Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 03:32 PM

7 posts, read 9,019 times

Advertisements

So as of monday 10/4 my page says Eb effective 9/26... I get a letter from esc on monday 10/4 saying i am eligible. I call esc and am told that they are going to have to get back to me. On Wendsday i get a call from the "regional manager" saying that i had a disqualification in my first year 2/09..i did. my husband was notified on 12/30/08 that he was being called up and had to deploy for a year to afghanistan. i told my supervisors as soon as i found out and i asked for time off so we can get things situation, like poa, a will you know **** corporate heads dont care about. they wouldnt give me time off. they said that the military act is vauge and that they can apply there own guidelines. which is bull**** but i emailed everyone i worked for human resources and up and nobody cared. so when i called in one morning and told them i HAVE to be out, they said i was fired. sooooo not due to my performance because i worked my ass off and i liked it. the reg mang told me that any disqualifications overrule any monetary awardment. he told me i can appeal. at this point i was so pissed that i said, right..esc has to recoup 28mill somewhere and hung up on him.

should i even bother harassing these people????

has anyone been disqualified and receive eb????????????????

Last edited by jordy1024; 10-08-2010 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: when i say i talked to the regional manager, i ment here in wilmington not raleigh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 04:09 PM

46 posts, read 70,120 times
I forgot to add that when I was at ESC today to file the waiver, I asked how much I had remaining in benefits. She said "You have 16 weeks....if we don't run out of money before that"
I can see this happening too. Recouping 28 mil isn't going to be any easy task and the feds aren't gonna keep coming to the state's rescue.

Nothing is certain in this life, except death.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:11 PM

14 posts, read 27,081 times
Default Overpayment Waiver info email from Esc

This is the info i received from the ESC. From what I've heard, which is confirmed by this email, they have simply suspended the overpayment collections for now, but it is not written in stone that they will continue that. It sounds like they've decided to postpone until they 1) review the situation and 2) give people time to get in waivers.

According to the person I spoke with, the only way to get back overpayments that have ALREADY been deducted from your check is to submit a waiver. I don't know if this will play into forgiveness of remaining overpayment or not, but it might if they decide to try to collect the $$ later. She said to include your full name, address, phone, last four of ssn, and reason for waiver request. She said to just state that you feel you should be forgiven the overpayment since it was not your doing. No form is necessary, just the above info. This must be done today. I really don't believe they can take your EB for this, and believe me, I don't trust them any more than you guys do!

Here's the email I received after submitting an emailed waiver as described above to the ESC. I used the email address: esc.ui.customerservice@ncesc.gov

Subject: Esc ?
To:[my email address]

Hello, Ms. [name]

You will be please to know that further deductions have been suspended. The decision to forgive the excess benefit payments has not been firmly decided so we do not yet know either whether funds already deducted will be returned.

Your request to waiver the deductions has been submitted.

Sincerely,
Dan W. Coleman, Admin Asst II

Old 10-08-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
My waiver was not nearly as wordy as renniegirls...but it's stated that I request a waiver for those overpayments since it was not my error...and I listed the three and my address and stuff.
I know, I know. But I have no ability to speak to these people since my phone's busted (great timing) and I can never actually reach anyone when I call from another phone, and it was too much info to leave on a voicemail. I want it documented somewhere, if these overpayment charges don't go away, that they've calculated mine wrong, sent me less than legally allowed, and credited the amount they took out wrong. So I put it all into the email. But I wanted others to see in case they had similar issues...they should bring them up. I know a few people have mentioned that the calculations have been off for one of their letters....

Old 10-08-2010, 04:37 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,766,757 times
There is language in the rules about stating a need for the waiver so I don't think it hurts to say it's for hardship.

"20A.14 In ruling on petitions for waiver, the Chairman or his designee shall consider the degree of the claimant's fault in creating the overpayment and any other matters which, in the opinion of the Chairman or his designee, tend to show that collection of the overpayment would be against equity and good conscience. "

Form or not, the major thing is to PETITION for the waiver so I think if anyone is sitting on the fence with a few hours left in the day you might want to go ahead and consider sending in the e-mail.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:38 PM

193 posts, read 285,899 times
Alright.. update on my situation. I emailed them AGAIn last night.. well I forwarded my original email from 9/28 and asked them why I hadn't been contacted and I bcc'd some important people.

I got a call this afternoon. She asked what I needed answered. And I told her. I wanted to know when I would get a refund. This is very interesting..

Keep in mind, my 1st yr benefits were 403/wk and 2nd went to 224/week=$179 diff. All the reps I've spoken to agreed on this and that's how I got to the "they owe me 2372."

She said "Well.. at the end of your 1st yr, you were beginning your Tier 2. You had 3700 in that tier. Because we started you at a 2nd benefit yr, wrongfully, we only paid you 3000 of that tier. So, we owe you 700 bucks. " I asked her why the supervisor I spoke with said that they owed me $2372? She said "I get it BUT I don't know how they are going to do it." I then said "Well, if they are going to forgive $28 mil in Overpayments, then it's only fair to pay the people they under paid. It's not fair to say "oooops.. u don't owe us but lets take those weeks away."

She also said "If I had called you yesterday, I could issue you the refund.. but AS OF TODAY-- EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD"

I then asked when I should call back, realistically.. she said Monday.

It's a big mess... a waste of a phone call. Still no resolution.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:34 PM

Has anyone else been allowed to certify, got the confirmation msg that payment was being processed, and then not get a check?

I certified on Tuesday for the week of 10/2 but still have not been paid. I checked benefit payment history and nothing shows up. Finally called a number that had a benefit payment history option, and it tells me that I'm not getting paid for the week of 10/2 because my benefits are exhausted, even though they didn't change my claim profile to Benefits Exhausted until yesterday, 2 days after I certified.

I'm not surprised that I'm at the end of EUC, because I began unemployment while on furlough on 3/16/09, and from reading postings here I realized that when they switched me back to year 1 I'd be close to the end of EUC. But I left a msg for the rep I was dealing with that I needed to be moved to EB, and today my profile shows up as EB beginning 10/3-??. If the week of 10/2 was a waiting week, wouldnt the certification msg have said so, like it does when you start a new claim year? I did leave another msg for the rep; will keep you posted.

I guess I'll be going to Crisis Assistance on Monday....first time asking for assistance ever. New lows every week. But at least I still have my house, for now....

Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,697 times
Sigh...I already got a reply from I guess both (or the first) of my waiver question e-mails today...

Here's what I received:

Quote:
Mrs. Frrrunkis! (replace with my last name),

The information that you are requesting to handled will have to be
discussed with our Benefit Payment Control at 919 707 1338
Ummmmmm....thank you...I guess? No wonder it got immediately sent to my junk folder...it's junk.

First of all...you guessed it...I'm not a "Mrs.". Wait...wait...let me check again..........nope, I'm not a Mrs.

Second..."The information that you are requesting to handled will have to be discussed". I'm not even going to comment on that one.

Third...too busy for a Sincerely, Name? Ya know, most e-mail services have a little thing called "Signature" that automatically adds a signature to every e-mail.

Fourth...uhhh, this is of very little help to me.

The LEAST he could have done is this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! Revision
Mr. Frrrunkis!,

I'm sorry, but the information you are requesting is currently being handled by our Benefit Payment Control. Please give them a call at 919-707-1338. They are available to answer your questions on M-F from 7:30-4:30.

Thank you and have a good day.

Sincerely,

Thoughtful NCESC Representative
Just when I think they've stooped to the lowest level...I'm surprised yet again.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:39 PM

46 posts, read 70,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
Alright.. update on my situation. I emailed them AGAIn last night.. well I forwarded my original email from 9/28 and asked them why I hadn't been contacted and I bcc'd some important people.

I got a call this afternoon. She asked what I needed answered. And I told her. I wanted to know when I would get a refund. This is very interesting..

Keep in mind, my 1st yr benefits were 403/wk and 2nd went to 224/week=$179 diff. All the reps I've spoken to agreed on this and that's how I got to the "they owe me 2372."

She said "Well.. at the end of your 1st yr, you were beginning your Tier 2. You had 3700 in that tier. Because we started you at a 2nd benefit yr, wrongfully, we only paid you 3000 of that tier. So, we owe you 700 bucks. " I asked her why the supervisor I spoke with said that they owed me $2372? She said "I get it BUT I don't know how they are going to do it." I then said "Well, if they are going to forgive $28 mil in Overpayments, then it's only fair to pay the people they under paid. It's not fair to say "oooops.. u don't owe us but lets take those weeks away."

She also said "If I had called you yesterday, I could issue you the refund.. but AS OF TODAY-- EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD"

I then asked when I should call back, realistically.. she said Monday.

It's a big mess... a waste of a phone call. Still no resolution.

Monday is Columbus Day. They're closed.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:52 PM

193 posts, read 285,899 times
OMG. u dont say.

see.. that right there.. makes me wanna explode.

I'll be sure to blow their phones up on Saturday and Sunday!

which also means we won't get paid on Tuesday..the ones that usually do, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina