Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 11:34 AM

86 posts, read 174,300 times

Advertisements

Lynnte.

yes, i collected EB from July to Sept 2009 and they got exhausted. i could never imagine that if you exhausted your tier2 in previous benefit year, you wouldn't be eligible for this new extension. neither i can find it on any documents related to this extension. but that's what the representative tells me. i am so upset. some new year eve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 11:52 AM

64 posts, read 168,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
Lynnte.

yes, i collected EB from July to Sept 2009 and they got exhausted. i could never imagine that if you exhausted your tier2 in previous benefit year, you wouldn't be eligible for this new extension. neither i can find it on any documents related to this extension. but that's what the representative tells me. i am so upset. some new year eve.
This just doesnt sound right to me. You were elig for t2, transferred into eb and exhausted in sept. It's not so much that you didnt qualify for for t2 in your new year as that you used it up. Many of us used up our t2 before our new year began. I think you simply got erroneous information. Remember that many of the esc workers don't completely understand the tiers. I've gone thru alot of paperwork, the laws, dates etc and it simply doesnt make sense.

Btw we have similar ye dates.

Hopefully the system just hasnt updated you yet.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:00 PM

86 posts, read 174,300 times
Lynnte thanks for the update. i just hope you are right. The rep told me that i am showing all 0s for the wages eligible. She said i had to earn certain amount in base period which i did, but she is showing 0s. She said it's because my base period is not now from original claim but from 2009, because my new year benefit started in aug. 2009. that's why i am not eligible. i am just hoping the system didn't update the 0s as opposed to her being right.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:06 PM

64 posts, read 168,371 times
Quote:
Lynnte thanks for the update. i just hope you are right. The rep told me that i am showing all 0s for the wages eligible. She said i had to earn certain amount in base period which i did, but she is showing 0s. She said it's because my base period is not now from original claim but from 2009, because my new year benefit started in aug. 2009. that's why i am not eligible. i am just hoping the system didn't update the 0s as opposed to her being right.
I pray so and I'm sorry for your added stress. Hopefully another poster can assist when they get home tonight!

Old 12-31-2009, 03:46 PM

37 posts, read 97,444 times
Member2009. Given the wrong info from NCESC. After I read your post I realized I would be in the same position. Call the 866-795-8877 spoke with Stephanie. I was told that certain markers were NOT on my claim profile that would put me into eligibility. She had her supervisor check my claim and said I WAS eligible. She reopened my claim and submitted claims for 11-15-09 to 12-16-09. My total exhaustion date was March 7 2009. My new benefit year was 4-26-09. Call the above number and ask for STEPHANIE. She was excellent, explained everything to me in detail. Went way out of her way to help me. I was on the phone for about 45 mins. Very impressed with her.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:59 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,438,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psdrt185 View Post
Jdljr thanks for all your work and info that you have helped us with. Question..... Didn't all the states receive money from the stimulus package for updating the computer systems. I am almost sure I read several months ago that the update of esc computers was part of the package.
To be completely honest with you, I have no idea. I seem to VAGUELY remember something of the sort, now that you mention it, but I don't know what the terms of the money were, or how ESC was going to use it. I would venture to say, though, that whatever the money was that was received would be far less than what is needed to re-vamp the 40+ year old system.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpoochie View Post
jdljr - Thanks for all your help and knowledge. Are you an employee of the NC Employment Security Commission. You are so knowlegable.
Yes I am. You're welcome.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
jdljr - thanks for all the updates. you said something before about not filing online. am i better off waiting for the letter, than trying to file the weekly certification online. starting tomorrow if the system works properly, should i just wait for the letter? i don't want to miss the "back weeks".
thanks
You won't miss the back weeks if you wait. In fact, if you file online you MAY miss the back weeks. Apparently, the Tier 3 has been set up so that claimants have two choices to re-open their claims - call a toll free number that will be stated in the letter, or visit a local office. Local offices have been instructed to take the back weeks "on paper" and file them for the claimant after reopening the claim so that it makes it as quick and easy for the claimant as possible.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnte View Post
And people are hearing similar things when they call in, about not trying to apply online or via the phone but wait for your letters. Given the problems people have experienced in other states when trying to circumvent the system and not listen to what they've been instructed to do by ESC I would advise to just wait until the letter comes and follow the instructions.

Just my thoughts though.
...some very wise thoughts, indeed! It's no joke that if you don't either call the specified number (different from any other number usually called) or visit a local office, it may result in errors or delays.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konakai View Post
Lets all pray the upload works Last thing we need is more delays.
From what I saw today, the upload DID work - we got an email later today that said 12,000 weeks had been paid and more than $3,000,000 in Tier 3 funds had been paid out so far since last night...These were for claimants that are still receiving benefits but the system has reversed EB weeks and replaced them with Tier 3 weeks, until the Tier 3 is exhausted. Then the one week of Tier 2 will kick in, then the Tier 4...THEN the EB will start over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina