Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM

330 posts, read 461,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Your Op's were higher amounts than mine and I'm not sending a waiver in at all.

Nope don't trust em on that issue.
If I'm wrong then I'm only out the $120.00.

That's alot to me nowdays, but not as much as my EB will be.
and if someone files a waiver that already got a mystery deposit, perhaps to make up in some way for the wait week that never shouldve happened, going to lose it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM

407 posts, read 661,330 times
well i was told different things over the last 2 weeks, first i filed a waiver then i asked to remove that
BUT they called ME and told me that it wouldnt make a difference and they thought people were ALL going to get waived, whether u asked for it or not, since the governor signed the executive order
so who knows!
i cant imagine thought, that they would approve tens of thousands of waivers and then disqualify people for EB based on that! since all that will do is make all those people who were furious and calling the media, 10X madder than the first time and start it all over!!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 PM

330 posts, read 461,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I just called my local ESC office and the lady was very nice. I asked her about the 50% OP taken from us last week and whether we will get it back. She said that determination is going to made tomorrow for everyone.....BUT.....you do HAVE TO file the waiver to be considered to get it refunded.

Tomorrow is the last day to file the waiver but she said just download it online from your weekly cert page and email it back to them. You don't have to go there she said.
Get your waivers in today if you haven't.
i havent seen form 569 online. the pamphlet, yes, but not the form. anyone?

Old 10-07-2010, 01:50 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,271,167 times
Look, I have a criminal record and limited availability and I got a job. Try a little harder and put your pride aside people. I am getting tired of these unemployed people acting like they are owed something. I'm just saying, it gets old.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:21 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,561 times
Yeah, I wonder if I should just file the waivers...it's sad that I can always call the NCESC again and ask, but have zero confidence in what they tell me.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
Look, I have a criminal record and limited availability and I got a job. Try a little harder and put your pride aside people. I am getting tired of these unemployed people acting like they are owed something. I'm just saying, it gets old.
what gets old is people like this making this type of over generalized statement that reinforces stereotypes

FIRST, 1 we are owed something! when we work, part of those taxes our employers pay go into funds that cover that
the state and federal governments offered extensions that they say we deserve
im glad u got a job, but those of us that havent yet--- what is your solution? mass starvation?

Old 10-07-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Yeah, I wonder if I should just file the waivers...it's sad that I can always call the NCESC again and ask, but have zero confidence in what they tell me.
well the last i was told (again who knows)
was the the ONLY thing that would actually be waived for me was the DIFFERENCE betwen what i got (weekly amount for year 2) and what i get now (which comes to like $91) and that the WEEKS they took to offset the OP would NOT be coming back to me, b/c they didnt consider those covered?
which makes no sense but who knows

Old 10-07-2010, 03:03 PM

15 posts, read 23,889 times
Where is the online waiver form?
I can't find it on the forms page.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:05 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post

You wouldn't get your foot in the door in my line of work with a criminal record that's enforced nation wide
I gave 20 plus years to my job, I'm owed 2 more months of unemploymnet, seems like a more than reasonable trade off.

I think you may be on the wrong thread anyway, we're discussing something that apparently doesn't affect you, so why come here?

You may want to go to another thread to spread your message of peace,joy and understanding.

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 10-07-2010 at 03:35 PM..

Old 10-07-2010, 03:19 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,691 times
[quote=rlincoln;16177706]and if someone files a waiver that already got a mystery deposit, perhaps to make up in some way for the wait week that never shouldve happened, going to lose it?[/QU

I imagine they could, or get another OP way down the road.
I possibly would reconsider if my OP was larger.
However I'm set on taking the loss and not risking anything.

As far as I'm concerned they've showed they don't have to give us a reason when they change the rules with no notice., so I honestly don't think they will care if people are mad at ESC while being close to the end of collecting 2 years of benefits .
I feel no security right now and just want to get through til my last day of class, then hopefully I have a new opportunity waiting for me.

Of course I may still not be able to collect EB anyway.
Things seem to change day by day.

Last edited by KC~Carolina; 10-07-2010 at 03:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina