Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 12:52 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,438,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvestal View Post
I wanted to add he exhausted UI, EUC and EB. Should he have started a new claim?
If he exhausted all UI, EUC and EB, then he would have needed to start a new benefit year only if he had enough wages in the base period to qualify for a new, regular UI claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 02:17 PM

28 posts, read 54,122 times
Can he start one now. He just wants to know if he qualifies for the new extension?

Old 01-02-2010, 02:18 PM

25 posts, read 55,224 times
Hi jdljr. I wanted to know how is it that some people were able to call the EB hotline early this morning with no letters and have their claims reopened to get the back pay and set up to be able to file the weekly certifications? People in my same situation that are suppose to wait for letters and their claims say benefits exhausted got thru. I tried to call myself to see if I could get thru and I got a message saying to call back monday thru friday during regular business hours. I received all of the tiers including EB. One lady even stated that the representative that she talked to said that the letter doesn't have a code on it or nothing. You just call and say that you got the letter and they process your claim. I'm just a bit upset because I really need this extension and it seems that it's never going to get here. Do you have any insight on this situation? Thank you for your time.

Last edited by penny1234; 01-02-2010 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-02-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvestal View Post
Can he start one now. He just wants to know if he qualifies for the new extension?
If he qualifies for a new, regular UI claim (in other words, he has enough wages in the base period), then he will start over with regular UI. He would want to start a new benefit year to get that rolling. How would he know if he's eligible? Call the ESC and ask what his wages are in the base period...the base period changes tomorrow. It will now be 4Q2008, 1Q2009, 2Q2009 and 3Q2009. If he has at least $4,550 spanning at least two quarters in the base period, he would be eligible for a new, regular UI claim.

If he doesn't qualify for a new, regular UI claim, then he should wait to see if he gets a letter later this upcoming week telling him whether he's eligible for the EUC Tier 3. If he is eligible, he'll want to call the designated number in the letter, or visit a local office to get a new benefit year reopened. Doing it any other way could cause delays or errors.

Last edited by jdljr; 01-02-2010 at 02:53 PM..

Old 01-02-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1234 View Post
Hi jdljr. I wanted to know how is it that some people were able to call the EB hotline early this morning with no letters and have their claims reopened to get the back pay and set up to be able to file the weekly certifications? People in my same situation that are suppose to wait for letters and their claims say benefits exhausted got thru. I tried to call myself to see if I could get thru and I got a message saying to call back monday thru friday during regular business hours. I received all of the tiers including EB. One lady even stated that the representative that she talked to said that the letter doesn't have a code on it or nothing. You just call and say that you got the letter and they process your claim. I'm just a bit upset because I really need this extension and it seems that it's never going to get here. Do you have any insight on this situation? Thank you for your time.
Honestly, I think some people got wind of the designated number and began calling the first day they could...which is fine, it's not REQUIRED that you wait for the letter. It's just that the letter had important information in it, like the correct number to call. Re-opening claims for Tier 3 EUC could take place as early as this past Thursday. Letters began being mailed Wednesday. I think I read that there were going to be a few people working this morning (or today) to help people who called that number. You may either have not been calling the right number, or you may have called after they already left.

We do expect this week to be extremely busy both on the phones and in the offices, but hopefully you won't have any problems trying to get through, or seen in the office.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:57 PM

170 posts, read 775,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1234 View Post
Its so funny that you said what you just said. I was thinking the same thing. How in the world were people able to get this AND no letters to date have been received by any of these people that they qualified.

Did people just jump the gun?
Did people lie and say they had the letter when they didnt?
Was there letter already in the mail and since it was already in the mail NC ESC just processed the claim even though they had yet to recv this letter?????

I'd like an answer from some of these people claiming that they got money already from the Tier 3 ENACTED ON NOVEMBER 6, 2009.

The website clearly says "ESC will mail notices, beginning on December 31, 2009, that include instructions for filing a tier 3 unemployment insurance claim to those individuals who are potentially eligible to receive benefits under this program. To ensure prompt and proper payment, please follow the instructions provided in the notice. A customer service representative will expedite your claim.

For the tier 3 extension program, filing online or by Interactive Voice Response will result in errors and/or delays."

Help some of us out who need to know what exactly you DID in order to get yours processed. I know I am eligible because I sent an email to ESC NC about a week ago and they told me after looking over their records that I would be eligible I just needed to wait for this letter.

Any answers concerning Tier 3 (ENACTED ON NOVEMBER 6, 2009) would be very helpful.

Thanks

P.S. I rejoice with those that I got their money, truly I do, I just want to know WHAT in the world you did to get it PRIOR to receiving this letter.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
You may either have not been calling the right number, or you may have called after they already left.
What is the correct number please? Thanks.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicFlightAttendant View Post
What is the correct number please? Thanks.
I don't have it on me. It's at my office. But it's not the regular Remote Service Center number.

Again, I think ESC primarily wanted people to wait to receive the letter so that they were aware of the special filing instructions. There is no secret or special code in the letter that you'll have to give the representative to prove you're eligible. Also, I believe that they wanted people to wait to receive the letter in order to prevent people who are not eligible from calling that number "just to see" and clogging up that phone line.

People could start filing as early as Dec 31, and those that did had not yet received their letters. Of the number that did call the number on Dec 31, I don't know how many were eligible and how many were ineligible.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:17 PM

Question to the board:
Can anyone who has IS eligible and who DID file their Tier 3 claim (and who DID miraculously get a direct deposit as a result of calling this number) post the correct number please. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:48 PM

37 posts, read 97,454 times
I did call the Extended Benefits Number 866-795-8877. Have not received a letter, just saw that number in the extended benefits site on NCESC. They did REOPEN my claim that was showing monetarily ineligible. The rep told me not to certify until Wednesday. My account in the Benefits payment History site DOES show weekly allotted amount. When I called that number just asked the rep "What is going on, if eligible, please reopen my claim." She checked and said I was and Reopen my claim. I called 12-31-09. They were knowledgeable and ready to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina