Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2010, 04:53 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,437,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Hi again everyone.

Glad to hear some of you are back on track now.
I too got my letter yesterday and my claim was reopened. This morning I filed for 4 weeks, beginning with week ending July 10. My last week of filing prior to the cut off was June 26 (filed on Sunday June 27). So today when I filed, I skipped the week ending July 3? Like if it is a waiting week. However, I know I am not starting a new benefit year, or anything like that that would require a waiting week. I should be moving into Tier 3 with the filing I did today.

Also, there was no message about my claim being processed for payment? All 4 weeks were accepted, but that is all it said.
Claim Status: Regular Active-Claim (this had been Unknown before I got the letter and called yesterday).
Active Issues: No

Would there be any reason why I didn't get the message about being processed for payment?
Is there a delay before we will actually begin to get benefits started again?
Thanks for any information.
Hopefully even though you didn't get the message that they were accepted, your payments will come through. The system sometimes does strange things. If by Thursday you haven't received a payment, I guess I'd call and make sure they went through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn2127 View Post
HI
JDLR if you could help me out as Ive been trying to call Raleigh for the past 3 days and just get a busy message. I received my letter in the mail yesterday that I am eligible for tier 2. However, in my profile its shows my benefit year ending on 7/31/2010 which would have been Saturday. My question to you and anyone else that may know the answer, do I have to go back in and open a new claim? Or, does everything just roll over? thanks in advance for your help!!
You will have to open a new claim (new benefit year).

Old 08-03-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Oh for crying out loud...my claim is still a mess. My status is now "Regular Active Claim"...but I get a "You cannot certify because it's been over 4 weeks since your last certification." And when I look at my benefit payment history, my last certification is still listed as 6/20. Which leads me to believe the manual certification the guy did for two weeks never went through. So, now I'm back on the phone...redial, redial, redial. I need a drink.
Well, depending on what he did...if he did an A1, it probably built your next tier and opened a payorder for the week following the last week you certified. He might need to do a B1 NIE to reopen the claim for YOU to do your certifications beginning with the current week, and then someone else could do certifications for all the back weeks.

Or, they could do the certifications up to the point that YOU could do your own for the past several weeks. But not sure what they did on the claim. Hopefully they made a note to look at it today to check the status (I do, when I do something on a claim...you should see the mini post-its lined up across the bottom and up the side of my computer monitor!) and will followup with whatever needs to be done.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdad1 View Post
I had a new benefit year begin 4/10 to 4/11. I just got the last of my 13 weeks in this new period and it says benefits exhausted. I still had 1 more week of Tier 2 in old year when this started as tier 3 and I was told it would be added on at the end of Tier 4.
Just got a letter of monetary determination that say's I am uneligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages.I was laid off in February 2009 and had a severence until May 2009 which is when unemployment began. I worked for 20 years steadily prior to that. Isn't there some sort of pull forward, or something that can be done? It says I have 10 days to appeal.
What do I do ??
That letter is informing you that you are ineligible for NEW extensions in your NEW benefit year. But if you still had leftover extension money in your previous benefit year, it likely can be "pulled forward" to your new benefit year (and the old weekly benefit amount would be pulled forward too, and you'd go back to drawing that amount each week). You need to contact someone at ESC for them to ensure that your claim is ready for the "pull forward" transaction that is run once a week. Likely needed is an A1 transaction to attempt to build the NEW Tier 1 EUC on your claim so that it triggers it to show Tier 1 as "monetarily ineligible". Then your claim would be prepared for the pull forward programming to run, which happens once per week (usually Tuesday nights, not sure what night this week it's running).

And not sure why it gave you the opportunity to appeal. If you don't meet the monetary requirements for extensions, you don't meet them. It's not appealable.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 PM

16 posts, read 28,680 times
Default It said " Right of protest"

"If you believe this determination is not correct,you may appeal within 10 days from the earlier of mailing or delivery of this determination"

I sent an email today to customer service stating that I would like to know when I can expect a pull forward. I am concerned about the 10 days , but based on what you and others are saying, I will be receiving funds but they will have to send some new letter telling me that ...am I correct ?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:11 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,322 times
Anybody else having trouble signing in online? I tried to sign in last night, then again this morning, and I got a "service unavailable" message when I try to sign in. I don't know if they're working on my account (hopefully those manual certifications are going through) or what.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 AM

10 posts, read 21,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Anybody else having trouble signing in online? I tried to sign in last night, then again this morning, and I got a "service unavailable" message when I try to sign in. I don't know if they're working on my account (hopefully those manual certifications are going through) or what.

I'm having the same problem this morning...I put in dummy log in info after trying mines and got the same message, so they must be working on something or the system is down.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 AM

21 posts, read 36,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaobella2010 View Post
I'm having the same problem this morning...I put in dummy log in info after trying mines and got the same message, so they must be working on something or the system is down.

ME too, I am getting the same emssage, makes ya worry huh???

Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 AM

10 posts, read 21,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
ME too, I am getting the same emssage, makes ya worry huh???

Yeah, I wonder what happened.....I think the system is back up, I just tried to log in and it worked.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 AM

776 posts, read 1,685,322 times
Yup, the system is back up...and I can log in. Of course, I'm still getting the same message preventing me from certifying again. And now the money is starting to get tight again...I have a few bills due and I really need at least one payment by Saturday. This has just gone on long enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina