Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 PM

177 posts, read 304,463 times

Advertisements

Hey guys just now catching up. I've been out of town. I got my last deposit of $45 today. Thankfully , in 2 weeks I have some contract work lined up that will get me through October. I feel so sorry for all of you who have been waiting to hear such disappointing news. I will still stop by from time to time hoping for good things for all of you! GOOD LUCK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 04:24 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDLJR
Question---- I just ran out of Tier 2 this week (GOT THE BENEFITS EXHAUSTED MESSAGE)

When the congress does finally pass something, what is the procedure???
since i cannot file, do i need to call the local office? Or Raleigh? the next day and have them manually fix me????

ALSO, i saw u said before to keep job search records during that time--- do they have to do a REVIEW Of those records BEFORE they can restart me when the senate passes something? or can they do it right then? thanks a million!
If another Bill makes its way through the House and Senate, then the President will have to sign the legislation, and then ESC will have to re-program the systems to adjust the phase out date to whatever the new date is. So it's not something that happens the next day after the Senate passes something. You'd need to probably allow a week or two for the legislation to be signed and word to filter from the Feds to the States, then the ESC to do programming. Not sure exactly what will happen then, whether Raleigh will run a program to re-open claims or whether reps will have to manually re-open claims.

Your local office MAY ask to see job search records to verify that you were still searching for work during the weeks you couldn't certify if they also have to manually re-open claims. We haven't been told what will happen yet.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:29 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanayamookie View Post
To KC~Carolina and others interested in eligibility review process,

KC~This is a follow-up to my e-mail to you about the Eligibility Review process. I just got home from my 4th one and it was much different.....I'm in Charlotte. I'm not trying to concern you, as I know your review is tomorrow, if I remember correctly. I just want you to have a heads-up. Apparently, there are new requirements for work search review documentation that went into effect June 7th. It was apparent that no one had been notified about this. This time, instead of being called back to a cubby, the lady asked those there for eligibility review to come back to a conference room. When there, we were each given a green sheet to complete regarding whether we have a job, receiving retirement, prospects of jobs (much like questions you answer each week). In addition, she informed us that there are new requirements and gave us a handout stating what they are. The lady went around and looked at our work search records and gave us feedback on what we need to add and change. If you apply online, it's important to indicate through what site(i.e. monster.com, careerbuilder.com etc). If you sent e-mails, they want to know what the e-mail address is etc. For a couple of mine, she said it wasn't sufficient to attempt to apply for jobs. In my case, I went online to school systems and there weren't any jobs posted in my category. She said I actually need to apply anyway or contact someone in a department. They also want you to use the official form from the website (NCUI 506E). So, we all sat there and tried to fill in more details on our forms. She then made a copy of it and collected the green sheet. Several people seemed upset that the rules had changed without notice. I think they are really focusing on this point forward. My suggestion is to include as much information on your form as you possibly can (company and position, stae and city), e-mail addresses or websites, fax number and company (if sent by fax). Don't fret about this. It's just that they want more details. As long as you have specific information for two per week on two different days and you actually applied for jobs, you are fine. From this point forward, they will want fax confirmation forms attached, exact web addresses, copy of ads for "blind ads/company confidential." For personal contacts, they want exact full address of company. Hope this helps.
GEESH!
wow, so glad yo gave me heads up on this
By the way are you on EB currently?
I've been on it now for almost 4 weeks.
Alot of my job address' are where I went in person then filed online per request of said company ect...
I also have hand written everything, so I hope it's not too messy for them to read(ugh)
I'll have to go back through tonite and make sure I have correct info. and try to squeeze it in.
I'm in Rowan county, but for some reson they have me reporting to the Mooresville location tomorrow morning which is actually Iredell county, I suppose it doesn't really make a difefrence ,hmm?
I'll be back on tomorrow after my afternoon class to let you know how I fared
thanks again Shanyamookie

Old 06-29-2010, 10:25 PM

616 posts, read 1,751,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Senator Byrd died on Monday.
Yes, I know, I amended a further comment I made later in the thread as the comment to which you referred wouldn't let me edit.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
If another Bill makes its way through the House and Senate, then the President will have to sign the legislation, and then ESC will have to re-program the systems to adjust the phase out date to whatever the new date is. So it's not something that happens the next day after the Senate passes something. You'd need to probably allow a week or two for the legislation to be signed and word to filter from the Feds to the States, then the ESC to do programming. Not sure exactly what will happen then, whether Raleigh will run a program to re-open claims or whether reps will have to manually re-open claims.

Your local office MAY ask to see job search records to verify that you were still searching for work during the weeks you couldn't certify if they also have to manually re-open claims. We haven't been told what will happen yet.
Hopefully they can get something done this week...I'm sure it's pretty much mayhem at some of these offices these past few weeks. And I've been one of the lucky ones (assuming something will pass soon)...I mean, my Tier 2 EUC just expired this week. I can't help but think of the people that expired in early June. Yikes.

And if and when an extension is passed, I'm sure it'll get even crazier with people scrambling to get approved for the next tier to get their money, and if they do all have to provide their job search results, I'm sure that will only tie you guys up even more.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanayamookie View Post
KC~Carolina, I want to make sure you saw my post earlier today regarding my eligibility review. It may be on the prior page.
thanks again for posting back
I just finished adding my web address's on my search records... ouch, took forever,it's almost 2 am!
Sorry my writing is horrid in my previous post., it wouldn't let me go back and edit, lol!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Hey guys just now catching up. I've been out of town. I got my last deposit of $45 today. Thankfully , in 2 weeks I have some contract work lined up that will get me through October. I feel so sorry for all of you who have been waiting to hear such disappointing news. I will still stop by from time to time hoping for good things for all of you! GOOD LUCK!!
Well congrats on your contract job!
I'll look forward to hearing back from you when you get time to pop in
I started my classes and so far so good..now to see what's going on with the "new" supposed bill the house is preparing

Goodluck and take care!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:59 AM

616 posts, read 1,751,262 times
Good luck, KC, on your visit to the ESC. Sorry you had to stay up so late to fill in all the info!

I've been working on mine too, might as well show up with as complete a record as possible.

What classes are you taking? I'm in HIT (Health Information Technology) at CPCC in Charlotte. Mostly online, excellent program. Got WIA funding and last year we were "poor" enough so I now qualify for a Pell Grant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Well congrats on your contract job!
I'll look forward to hearing back from you when you get time to pop in
I started my classes and so far so good..now to see what's going on with the "new" supposed bill the house is preparing

Goodluck and take care!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:38 PM

18 posts, read 33,796 times
Default monetarily eligible

What does this mean?
You are monetarily eligible for extended benefits (EB) as follows
Maximum benefit amount: 8,680.00

Old 06-30-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
What does this mean?
You are monetarily eligible for extended benefits (EB) as follows
Maximum benefit amount: 8,680.00
That's awesome news, that's what that means(ha)
That's state money (EB)that they will let you draw on until either extensions kick in if and when the senate votes the bill in, OR you can draw that amount at the weekly rate you've been recieving until that amount runs out.
So either way, you have weekly income now and I say CONGRATS to you!
Keep filing your weekly certifications and you should have money next week and possibly be retro'd for this week ifyou were without funds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina