Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 04:42 PM

177 posts, read 304,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
good luck jskin
thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 07:12 PM

30 posts, read 49,883 times
Thanks to you all... just realizing I might even have a clue what abbreviations I'm using! EUC & EB?! Anyway, you have helped ease my mind some - so I will try not to worry about it. I know he didn't use anything beyond 26 weeks in the 1st benefit year and then they opened benefit year 2 and he is still in the 26 week period for it (I think it ends the last week of June).

It's frustrating to see him trying so hard to find something... unfortunately, he does have some limitations due to his heart so has to be careful with regard to heavy physical work. I don't think anyone understands the frustation until it "hits" your own family.

THANKS AGAIN for answering my silly questions... sadly, I'll probably repeat myself when panic sets in again! God bless you all!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
Thanks to you all... just realizing I might even have a clue what abbreviations I'm using! EUC & EB?! Anyway, you have helped ease my mind some - so I will try not to worry about it. I know he didn't use anything beyond 26 weeks in the 1st benefit year and then they opened benefit year 2 and he is still in the 26 week period for it (I think it ends the last week of June).

It's frustrating to see him trying so hard to find something... unfortunately, he does have some limitations due to his heart so has to be careful with regard to heavy physical work. I don't think anyone understands the frustation until it "hits" your own family.

THANKS AGAIN for answering my silly questions... sadly, I'll probably repeat myself when panic sets in again! God bless you all!
Goodluck!
Just remember we repeat alot around here, so feel free to join in with all of us, lol!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 PM

131 posts, read 232,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
There is a payment listed from last night. It is for the wrong amount. it looks like they have paid me again for the 14th week of Tier two. We will see. If this is the case, i'll end up with an overpayment which I will be prepared to pay back.

Sorry---I have to laugh only b/c you got week 14 twice, & I have exhausted all 4 tiers but NO week 14! The system did something really funky....when it tried to pay me for week 14, it disbursed the payment but then at the same time, it dipped into tier 14 just enough to pay me a regular weekly amt!!??!! So my last tier 4 pmt was short the same amount, and although there is the exact amt of my wk 14 remaining in my account, it won't let me certify, saying all benes are exhausted. It thinks it has already paid me the 14th week & so they are trying to figure out how to get it to release the pmt. There MUST be some kind of programming glitch which stems either from the first week of April, when the date was extended & they had to retro the pmts, OR, maybe it is from the original programming for the new tiers & wk 14 that took so long. Not sure, but I hope they figure it out soon.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Sorry---I have to laugh only b/c you got week 14 twice, & I have exhausted all 4 tiers but NO week 14! The system did something really funky....when it tried to pay me for week 14, it disbursed the payment but then at the same time, it dipped into tier 14 just enough to pay me a regular weekly amt!!??!! So my last tier 4 pmt was short the same amount, and although there is the exact amt of my wk 14 remaining in my account, it won't let me certify, saying all benes are exhausted. It thinks it has already paid me the 14th week & so they are trying to figure out how to get it to release the pmt. There MUST be some kind of programming glitch which stems either from the first week of April, when the date was extended & they had to retro the pmts, OR, maybe it is from the original programming for the new tiers & wk 14 that took so long. Not sure, but I hope they figure it out soon.
Now that's unique!
If they can figure out how to correct that problem and get your correct $$ released to you, than maybe there's hope in Raleigh yet, lol!
Have you heard anything on congress meeting yet?
I can't find a thing online or the news...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:46 AM

177 posts, read 304,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Now that's unique!
If they can figure out how to correct that problem and get your correct $$ released to you, than maybe there's hope in Raleigh yet, lol!
Have you heard anything on congress meeting yet?
I can't find a thing online or the news...
Unemployment Extension Bill Coming Today « The Washington Independent

Doesn't look good but it never does at this stage. With the jobless numbers making such a great increase this week, I think they will do something. At least they are finally talking about it.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Unemployment Extension Bill Coming Today « The Washington Independent

Doesn't look good but it never does at this stage. With the jobless numbers making such a great increase this week, I think they will do something. At least they are finally talking about it.

Yes, I read another article saying the bill was being introduced today. And of course, the political games will likely ensue. That's only half the issue though. The bill does NOTHING to add any additional tiers. Too many in DC are of the opinion that 99 weeks is enough, and that UE #s are going down. This whole picture is flawed in that (I THINK) the # of unemployed who were/are eligible for 99 weeks of benefits is only a small percentage of the total number getting UE benes. AND, the UE #s are likely going down b/c folks like me are simply exhausting their benefits and no longer eligible...WE HAVE NOT FOUND JOBS! And this colors what lawmakers and taxpayers alike, think. That 99 weeks is enough (assuming EVERYONE gets 99 weeks---geesh!), and that we are finding jobs just as our benefits run out, implying we didn't try to find work until we HAD to. This just turns my stomach! I realize there may be a few bums doing that, but I have all along, preferred work to UE, and have knocked myself out looking for work! And I KNOW I'm not alone. So, additionally, this makes Obama & everyone who supported the Jobs bill, look good...like the number of jobs created is succeeding. It's NOT. The reality of the smoke & mirrors is that as more people drop off of the UE roster faster than jobs are added, it creates the illusion that they have done something to fix the jobs market. This is what they spew to the media, and that is what permeates the minds of lawmakers who are now mistakenly of the opinion that the jobs market has turned the corner and that it is morally okay to cut off benefits. I certainly know the aid cannot go on forever. But the creation of jobs really is smoke and mirrors. We are sending aid to everyone coming & going...even helping Greece. It's a travesty that this country is so reluctant to help it's own until the jobs market REALLY does recover. And too many senators are demanding UE be funded. Any idea how much money is STILL in the stimulus pkg that was set aside to bail out the banks, the auto industry & Wall St.? It is substantial, to say the least. There is more than enough money there to fund additional tiers of UE for a long time to come without impacting the deficit any FURTHER! I am obviously mad as heck that our country's lawmakers have their priorities so twisted. I certainly will do everything I can to ensure Sen. Burr's defeat in Nov., & it started in the recent primary. A number of people I know who are registered GOPs, voted for Burr's opponent, and from what I read, the ranks of the unemployed are uniting in other states, too, to oust those elected officials who have turned their backs on one of the biggest economic crises in history. I'll shut up now...thanks for letting me vent!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:05 PM

572 posts, read 1,611,474 times
Quote:
Yes, I read another article saying the bill was being introduced today. And of course, the political games will likely ensue. That's only half the issue though. The bill does NOTHING to add any additional tiers. Too many in DC are of the opinion that 99 weeks is enough, and that UE #s are going down. This whole picture is flawed in that (I THINK) the # of unemployed who were/are eligible for 99 weeks of benefits is only a small percentage of the total number getting UE benes. AND, the UE #s are likely going down b/c folks like me are simply exhausting their benefits and no longer eligible...WE HAVE NOT FOUND JOBS! And this colors what lawmakers and taxpayers alike, think. That 99 weeks is enough (assuming EVERYONE gets 99 weeks---geesh!), and that we are finding jobs just as our benefits run out, implying we didn't try to find work until we HAD to. This just turns my stomach! I realize there may be a few bums doing that, but I have all along, preferred work to UE, and have knocked myself out looking for work! And I KNOW I'm not alone. So, additionally, this makes Obama & everyone who supported the Jobs bill, look good...like the number of jobs created is succeeding. It's NOT. The reality of the smoke & mirrors is that as more people drop off of the UE roster faster than jobs are added, it creates the illusion that they have done something to fix the jobs market. This is what they spew to the media, and that is what permeates the minds of lawmakers who are now mistakenly of the opinion that the jobs market has turned the corner and that it is morally okay to cut off benefits. I certainly know the aid cannot go on forever. But the creation of jobs really is smoke and mirrors. We are sending aid to everyone coming & going...even helping Greece. It's a travesty that this country is so reluctant to help it's own until the jobs market REALLY does recover. And too many senators are demanding UE be funded. Any idea how much money is STILL in the stimulus pkg that was set aside to bail out the banks, the auto industry & Wall St.? It is substantial, to say the least. There is more than enough money there to fund additional tiers of UE for a long time to come without impacting the deficit any FURTHER! I am obviously mad as heck that our country's lawmakers have their priorities so twisted. I certainly will do everything I can to ensure Sen. Burr's defeat in Nov., & it started in the recent primary. A number of people I know who are registered GOPs, voted for Burr's opponent, and from what I read, the ranks of the unemployed are uniting in other states, too, to oust those elected officials who have turned their backs on one of the biggest economic crises in history. I'll shut up now...thanks for letting me vent!

You guys crack me up. You had TWO YEARS to relocate, down size your lifestyle to conform with whatever employment you could find, go back to school, start a business, join the military, ect, ect. Quit whining and go find a job, any job. And if it doesn't pay all the bills then work two jobs. There is absolutely no excuse for not taking some kind of job in two years and don't even start with that "I cant find a good job" crap. After two years you lost that luxury.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
You guys crack me up. You had TWO YEARS to relocate, down size your lifestyle to conform with whatever employment you could find, go back to school, start a business, join the military, ect, ect. Quit whining and go find a job, any job. And if it doesn't pay all the bills then work two jobs. There is absolutely no excuse for not taking some kind of job in two years and don't even start with that "I cant find a good job" crap. After two years you lost that luxury.
What we have here folks is your typical, condescending, self absorbed, clueless moron who gets off surfing around & picking cyber fights. Spoken like someone with a nice cushy job and absolutely no clue what the real world is like. Makes you wonder why this type lurks around a thread dedicated to unemployment. I hope that my last benefit check came directly out of this dude's pocket! Yes, that thought is quite comforting! JERK.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:01 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Quote:
Sad thing is...the unemployment rate will likely stay above 9% for years. Current leadership, overwhelmingly blue at the moment, is not doing what it takes to stimulate job growth and are not making it easy on companies to be afforded the opportunity to start hiring. Meanwhile, the minority leadership, the republicans, are not willing to extend unemployment benefits unless we have the money to pay for it, and it doesn't sound like they're (and some D's) very keen on extending benefits passed 99 weeks.

Listen, it's tough on all of us. I'm trying to make plans and adjust my life for November, when I exhaust benefits, if I can't find work (and Time2Travel, I've applied to stockboy jobs and waiter jobs, and I'm either overqualified or stores will tend to hire the more able-bodied, younger kids that will work cheap...it's not as easy as just taking any job anywhere). Washington and Raleigh, as a whole, is not getting it done for us. Vote them out...great. But know who you're voting for instead. I don't trust Elaine Marshall at this point, any more than I do Burr. But that's only because she talks the talk, the way we were sold a line of B.S. in 2008. I don't trust any of them.

Hang in there though...I certainly want them to extend it, but use the unused stimulus money to do it....I would definitely support that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina