Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,443,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpoochie View Post
My claim changed from exhausted benefits to regular active claim and my profile now says that it has been 4 weeks since I last filed so I will have to reopen claim. When I tied to reopen claim on ESC website it says that my claim is on file and I cant update claim or make changes. Should I contact ESC or should I wait on letter that some people on this website said you had to have in order to file for Tier 4.
Call and ask them to reopen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 05:21 AM

18 posts, read 44,921 times
Checked my claim this morning, nothing new, nothing in benefit payment history, It let me file for 4 weeks yesterday. Are they putting a hold on the Tier 4 monies?

Old 03-19-2010, 05:31 AM

59 posts, read 169,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly1936 View Post
Checked my claim this morning, nothing new, nothing in benefit payment history, It let me file for 4 weeks yesterday. Are they putting a hold on the Tier 4 monies?

I experienced the same thing....

A few weeks ago I sent a email to EUC08 department and someone responded at 4pm yesterday...after I had gone in and filed my 4 weeks....with no problems.

They stated that funds have been added to my account...however do not do anything because adjustments are being made...do not file today, tommorrow, wait til Saturday and file back weeks,then on Sunday file new week.

I emailed someone else in regards to this message: they said..if you were able to certify with no problem...then everything should be fine...

evidently something is wrong...because I did not see any payments processed.

I emailed someone at NCESC-management ...now I am waiting for a response..

Old 03-19-2010, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Don't count on the money yet! I have been able to file the last two weeks.....no money yet though. My claim still says benefits exhausted as well.

Mines read Regular Active Claim and let me file 4 weeks, but no payments showed up this morning...what is going on

Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1234 View Post
I was able to file this morning for 4 weeks also. My status changed from benefits exhausted to regular active claim. I guess payments will be received tomorrow via my eppicard.

Same for me....but there were no payments showing in payment history window.....this morning...I hope it is just not viewable yet on the EPPICARD.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:24 AM

25 posts, read 55,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterri522 View Post
Same for me....but there were no payments showing in payment history window.....this morning...I hope it is just not viewable yet on the EPPICARD.

I called the benefit payment history hotline and it only tells me about my last deposit in February. Ah, man. I gotta feeling something is wrong!

Old 03-19-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1234 View Post
I called the benefit payment history hotline and it only tells me about my last deposit in February. Ah, man. I gotta feeling something is wrong!
I know what you mean

Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 AM

86 posts, read 174,546 times
no payments processed for me either. let me file yesterday but nothing was processed. this is horrible. please, post if you hear something related to the issue.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:16 AM

407 posts, read 662,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
No, those weeks of EB won't be deducted from your Tier 3. I believe you should receive your total max amount of Tier 3 when pulled forward into your new benefit year, then the extra week of Tier 2, then Tier 4.

JDLJR
im confused

you told me this but a few posts later you told me this???

Can u clarify?

thanks a million!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11
Yes I was under impression that if you Drew EB but then switched over to TIER 3--- that those EB weeks would count as Tier 3 and u would get those EB weeks back after Tier 3 and 4

BUTTTTTT since EB doesnt pull forward from an old year (if u DONT qualify for extension in the 2nd year, like me)
i would assume they dont do that?? because then u would lose tier 3 weeks and would NOT get them back after tier 3 and 4 because u dont qualify

i am really hoping that JDLJR can clarify for me too

I think i had 4 or 5 weeks of EB and im hoping that i dont lose 1/2 of my tier 3 right off the bat because of that

I believe how it's been set up is that if your benefit year is in effect and you were receiving EB waiting for Tier 3, then when the programming got done, the weeks of EB received was changed to EB, and then the dollar amount of your EB should go back up, reflecting that those weeks were counted and paid ultimately as Tier 3. I saw something similar on claims today, some weeks that I think had been paid as EB waiting for Tier 4 were switched to Tier 4. I can't confirm that that's the case on all claims, though.

I'll be honest, I didn't get into a lot of claims today, so I haven't gotten to "look around" much to see how some of the claims reacted to the programming that was run last night. I'm hoping in the coming days I'll see more and more claims back on the right track.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:19 AM

177 posts, read 305,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
no payments processed for me either. let me file yesterday but nothing was processed. this is horrible. please, post if you hear something related to the issue.
Yeah this is what I was talking about yesterday. The system has let me file the last two weeks but no payments. Phone calls have not helped. (See previous posts if you want more info.) I have just emailed....We will see if it works. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I hear something back. If anyone gets results....please post what you did so we can all do the same.
I read a few posts back about an email from esc that said file on Sunday. At this point, I am thinking that payments may be pending next weeks certifications. What would be nice is if ESC could actually put updated info. on their website. None of us want to wait at all BUT if I have to wait a week or a month -I'd at least like to know when the money is coming. I'd bet it would also alleviate 50% of the phone calls they are getting and the long lines in the offices. This in itself may speed up the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina