Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 11:22 AM

407 posts, read 660,927 times

Advertisements

Got letter from ESC today saying i was NOT monetarilly eligible for extensions... Since im on my second year, i ASSUME this ONLY relates to year 2 (that i just exhausted) and does NOT affect my PULL FWD of unused Tier 3 and Tier 4?? anyone else been in year 2 and got the NOT ELIGIBLE Letter??? a bit worrisome still...... Hope this doesnt affect or relate to my PULL FWD....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 12:23 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
Got letter from ESC today saying i was NOT monetarilly eligible for extensions... Since im on my second year, i ASSUME this ONLY relates to year 2 (that i just exhausted) and does NOT affect my PULL FWD of unused Tier 3 and Tier 4?? anyone else been in year 2 and got the NOT ELIGIBLE Letter??? a bit worrisome still...... Hope this doesnt affect or relate to my PULL FWD....
Yep, I got it too last week. And it made me really nervous because it leaves you wondering..."Wait they just sent me a letter saying that's all I'm getting...uh-oh". It just means that they ran the eligibility on extensions, and you didn't qualify in your second year. It'd be nice if they included a little note at the bottom saying..."You may qualify to draw from your first year EUC".

Once the pull forward is initiated...you're online account should be switched from Benefits Exhausted to Unknown. You will also be receiving a revised monetary determination letter for Tier 3 or wherever you're at.

You should be fine.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:00 PM

18 posts, read 35,438 times
Update like others mentioned and thought it would help ease some doubt. My regular 2nd year ran out on April 19th and I called that day and again the next to make sure pull forward was issued.

Received deposit this Monday with no delay. Hope this gives hope for anyone on 2nd year.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
Quick question- I am on my second benefit year that ends 6/12/10. I just received my first EB payment and the monetary determination works out to 10 1/2 weeks. If I am still unemployed when my benefit year ends and can't open a new (3rd) BY because I haven't worked, will I be able to collect the whole EB weeks... or does that money disappear after june 12? The 10 1/2 weeks will expire on June26th. This is my first time on EB. Any information is appreciated! Thanks.
My guess is that if you attempt a new benefit year, they'd bring forward the remaining EB into your new benefit year for you to draw.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 AM

8 posts, read 23,745 times
I was finally able to get through on Monday to finish up giving ESC my information, and was told on the phone to call back in 24 hours to find out if my claim was going to be approved (since I was fired). I was unable to get through yesterday due to the phone lines apparently being jammed, but I finally managed to get through this morning, only to be told it would be 2 to 10 WEEKS before I would know anything. My savings will be depleted LONG before 10 weeks is up.
Any of you experts have any ideas why I would have been told 24 hours, or how I might be able to speed this process up? My stress levels are steadily climbing, and I am running out of options.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:58 AM

407 posts, read 660,927 times
When i first filed, i know the process took about 3-4 weeks to hear back.... i gave them my info, THEN they contacted my former employer to ask them to respond.... then I got a letter back a few weeks later that i was DENIED because they sided with my former boss----

THEN I had to appeal (which I won)
I dont think itd take 10 weeks... UNLESS your last employer purposely waits til the dealine to reply, but i dont know....

Old 04-28-2010, 11:17 AM

8 posts, read 23,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
When i first filed, i know the process took about 3-4 weeks to hear back.... i gave them my info, THEN they contacted my former employer to ask them to respond.... then I got a letter back a few weeks later that i was DENIED because they sided with my former boss----

THEN I had to appeal (which I won)
I dont think itd take 10 weeks... UNLESS your last employer purposely waits til the dealine to reply, but i dont know....

Well, I am an out of state case, and I am hoping that my old employer just says "screw it" and doesnt argue it. I guess it will really depend on who they talk to there - the site manager or the HR rep. I hope neither one of them would try to hose me, though.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,518 times
Just a quick question, I finished up my UI on 4/3.. I have received a letter stating that I am monetarily eligible for EUC as of 4/18. Letter mailed out on 4/22. This is my 2nd year which ends in December of this year. I filed my weekly certification and it said the payment was being processed but I have yet to receive any payment. Is this due to the system updating or is there possibly a problem that I need to call the office? I was also curious about the lag from ending UI on4/3 to eligibility of EUC 4/18, it was two weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would rather not have to call and get a run around when I could be spending that time out continuing my job search. I am grateful for the benefits, but like I'm sure all feels a job would be so much better.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
I was finally able to get through on Monday to finish up giving ESC my information, and was told on the phone to call back in 24 hours to find out if my claim was going to be approved (since I was fired). I was unable to get through yesterday due to the phone lines apparently being jammed, but I finally managed to get through this morning, only to be told it would be 2 to 10 WEEKS before I would know anything. My savings will be depleted LONG before 10 weeks is up.
Any of you experts have any ideas why I would have been told 24 hours, or how I might be able to speed this process up? My stress levels are steadily climbing, and I am running out of options.
Keep in mind that anything other than a "lack of work" or "inability to perform the job" has to be adjudicated, so under no circumstances would it only be 24 hours in such a situation. They may have told you to call back in 24 hours so that they could confirm with you that the claim went through in the system - was established, or set up, so to speak. But yes, I would allow 6 or so weeks for your claim to get through adjudication. Adjudication is working overtime and Saturdays to get claims caught up. The last I heard, they had more than 13,800 to adjudicate.

Expedites are extremely RARE, unfortunately there are many folks ahead of you that have been waiting 2, 3, 6 weeks, etc. If they rule against you, you can appeal but after you appeal you'll need to allow another 4-6 weeks for a phone hearing.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildguitarman View Post
Just a quick question, I finished up my UI on 4/3.. I have received a letter stating that I am monetarily eligible for EUC as of 4/18. Letter mailed out on 4/22. This is my 2nd year which ends in December of this year. I filed my weekly certification and it said the payment was being processed but I have yet to receive any payment. Is this due to the system updating or is there possibly a problem that I need to call the office? I was also curious about the lag from ending UI on4/3 to eligibility of EUC 4/18, it was two weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would rather not have to call and get a run around when I could be spending that time out continuing my job search. I am grateful for the benefits, but like I'm sure all feels a job would be so much better.
You need to call. There were a lot of claims that got hung up, or stuck, at weeks ending 3/27 and 4/3 because of the previous phase out dates. After Congress extended the phase out date to June, then ESC was able to update the programming in the system to reflect those new dates and get claims back into pay status. Yours may still be stuck, though. Someone may need to do an A1 transaction to free it up. Hopefully whoever you speak with will be able to immediately know what needs to be done and do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina