.

This is my final week of the 26-week regular unemployment (boy that went quick)...and now I need to apply for extended benefits. I've been told that I just need to keep filing each week and that my expired status will trigger on the NCESC's end and they'll send me a determination letter to see if I qualify for extended benefits. I've seen a few answers to who gets the extension (based on your wages for the previous 5 quarters or something like that?), but is there anything else I'm missing? Has anyone (I'm sure there's a quite a few of you) shifted to extended benefits and is there any process for getting approval?

It just gets to be a stressful time when you got bills to pay and well...your unemployment just ran out and then you hear, "well...you may or may not qualify for an extension." Scary.
You're right, 26 weeks go by very quickly. When you spoke to unemployment you said that they told you that you "MAY" qualify for extended benefits?? If I recall when my 26 weeks expired, I kept filing as was recommended to you. The reason being that by filing before they continue your unemploment benefits, they need to verify that nothing has changed. What I mean by that is by answering all of the questions they asked of you during each of the 26 weeks you collect. I believe that on the third week, I received a retro active lump sum check, and then began receiving checks weekly. I just completed my 4th Tier of unemployment originally signing up for unemploment in June of 2008.
years goes by quickly and at this time, The GOP shot down the most current measure approved by the democrats and the president to add an additional 5th Tier of federally funded unemployment benefits and there re many of us out here as well. I hope that this all made sense, and best of luck to you.

fortunaj5q

Old 06-26-2010, 08:54 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
It currently has both a docket number, judicator, and a docket number for a decision. I don't know if the fact finding was faxed, but my former employer never responded. I found all of this out earlier today. Supposedly I could have an answer as early as Monday. Am I wrong to assume that, without a response from my former employer, my odds are pretty good for being approved?
If you have a docket number, then yes, the fact finding was faxed.

It can still go either way. The fact that an employer does not respond is not a guarantee of receiving benefits.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:51 PM

108 posts, read 160,678 times
OK, I have been on unemployment since 1/10/10 and am 2 or 3 weeks from my regular UI running out. The senate has not passed the unemployment extension bill. Does this mean that (if the bill does not pass between now and then) when my regular UI is up in 2 to 3 weeks I will not be receiving further unemployment benefits? And if that is the case I go from a possible 2 years of unemployment benefits to just 6 months just like that? Talk about getting the rug pulled out from under you. I now may only have 2 to 3 weeks to find a job. Can they really do that? Will they? Because that is just not right.

Please tell me it ain't so.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:11 AM

12 posts, read 41,226 times
Myh husband filed today and was told he has 2 weeks or less before his benefits are exhausted-this would put him at the end of Tier III. He has not gotten the 1 week of Tier II, or Tier IV. Just would like some clarification that until the senate passes the extension (if they pass it) he will not get either? The 14th week of Tier II included? I guess I am confused because I thought he would get that since he already finished Tier II...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina