Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 AM

3 posts, read 5,399 times

Advertisements

Yippppeeee!!!! Thanks to my diligent rep at ESC, my week 07/24 was manually processed last night and I received payment this morning. I was also able to file my remaining week 07/31 online this morning. Hopefully this is the end of the road for me at least for a while. I had an interview last week and hopefully I'm starting a new job soon. Its a contract (temp) job and a significant pay cut, but hey anything's better than nothing. Best of luck to you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 AM

656 posts, read 1,140,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowzah View Post
Yippppeeee!!!! Thanks to my diligent rep at ESC, my week 07/24 was manually processed last night and I received payment this morning. I was also able to file my remaining week 07/31 online this morning. Hopefully this is the end of the road for me at least for a while. I had an interview last week and hopefully I'm starting a new job soon. Its a contract (temp) job and a significant pay cut, but hey anything's better than nothing. Best of luck to you all!
(((Congrats!)))

Old 08-05-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I'm happy to say my two manual certifications finally went through automatically this morning. With any luck, that'll post tomorrow.

Now the problem is, I'm getting a "You have less than two weeks left of benefits left" message and can't certify all of the remaining weeks to catch up. In fact, I'm hesitant to certify one week myself just in case something is screwed up.

Back to the phones! (Though I remember reading that someone had a similar issue a few pages back..I'll check)

EDIT: I just decided to start certifying online even with the "less than two weeks" message. I was able to certify all four weeks (with no benefits exhausted message and just the normal "your payment is being processed" message)...so I'm caught up with my certifications, but am still getting the "less than two weeks" message.
Hi,
well the fact that you did get to certify for all 4 weeks is a POSITIVE step!
I wouldn't worry about the 2 weeks or less message.
I bet you have money in your account tomorrow, congrats!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:01 PM

27 posts, read 47,386 times
Mine status is still showing up as UNKNOWN as well, though they did get me moved back into tier2, and caught up and paid. Not sure if I should do something about it or not, if everything is working so to speak.

Quote:
jdljr can hopefully provide further info for you.

But as for the UNKNOWN part, my status switched from Regular Active Claim to UNKNOWN when my claim was officially pulled forward (and I know reading from others...the same thing happened to them). Definitely a good sign that it happened. The UNKNOWN status remained on my account until, well, two days ago, when they moved me to Tier 3.

I can also say that whatever amount you got during your first benefit year of EUC...is what you should be getting once the pull forward happened.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:52 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowska View Post
Mine status is still showing up as UNKNOWN as well, though they did get me moved back into tier2, and caught up and paid. Not sure if I should do something about it or not, if everything is working so to speak.
Yeah, I really didn't do anything to get it changed and I never asked, and I was fine. The only reason it changed seems to be the fact that they had to manually reactivate my claim when the extension passed, and that seemed to have triggered it to switch back...so I'm not sure it makes much difference at all.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:31 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,438,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
I really hate to ask this question ... but ... I am still applying for jobs and not getting anywhere and will be at the end of my year 2 on 11/20/10. So I am worried and trying to figure out what the worst case might be at that point.

Is there a 3rd year? I earned, in W-2 wages, more than $4557 from end of Nov 2009 through mid-Feb 2010, from a temp job. I filed and reported my income every week of that period. It was a job where one week I'd work 10 hours and another week all hell would break loose and I'd work 60. Very irregular. And my manager knew I was looking for a full-time permanent job and if I found one would give notice. So I'm just wondering ...

Thanks!!
If those were covered wages (paid with a W2) and you get to the end of the current benefit year and have ample wages in the new base period at that time, AND have worked and earned more than $4,557 during your previous benefit year (which it sounds like you did), then yes, you should qualify for a new (3rd) benefit year with regular UI.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I'm happy to say my two manual certifications finally went through automatically this morning. With any luck, that'll post tomorrow.

Now the problem is, I'm getting a "You have less than two weeks left of benefits left" message and can't certify all of the remaining weeks to catch up. In fact, I'm hesitant to certify one week myself just in case something is screwed up.

Back to the phones! (Though I remember reading that someone had a similar issue a few pages back..I'll check)

EDIT: I just decided to start certifying online even with the "less than two weeks" message. I was able to certify all four weeks (with no benefits exhausted message and just the normal "your payment is being processed" message)...so I'm caught up with my certifications, but am still getting the "less than two weeks" message.
Yea, I've talked to others that have also indicated they got that message, but when I look at their claims, they have way more benefits than that left. So it's a glitch somewhere. But unfortunately, how do you know when you really DO have just two weeks left!?

Old 08-05-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdad1 View Post
This morning I checked online and it says : Status- Unknown, No active issues. Then I checked under pay history and it shows $494.00 ( It was
$505.00), but still shows last paid date as 7/31.

I think this is headed in the right direction, but can you confirm what is taking place ?
Are you in your 2nd benefit year and just had your unused extension money transferred from your previous benefit year because you didn't qualify for NEW extensions in your current benefit year? If that's the case, they also transfer the old weekly benefit amount from that year that the funds came from. That may be the reason you got a lesser payment, and each payment from now on would be that $494.

The other reason is perhaps the $494 was all you had left in that pot of money. If that's the case, you would go back up to the $505 next week.

But I am leaning more toward the first reason.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:24 PM

Jdljr,
Do you think now that I'm into EUC08 after 8 weeks of my EB, that I won't have anymore Eligibility reviews for now?
I've had 2 eligibility reviews while I was just collecting my EB from June 8th until this past week.
Thanks
(KC)

Old 08-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Jdljr,
Do you think now that I'm into EUC08 after 8 weeks of my EB, that I won't have anymore Eligibility reviews for now?
I've had 2 eligibility reviews while I was just collecting my EB from June 8th until this past week.
Thanks
(KC)
Yes, that would be my assumption, that you would not resume your eligibility reviews until (when/if) you resume EB. Of course you'd wanna keep track of your worksearches anyway even in EUC, just in case (as I know you're doing anyway).

And recently, I've even talked to two folks who had an eligibility review scheduled, and were prompted with three extra specific questions while doing their weekly certification and their "correct" answers served to "conduct" their review and they did not have to report. One gentleman told me that there was a statement as such for the three extra questions, stating that if he answered them "correctly" he wouldn't have to report. When I checked his claim the next day, his appointment said "conducted" next to it. His appointment was for tomorrow, I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina