Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 04:32 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,443,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Sams View Post
This thread has been a huge help to me over the past few days...all of you have been fantastic, especially dljr...special thanks to you for your info, time and patience.

I have a quick question.

I was able to get through to a rep via email, and a rep by phone on Monday. I was informed by both people that my account is now ready for me to file the past 4 weeks for payment.

Yesterday I filed for the past 4 weeks with no problem, It said my claim was received and will be processed for payment.

I received no payment yet as of today, and when I check my payment history on web site, it's not showing any of my claims as being received or processed.

I tried to file again, just to be sure, and it said that my records are up to date.

I know that most of the time payment doesn't show up on my card until after 2pm, but what's concerning me is that nothing is showing up on my payment history.

When can I expect payment?
I would wait until after 2pm Thursday and if you still haven't received payment, I'd have someone check into it. While many payments do get processed by the next afternoon, it's not guaranteed. We always tell folks 24-48 hours for payments to show up. Also, if you did those weeks after 7 or 8pm last night, they wouldn't have made it in last night's processing and would be processed tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 04:59 PM

776 posts, read 1,687,828 times
Hey jdljr...you kinda touched on it in the last post...but if I raise heck tomorrow and I'm finally able to get my manual certifications thru...would there be any way to get the funds direct deposited by Friday (the next day)? I know it usually it takes two days...but I didn't know if I could at least suggest to the rep to try and get this processed as fast as possible.

And if not by the next day...would I be able to get the funds on a Saturday...or would I have to wait til Monday? I don't think I've ever certified this late in the week before...so I'm not sure.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,443,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Hey jdljr...you kinda touched on it in the last post...but if I raise heck tomorrow and I'm finally able to get my manual certifications thru...would there be any way to get the funds direct deposited by Friday (the next day)? I know it usually it takes two days...but I didn't know if I could at least suggest to the rep to try and get this processed as fast as possible.

And if not by the next day...would I be able to get the funds on a Saturday...or would I have to wait til Monday? I don't think I've ever certified this late in the week before...so I'm not sure.
To be frank, I'm not sure if funds are deposited over the weekend either. Normally (depending on one's bank) funds are deposited the next afternoon after certifying. So hopefully if they can get it keyed tomorrow, it will release payment tomorrow night and go into your account Friday afternoon.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
To be frank, I'm not sure if funds are deposited over the weekend either. Normally (depending on one's bank) funds are deposited the next afternoon after certifying. So hopefully if they can get it keyed tomorrow, it will release payment tomorrow night and go into your account Friday afternoon.
That'd certainly be nice. Thanks as always.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:10 PM

616 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Default 3rd year of benefits

I really hate to ask this question ... but ... I am still applying for jobs and not getting anywhere and will be at the end of my year 2 on 11/20/10. So I am worried and trying to figure out what the worst case might be at that point.

Is there a 3rd year? I earned, in W-2 wages, more than $4557 from end of Nov 2009 through mid-Feb 2010, from a temp job. I filed and reported my income every week of that period. It was a job where one week I'd work 10 hours and another week all hell would break loose and I'd work 60. Very irregular. And my manager knew I was looking for a full-time permanent job and if I found one would give notice. So I'm just wondering ...

Thanks!!

Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 AM

81 posts, read 174,671 times
Well my ESC account still isn't showing any payments as being made. Nor has any funds went to my bank account. I will call today to see if I can find out what is going on.
My status is unchanged, still shows regular active and no issues. So that is fine, but for some reason I haven't been paid.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:51 AM

81 posts, read 174,671 times
UPDATE

I just got off the phone and my problem should now be settled.
The system had attempted to pay me from Tier 2, of which was exhausted on June 26. So it (the system) saw no money in my account in which to draw from. The nice lady I spoke with today said she would have an administrator move me into Tier 3. She said this should work tonight and payment would be made then. However, she said it may not work and would have to go to "step 2" on Monday. She informed me the worst case scenario would be that I would not receive payment until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. She also said I may not be able to file Sunday (for this week) but not to worry about it. Once I do receive my payment for these back weeks, I will be able to file again. I told her that was fine and that I would just wait until I do see the funds have moved before I file for this week. She said that may be the best thing to do.

I suppose they will catch anyone that is in the same situation and correct it, but it may take longer. So I would suggest that you call if you have filed and have yet to see any movement in your account.

Thank you jdljr for instructing that I call if I didn't see a payment by today. Had it not of been for your advice, I likely would have simply waited. This undoubtedly would have caused a greater delay in my payment being processed.

Good luck to anyone calling.

EDIT:
BTW everyone, throw a rep point to jdljr.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:04 AM

I'm happy to say my two manual certifications finally went through automatically this morning. With any luck, that'll post tomorrow.

Now the problem is, I'm getting a "You have less than two weeks left of benefits left" message and can't certify all of the remaining weeks to catch up. In fact, I'm hesitant to certify one week myself just in case something is screwed up.

Back to the phones! (Though I remember reading that someone had a similar issue a few pages back..I'll check)

EDIT: I just decided to start certifying online even with the "less than two weeks" message. I was able to certify all four weeks (with no benefits exhausted message and just the normal "your payment is being processed" message)...so I'm caught up with my certifications, but am still getting the "less than two weeks" message.

Last edited by OpAck; 08-05-2010 at 07:31 AM..

Old 08-05-2010, 07:55 AM

16 posts, read 28,722 times
Default Change Online now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
They may not send you a new letter, but now that you're in the know that you may qualify for a pull-forward, I would keep on them to get it in place.

As far as appealing not being eligible for NEW extensions in your new benefit year. If you feel that you DO meet the monetary qualifications for new extensions in your current benefit year (total base period wages equal to or greater than 1.5x the high quarter in the base period, OR, base period wages equal to or greater than 40x the weekly benefit amount) then yes, you could appeal. But if you don't meet those minimums, you CAN appeal (we can't tell you that you CAN'T), but it would be wasting your and ESCs time, as those minimum qualifications for extensions are set in stone. You'd then get a written disqualification, instead of taking someone's word for it verbally.
This morning I checked online and it says : Status- Unknown, No active issues. Then I checked under pay history and it shows $494.00 ( It was
$505.00), but still shows last paid date as 7/31.

I think this is headed in the right direction, but can you confirm what is taking place ?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdad1 View Post
This morning I checked online and it says : Status- Unknown, No active issues. Then I checked under pay history and it shows $494.00 ( It was
$505.00), but still shows last paid date as 7/31.

I think this is headed in the right direction, but can you confirm what is taking place ?

jdljr can hopefully provide further info for you.

But as for the UNKNOWN part, my status switched from Regular Active Claim to UNKNOWN when my claim was officially pulled forward (and I know reading from others...the same thing happened to them). Definitely a good sign that it happened. The UNKNOWN status remained on my account until, well, two days ago, when they moved me to Tier 3.

I can also say that whatever amount you got during your first benefit year of EUC...is what you should be getting once the pull forward happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina