Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 06:10 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Have the pull forwards started back yet or are we waiting on the Tier 4? Although the system allows me to file there still are no payments. I should have tier 3 pulled forward. On Friday I was told that we were waiting on the IT department. I just want to be sure that I haven't slipped through the cracks. Thanks!
It's my understanding that the pull forwards are supposed to run every Tuesday night. If yours hasn't pulled forward but you believe it should have, I'd contact your local office and have someone check into it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krill View Post
Update: I filed my weekly certification Sunday and received the money for it yesterday. I received a monetary determination letter for EB in the mail too. Also, the letter didn't say anything about in-person contacts, just you have to look for work on two different days and make two contacts. So, I'm a little confused about that because of what other people have said about it. I'm also not sure if I'll be able to collect all the money if necessary because my benefit year ends early in may and the EB would still have some weeks left.
Good, glad you got your EB going.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb1960 View Post
My situation has been touched on a bit in past pages, but I'm going to outline my specifics and am grateful for any advice.

1. My benefit year started in 1-09 and ended in 1-10.

2. I last received benefits in mid 10-09. After they were done it said "Benefits Exhausted" on my web profile and I figured that was that.

3. I received a letter, dated 12-30-2009, which basically said "you have exhausted Tier 2 UE Benefits and may be eligible for Tier 3". I didn't do anything with this because I had some savings and was pursuing work.

4. I received another later, mailed 2-18-2010 which said "You are monetarily eligible for Second Tier EUC benefits as follows: REVISION". It then lists a max amount, weekly amount, etc. This seems to be around 8.1 weeks. Of course I don't understand this because the previous letter said I exhausted these benefits.

5. When I log into my profile it now says the following instead of "Benefits Exhausted":

Claim Status: REGULAR ACTIVE CLAIM
Eligible for EB: Yes
Eligible for EUC: Yes

I know I have to refile the claim to see if I get anything, but is it worth it? Is this just erroneous? It asks me to choose my last employer and I'm afraid they're going to say, well, we paid this person enough and try to fight it. I'm really confused as to how this works and appreciate any advice.
The Tier 3 letter was correct, and the Tier 2 letter, although confusing to most, was also correct. The key word is REVISION. Simply, the Tier 2 letter is stating that your Tier 2 total benefit amount has been revised to include another (about) 4% of benefits. The letter is NOT saying that you have another whole pot of Tier 2 money. Back in November when the president signed the Tier 3 and 4 legislation, that same legislation also included one extra "week" of Tier 2 (called the "14th week"). But it's not actually a full week for some people. Anyway, when your Tier 2 benefits were exhausted, at that time that was all that was out there. In January the Tier 3 (EUC) programming was done, and this week supposedly the Tier 4 (EUC) programming is supposed to be done. Anyway, if you've already exhausted your Tier 2 back in Oct, you have a little dab more of that Tier available to you now, plus Tier 3 and Tier 4.

You can open a new benefit year and if you don't qualify for more regular UI, then they'll pull forward any unused EUC from your old benefit year into your new benefit year for you to draw. Is it worth it? Well, if you're unemployed and able/available/seeking work, that's what it's there for. I wouldn't worry about a former employer disputing it. It's benefits you're entitled to. You can open another benefit year online, via our initial claim line, or in person at a local office.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1234 View Post
Hello Jdljr. I heard that the ncesc website will be down tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. to get Tier 4 payments started on Thursday. Is there any truth to that?
I think I had an email that said something about our mainframe system being taken down at 5:30, but I read through it so fast I didn't see why they were taking it down. Sorry! That would make sense, though.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Hi, well let me give this a whirl. Jdljr will be around and he correct anything I may have wrong(ha!)

Sounds like you DID finish all of your tier 2 in your first benefit year and they didn't have tier 3 implemented yet.
When tier 3 started being paid out they sent you the December letter. Your benefit year was still not over, so therefore you recieved
"The tier 2 revision letter".
The tier 2 letter you recieved in February, is a letter in whech most all of us recieved.
It went out as soon as the extra week was added to the tier 2 extension. Alot of us were off tier 2 when we recieved that, but it was way to send it out quick and not take more extra time to decide who gets this letter. Yours like everyone else will say Revision in the upper right corner somewhere.
So you do have an extra week waiting you in your tier two, if and when you decide to reopen your claim for a 2nd benefit year., more than likely it won't be a full week of benefits. I forget the perctenage it will be, but it's still considered the "extra week"

Now.......
If your not employed and you wish to open a new benefit year. You'll have to probably do so by phone or in person, since your year was up in January.
If you haven't had any other employment, they'll base your new claim on your previous employer. If you have had work since you stopped recieving your previous payments, then you'll probably have to turn them in as your last employer and they'll send them a letter ect.....
This would be a whole new year, so it all starts just like when you first applied.
If your not eligible to start a new year, you still have to apply anyway.
If your not monetarily eligible with your old employer or perhaps a new employer then they'll pull forward your extra tier 2 week from the old year and at that rate of weekly pay and also tier three and now the tier 4 that's on the brink of starting up.
EB does not pull forward from a previous year.
I think they've let a pullforward of EB be established for those that are awaiting their tier 4, since it's taking so long.

Now ,if you do qualify to start a new benefit year, you'll have to have $4500.00 of income based in 2 qaurters from your previous claim year. The Quarters their using now is 4th quarter '08 and the first three quarters of '09. You can't have just one big quarter with earnings in it, it has to be spread within 2 of them.

IMO, if your still out of work, go for it!
You may get another benefit year starting with regular UI and a new set of tiers if your qualify for them again or you'd still get 1 week tier 2, UP to 13 weeks tier 3 and UP to 6 weeks tier 4 pulled forward.
sorta confusuing, but I hope this helps a bit
Goodluck!
Wow, I've got competition! Good answers.

I was a little later than usual getting on tonight because about 5 evenings a month I have to stay late at work ('til 7:00) to allow a particular group to meet at our office. Tonight it was an Unemployed Professionals Networking Group, they meet every other Tuesday. Thursday night of this week is something to do with Youth Employment. We also have a group which provides assistance with the local University Application process that meets there once or twice a month. Busy, busy!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Wow, I've got competition! Good answers.

I was a little later than usual getting on tonight because about 5 evenings a month I have to stay late at work ('til 7:00) to allow a particular group to meet at our office. Tonight it was an Unemployed Professionals Networking Group, they meet every other Tuesday. Thursday night of this week is something to do with Youth Employment. We also have a group which provides assistance with the local University Application process that meets there once or twice a month. Busy, busy!
lol,
I don't think you have any competition,
Just a few of us bumbling around "Trying"to answer some questions when your away . I count on you to make corrections for me, when I have it wrong
Your a busy, busy guy, whew!
Once again your appreciated up and beyond words.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:14 AM

4 posts, read 6,327 times
Quote:
The Tier 3 letter was correct, and the Tier 2 letter, although confusing to most, was also correct. The key word is REVISION. Simply, the Tier 2 letter is stating that your Tier 2 total benefit amount has been revised to include another (about) 4% of benefits. The letter is NOT saying that you have another whole pot of Tier 2 money. Back in November when the president signed the Tier 3 and 4 legislation, that same legislation also included one extra "week" of Tier 2 (called the "14th week"). But it's not actually a full week for some people. Anyway, when your Tier 2 benefits were exhausted, at that time that was all that was out there. In January the Tier 3 (EUC) programming was done, and this week supposedly the Tier 4 (EUC) programming is supposed to be done. Anyway, if you've already exhausted your Tier 2 back in Oct, you have a little dab more of that Tier available to you now, plus Tier 3 and Tier 4.

You can open a new benefit year and if you don't qualify for more regular UI, then they'll pull forward any unused EUC from your old benefit year into your new benefit year for you to draw. Is it worth it? Well, if you're unemployed and able/available/seeking work, that's what it's there for. I wouldn't worry about a former employer disputing it. It's benefits you're entitled to. You can open another benefit year online, via our initial claim line, or in person at a local office.
JDLJR,

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the answer and the time you take to respond to all that is asked here. Very kind of you.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:15 AM

4 posts, read 6,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
lol,
I don't think you have any competition,
Just a few of us bumbling around "Trying"to answer some questions when your away . I count on you to make corrections for me, when I have it wrong
Your a busy, busy guy, whew!
Once again your appreciated up and beyond words.
Appreciation goes out to you too, KC. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM

59 posts, read 169,752 times
Quote:
I think I had an email that said something about our mainframe system being taken down at 5:30, but I read through it so fast I didn't see why they were taking it down. Sorry! That would make sense, though.

Are you able to confirm as to whether or not it will generate payments for qualified claimants, when the intergration takes place this evening?

I last filed 2/13/10.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM

25 posts, read 55,194 times
Hello again Jdljr. I got more information from a NCESC rep. saying that they are mailing out letters today with instructions about how to begin receiving Tier 4. Are they serious? A lot of people, including myself have never received the "supposed" letter about Tier 3. I had to call the hotline number that I found on another forum to get my Tier 3 payments. Do you have any insight on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina