Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM

6 posts, read 14,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
No, just keep filing each week as you have been. If you're eligible for extensions (meet the monetary formula), they happen automatically.

Not sure what impact the Dec 31 deadline has on you. I know Congress is working on extending the date by 6 months.
Thanks so much - hope you have a great Christmas season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,354,943 times
Yes , they have extended them.
Visit www.ncesc.com for information.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:39 PM

23 posts, read 101,211 times
So Dec. 31st is now moot? Will I transition to tier3 and 4 when my tier 2 ends on Jan 19th? Or will I (hopefully) at least get EB for 10 weeks like I have been informed? Any advice is appreciated!

Old 12-19-2009, 10:31 AM

Default Dec 31 deadline extended

Congress tacked-on to the defense spending bill a 60-day extension of all the EUC programs. It passed the House on Wednesday and the Senate this morning. Guess no politician wanted to stop it by refusing to fund the military which is officially out of money. Everyone who is eligible for existing benefits or the newly passed benefits should continue to get them. Administrative issues within each state might delay them though - you should check.

The jobs bills in the House and Senate will be addressed during the 60 day extension and include the provisions to extend the programs further (HR 4183 and S 2831).

Old 12-19-2009, 11:00 AM

23 posts, read 101,211 times
Thanks ricardo!

Old 12-19-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo1949 View Post
Congress tacked-on to the defense spending bill a 60-day extension of all the EUC programs. It passed the House on Wednesday and the Senate this morning. Guess no politician wanted to stop it by refusing to fund the military which is officially out of money. Everyone who is eligible for existing benefits or the newly passed benefits should continue to get them. Administrative issues within each state might delay them though - you should check.

The jobs bills in the House and Senate will be addressed during the 60 day extension and include the provisions to extend the programs further (HR 4183 and S 2831).
BTW - the COBRA subsidy was also extended but for 6 months vs the 2 months for the EUC. My bet is that in 60 days we'll see an additional 4 month extension for EUC and that will give Congress a full 6 months to wrangle the jobs bills through with more comprehensive action depending on how the economy is improving - or not.

I have no idea what folks who lost their COBRA subsidy at the end of Nov need to do to reinstate. Any help there from anyone else?

Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 AM

7 posts, read 24,015 times
I am currently getting ready to end my Tier 2 next week and will only get about 2 weeks of EB before year end date is on January 9th. With this new extension they passed will my Tier 2 be extended or will I enter into a Tier 3.

If I am correct it seems like no matter what they pass I still have to reapply to see if I qualify for a new claim since year end date is coming up and if not will go back and draw what I have left in EB's.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 PM

Default ESC letter arrived today

Got a letter confirming eligibility for EUC tier-1 after exhausting my regular claim. The website even shows this on my claim profile now. This is my first week and I'll file this coming Sunday.

Are others getting letters as well - especially those for the extra weeks?

Old 12-22-2009, 05:21 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clog View Post
I am currently getting ready to end my Tier 2 next week and will only get about 2 weeks of EB before year end date is on January 9th. With this new extension they passed will my Tier 2 be extended or will I enter into a Tier 3.

If I am correct it seems like no matter what they pass I still have to reapply to see if I qualify for a new claim since year end date is coming up and if not will go back and draw what I have left in EB's.
Yes, you must attempt a new benefit year when yours is up. If you have enough wages in the base period, a new regular UI claim will be started and you'll begin with anywhere from 13-26 weeks of regular UI. If you don't have enough wages in the base period, you should still attempt a new benefit year anyway, and they'll go back and pull forward any unused extension money from your old benefit year.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:53 AM

59 posts, read 169,764 times
I am waiting for a tier III letter...has anyone received one of those from NCESC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina