Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 09:58 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,357 times

Advertisements

[quote=Frrrunkis!;15299077]Ugh! I told my wife late last night..."Ya know, I think alot of extension expired people had their claims resolved last week...so I don't think calling is going to be a problem today, so you take the car to work."

Fast forward about 10 hours later...

"<dun dun duh DUNT!> Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

"<dun dun duh DUNT!> Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

I guess I should have realized that alot of people got that letter on Saturday.

Could you email again?
Maybe they'll call you back today, I received a call back the same day (shock) as my last email..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:10 AM

616 posts, read 1,752,698 times
Good explanation, KC, but oh crap! See what I've indicated in red below in your comments.

My 2nd year will expire 11/20/10 ... and I project my Tier 4 to end around 12/5/10.

So now I'm worried ... will I be eligible for EB after Tier 4? Will I even get Tier 4 since my 2nd year ends 11/20/10?

I try to project worst case scenario - keep a spreadsheet in Excel - just because the uncertainty of all of this drives me crazy. Maybe jdljr will shed some light on what happens when your benefit year ends before you get EB.

Argh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Then from what I just found out yesterday, is that IF the EB state money is still enforce in our state we can collect state EB also once again the full amt. at 80% of your original UI, that's if it's still around and IF your 2nd benefit year hasn't expired as mine probably will be by then.

Confusing, but I think you'll be collecting your amt. of $99.00 weekly for the rest of your tier 3 then 4 then all of your EB

Old 08-02-2010, 10:21 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,178 times
Quote:
Could you email again?
Maybe they'll call you back today, I received a call back the same day (shock) as my last email..?
Well, I tried the e-mail route last week, and they told me to wait for the letter.

Then I spoke to two people at my local office last week, and they told me to wait for the letter or call the benefits extension hotline.

I then called my local office again a little while ago, and they told me again, that they can't do anything since I'm over 4 weeks since my last certification and that a representative at the benefits extension hotline will be able to assist me. I told the lady, "Listen, I don't care if I have to just start right from Week 1 and not get back weeks...I just need to start filing again." But she still said she couldn't do anything for me.

So I've been redialing the extension hotline number, and it's just no use. I've easily dialed it 200 times this morning and I get the same message over and over. I don't want to send another e-mail explaining my situation...only to have them receive and answer it on Wednesday telling me, "Sorry, please call the extension hotline." It sounds like everybody except for the reps manning the hotline cannot help me.

Craziness I tell ya.

UPDATE: I'M ON HOLD! I'M ON HOLD! I'M ON HOLD! I've probably got a nice 30 min wait. I sure hope my phone doesn't die...that would absolutely stink.

Last edited by OpAck; 08-02-2010 at 11:23 AM..

Old 08-02-2010, 11:40 AM

21 posts, read 36,704 times
makes sense, wish me luck, your very helpful and calming too

Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Good explanation, KC, but oh crap! See what I've indicated in red below in your comments.

My 2nd year will expire 11/20/10 ... and I project my Tier 4 to end around 12/5/10.

So now I'm worried ... will I be eligible for EB after Tier 4? Will I even get Tier 4 since my 2nd year ends 11/20/10?

I try to project worst case scenario - keep a spreadsheet in Excel - just because the uncertainty of all of this drives me crazy. Maybe jdljr will shed some light on what happens when your benefit year ends before you get EB.

Argh.
hmmmm.....
Let's let him comment, because I'm thinking after the end of the 2nd benefit year, you can't draw your EB..... Don't add that to the excel sheet just yet though
I'm wrong alot
I agree about the uncertainty, I go crazy thinking about what's ahead and it makes the time seem to pass TOO quickly., but that's simply my personality flaw, I've always been this way

Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Stormy,
Jdljr can answer this, but as far as the amount of weeks, mine went like this and it's simular to how your benefits were paid to you.:
I recieved the full amt my 1st year 26 weeks UI then 20 weeks tier one and then 13 weeks plus the one extra the gov. gave us at 14 weeks, but my year ended and I only collected 6 weeks of tier 2, in my first year. OK my 2nd year rolls around, I re-apply, was given 14 weeks UI at $75.00 less a week for 11 weeks, then that ended May 29th, the senate is out, I was granted the EB money to fill in instead of tier one, so I was given 11 weeks of that, collected only 8 weeks , it's 80% of your UI, then as soon as the bill passed, they switched it to the euco8 tier where I reverted back to tier one, with 3 weeks, left...
Now then I'll go into tier two at 50% which will be just 7 weeks plus an extra week given to us at a lower amt., tier 3 is also 7 weeks at 50% then theres a big drop for tier 4, it will be only 2-3 weeks, I think 3 weeks may be the lowest amt. of weeks it pays, not for sure though.

Then from what I just found out yesterday, is that IF the EB state money is still enforce in our state we can collect state EB also once again the full amt. at 80% of your original UI, that's if it's still around and IF your 2nd benefit year hasn't expired as mine probably will be by then.

Confusing, but I think you'll be collecting your amt. of $99.00 weekly for the rest of your tier 3 then 4 then all of your EB

UPDATE: I finally got someone in Raliegh, they said my claim is just fine, I still have 1 week of tier 2, they have paid me tier 3 first, but I still have 7 left there, all of 4 and all of EB , so I'm ok for now, thanks for all your help and support, I've been following this for months and everyone is just so wonderful on here, and calming for all of us who are turning into nervous wrecks

Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
UPDATE: I finally got someone in Raliegh, they said my claim is just fine, I still have 1 week of tier 2, they have paid me tier 3 first, but I still have 7 left there, all of 4 and all of EB , so I'm ok for now, thanks for all your help and support, I've been following this for months and everyone is just so wonderful on here, and calming for all of us who are turning into nervous wrecks

Oh and the gentleman I talked to on the phone was so very nice, and helpful as well. Really nice person to speak to

Old 08-02-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well, I tried the e-mail route last week, and they told me to wait for the letter.

Then I spoke to two people at my local office last week, and they told me to wait for the letter or call the benefits extension hotline.

I then called my local office again a little while ago, and they told me again, that they can't do anything since I'm over 4 weeks since my last certification and that a representative at the benefits extension hotline will be able to assist me. I told the lady, "Listen, I don't care if I have to just start right from Week 1 and not get back weeks...I just need to start filing again." But she still said she couldn't do anything for me.

So I've been redialing the extension hotline number, and it's just no use. I've easily dialed it 200 times this morning and I get the same message over and over. I don't want to send another e-mail explaining my situation...only to have them receive and answer it on Wednesday telling me, "Sorry, please call the extension hotline." It sounds like everybody except for the reps manning the hotline cannot help me.

Craziness I tell ya.

UPDATE: I'M ON HOLD! I'M ON HOLD! I'M ON HOLD! I've probably got a nice 30 min wait. I sure hope my phone doesn't die...that would absolutely stink.
ewwww, ugh
Can't stand to be on hold, wish I could call for you and help you out with the both of us while you wait and keep on holding on , maybe the others waiting will give up before you do?!..
Keep that phone charging while you wait and KEEP the car tomorrow!
I know yo have to talk with them., I've been following your posts.

By suggesting the email, I thought you could possibly mail them and tell them, listen I've been calling and on hold ALL day, my phone keeps losing it's charge as I wait for hrs......
Is there any better way to handle this or can YOU possibly call me?

Worse case scenario they won't call, and best case scenario ,like what happened when I told them that via email,they called me within 2 hrs .

Of course that was before the senate mayhem!
Anyway, it may be worth a try ???
Remain on hold while you do it...

Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
Oh and the gentleman I talked to on the phone was so very nice, and helpful as well. Really nice person to speak to
That's always a good thing when you get a pleasant, knowledgable person to speak with.

From my experience with Raleigh it's been about a 50/50

Old 08-02-2010, 12:10 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,178 times
Well...after about 1 and a half months of extra high anxiety and stress...my claim was all fixed within 90 seconds.

It took about 30 mins on hold, and I explained to the guy that my Tier 2 benefits had expired. I gave him my social security number...and he immediately certified me for the first two weeks that I couldn't certify. Of course, when he asked me the first eligibility question "Did you do any work during these two weeks?"...I became Eddie Eager and blurted out 'yes'. He's like, "oh....You did?". And I was like, "wait, wait, wait, no!". I thought he was asking me had I been looking for work. I'm a dummy.

He then told me to go online tomorrow and certify the remaining 4 weeks. And that was the extent of our conversation. Amazingly easy.

He was confusing me though when he said I was eligible for Tier 3, which is 20 weeks. I thought it was only a max of 13 weeks? I had to ask him again to make sure and sure enough he said, "nope, it's 20 weeks, but Tier 4 doesn't pay out much, it'll only be like 6 weeks". I'm still thinking he's confused and was combing Tier 3 and 4, unless you do actually get a max of 20 weeks from Tier 3? I surely didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina