Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2010, 06:00 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
Can EB be pulled forward if you're collecting and your benefit year ends? (I obviously can't open a new claim because I haven't worked in two years!)
Depends. If you're currently collecting EB and your benefit year ends, then yes, I believe if you attempt a new benefit year and don't qualify for new, regular UI and all you have left in your previous benefit year is EB, they'll pull forward your EB.

Some people don't qualify to have their EB pulled forward, specifically those that have qualified for a 2nd benefit year and gotten a 2nd round of regular UI. EB cannot be pulled forward in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,682 times
I went online to file my weekly certifications and I got the message that my funds had been exhausted.The unemployment rate here in NC is 11.2% and constantly rising.Will I be eligeble to recieve money from any other resources.I recieved money from Tiers 1-4.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 AM

177 posts, read 304,478 times
Ok. I haven't checked in in a while and wanted to give you guys and update and get Jdljr's opinion on something. As you all know, I had trouble getting my benefits pulled forward. That finally happened a few weeks ago and now at week 8 of what should be 10.5 (My original claim was 21 weeks) I only got paid for 1/2 of a week and my file says benefits exhausted again. I have emailed. Any ideas??
On a positive note, do have a part time job and hope it will go full time the middle of July. It will be temporary through October but pays really well full time. I also have a lead on a possible full time position starting next April. I have been told the job is mine when the current person retires. Right now the timing on that is up in the air but should be in the next year. Of course I would still take a permanent full time position and continue to look. But, at least there is now hope.

Right now though I need the unemployment as I have budgeted for it to be there through June.
When I went back and looked. I think they have only paid tier 3 and 4 for the number of weeks it would have applied to my second benefit year even though the amount had gone back to the first years. Does that make any sense to anybody?

Last edited by jskin; 05-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: addl info

Old 05-10-2010, 12:06 PM

7 posts, read 13,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Depends. If you're currently collecting EB and your benefit year ends, then yes, I believe if you attempt a new benefit year and don't qualify for new, regular UI and all you have left in your previous benefit year is EB, they'll pull forward your EB.

Some people don't qualify to have their EB pulled forward, specifically those that have qualified for a 2nd benefit year and gotten a 2nd round of regular UI. EB cannot be pulled forward in this case.
What if you qualified for 2nd benefit year regular UI, a second round of EUC extensions and a 2nd round of EB. If you're in the middle of collecting EB when your 2nd benefit year ends does that pull forward?

TIA

Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
Ok. I haven't checked in in a while and wanted to give you guys and update and get Jdljr's opinion on something. As you all know, I had trouble getting my benefits pulled forward. That finally happened a few weeks ago and now at week 8 of what should be 10.5 (My original claim was 21 weeks) I only got paid for 1/2 of a week and my file says benefits exhausted again. I have emailed. Any ideas??
On a positive note, do have a part time job and hope it will go full time the middle of July. It will be temporary through October but pays really well full time. I also have a lead on a possible full time position starting next April. I have been told the job is mine when the current person retires. Right now the timing on that is up in the air but should be in the next year. Of course I would still take a permanent full time position and continue to look. But, at least there is now hope.

Right now though I need the unemployment as I have budgeted for it to be there through June.
When I went back and looked. I think they have only paid tier 3 and 4 for the number of weeks it would have applied to my second benefit year even though the amount had gone back to the first years. Does that make any sense to anybody?
WOW! How strange
I'm bafflled!
Did you have any overpayments they could've taken out therefore shortening the duration?
I'm guessingy ou would have known that by now, hmmm......?
I'll be interested to hear what Jdljr thinks about it, whew!

On another note.. CONGRATS on the PT job! Sounds promising
I know that your budgeted to recieve the rest of your unemployment,
I can totally relate to that, every $ is valuable when your making ends meet.
I hope this all works out in your favor!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post

I really can't say what's happening with your claim without looking at it. Could it be that you're off on your count? That weeks that you thought were the previous extension were actually the current extension? Getting paid a partial payment usually indicates either 1) part of it was used to satisfy an overpayment or, 2) that was the last part of that pot of money.

Really, it would behoove you and everyone else interested in seeing EXACTLY where they are on their claim to go into the office and have them print out a copy of your benefit payment history (07 screen). As you and most folks know, what you see online isn't always accurate and can't be depended upon to portray an accurate picture.

There is a glitch or two on some claims regarding payment amounts and such, payments for a subsequent tier reverting back to the current claim amount rather than continuing with the previous claim amount (on a pull forward). Not aware of any glitches regarding paying Tiers based on the current benefit year claim duration rather than the prior benefit year claim duration (on a pull forward). Hopefully there is an explanation if you feel you've not gotten what you should have.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocsmile View Post
What if you qualified for 2nd benefit year regular UI, a second round of EUC extensions and a 2nd round of EB. If you're in the middle of collecting EB when your 2nd benefit year ends does that pull forward?

TIA
Yes, it should, if otherwise eligible.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmere View Post
I went online to file my weekly certifications and I got the message that my funds had been exhausted.The unemployment rate here in NC is 11.2% and constantly rising.Will I be eligeble to recieve money from any other resources.I recieved money from Tiers 1-4.
When you exhaust your UI, that's all there is from UI. You may be eligible for EB (Extended Benefits), you'd need to have someone look at your claim and determine that.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I really can't say what's happening with your claim without looking at it. Could it be that you're off on your count? That weeks that you thought were the previous extension were actually the current extension? Getting paid a partial payment usually indicates either 1) part of it was used to satisfy an overpayment or, 2) that was the last part of that pot of money.

Really, it would behoove you and everyone else interested in seeing EXACTLY where they are on their claim to go into the office and have them print out a copy of your benefit payment history (07 screen). As you and most folks know, what you see online isn't always accurate and can't be depended upon to portray an accurate picture.

There is a glitch or two on some claims regarding payment amounts and such, payments for a subsequent tier reverting back to the current claim amount rather than continuing with the previous claim amount (on a pull forward). Not aware of any glitches regarding paying Tiers based on the current benefit year claim duration rather than the prior benefit year claim duration (on a pull forward). Hopefully there is an explanation if you feel you've not gotten what you should have.
Ok I got a response to the email that said:
"The week ending 5/8/10 was the last week of the 3rd tier of EUC. Because EUC benefits are a percentage of your regular UI benefits, the last week is always a partial week."

I sent this:
"So are my benefits exhausted or will I get tier4? If so for how many weeks? Just trying to plan."

They responded:
"You will just need to keep filing. If you are eligible, your claim will automatically transition to the next applicable extension"

But if my file says benefits exhausted, will the system allow me to file? It didn't before when there was a mistake made. What does she mean 'if you are eligible"? I thought if you qualified for tier 3 you also qualified for tier 4. Is that not the case?

Thanks again for all your help. My local office is not at all helpful. When I needed my EUC pulled forward they told me they didn't know anything about pull forwards and NEVER return my calls.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
WOW! How strange
I'm bafflled!
Did you have any overpayments they could've taken out therefore shortening the duration?
I'm guessingy ou would have known that by now, hmmm......?
I'll be interested to hear what Jdljr thinks about it, whew!

On another note.. CONGRATS on the PT job! Sounds promising
I know that your budgeted to recieve the rest of your unemployment,
I can totally relate to that, every $ is valuable when your making ends meet.
I hope this all works out in your favor!

Thanks!

Are you having any luck? I think you said you are in medical and wanted to transition to office work in the same field. Have you thought about filing claims at home? I keow a woman who did that and made GREAT money! She tried to convince me of that 10 years ago but at the time I just couldn't sit at a computer all day, I do not type very fast and do not know medical terminology. I should have went to nursing school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina