Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 03:13 PM

83 posts, read 264,996 times

Advertisements

I've exhausted my 20 weeks of EB. I'm off the unemployment roll, but my friend just called and claims that she heard on the news that a supposed additional 20 weeks will be granted for those currently collecting EB, so they'd end up collecting 40? I think she has her facts wrong. I know NC was going to cut-off people after April 16th based on the unemployment rate going down. Am I missing something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 03:20 PM

55 posts, read 100,585 times
I would also like to add my thanks to all that keep us informed and for the links to our congressional members. I have emailed and called everyone I see here. My question is about the end date of EUC08. On the ESC08 page it says that individual must exhaust the tier that they are in by Dec. 31 in order to qualify for the next higher tier. IF (and I pray I am not) I am still unemployed by Dec. 31st I will only be midway thru the second tier. Does that mean I will not be eligible for the 3rd and 4th tiers? If this is so would I be then eligible for EB if it is reinstated? Thanks again for any insight.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:32 PM

86 posts, read 155,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrm97 View Post
I would also like to add my thanks to all that keep us informed and for the links to our congressional members. I have emailed and called everyone I see here. My question is about the end date of EUC08. On the ESC08 page it says that individual must exhaust the tier that they are in by Dec. 31 in order to qualify for the next higher tier. IF (and I pray I am not) I am still unemployed by Dec. 31st I will only be midway thru the second tier. Does that mean I will not be eligible for the 3rd and 4th tiers? If this is so would I be then eligible for EB if it is reinstated? Thanks again for any insight.

Yes what you assume is correct. You will finish your teir two and then that's it. Both of these EB bills are only changing the trigger to the end of year, therefore I think the EB trigger will be off again.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:35 PM

264 posts, read 363,834 times
Quote:
As it stands right now, all of EUC and even if the EB trigger bill is passed, all of it will expire at the end of 2011. They might let you finish the tier you're on, I'm not sure. There's talk that some additional weeks will be added to EUC in the 589 federal bill, but being part of EUC, it would expire at end of 2011.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM

86 posts, read 155,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
I've exhausted my 20 weeks of EB. I'm off the unemployment roll, but my friend just called and claims that she heard on the news that a supposed additional 20 weeks will be granted for those currently collecting EB, so they'd end up collecting 40? I think she has her facts wrong. I know NC was going to cut-off people after April 16th based on the unemployment rate going down. Am I missing something?
I haven't heard that at all. As of April 16th the additional 13 to 20 weeks will be gone. . The bills that are out ther enow are to bring those same weeks back not to add additional weeks.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM

55 posts, read 100,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
As it stands right now, all of EUC and even if the EB trigger bill is passed, all of it will expire at the end of 2011. They might let you finish the tier you're on, I'm not sure. There's talk that some additional weeks will be added to EUC in the 589 federal bill, but being part of EUC, it would expire at end of 2011.
The ESC website says the last week of payment would be June 9 2012. Wonder who that would be for? If it ends at Dec. 31st then the entire EB argument is moot for those of us that aren't going to be there by then. I will still make phone calls to our representatives tho in case it helps someone now.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:59 PM

264 posts, read 363,834 times
Quote:
The ESC website says the last week of payment would be June 9 2012. Wonder who that would be for? If it ends at Dec. 31st then the entire EB argument is moot for those of us that aren't going to be there by then. I will still make phone calls to our representatives tho in case it helps someone now.
Is June 9, 2012 the last week of payment for EUC or EB?

Tier I is 20 weeks, right? June 9 would be about 23 weeks into 2012.

I don't know.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:34 PM

244 posts, read 311,289 times
VIDEO: The House passed a measure that links an extension of unemployment benefits to the state budget.

House OKs tying jobless benefits, budget :: WRAL.com

Old 04-15-2011, 07:09 AM

15 posts, read 28,967 times
Will EB be extended and if so for how long?? (end of 2011).

Old 04-15-2011, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,550 times
Default Called Bev Perdue office

I just got off the phone with Bev Perdue's office and they said she won't consider signing the bill until Saturday. I asked why not and I was told that is the way it needs to be handled. I urged her to pass the bill and not play political games with peoples lives.

Everyone needs to call today and tell her we need her to pass this bill.
Phone: (800) 662-7952 or (919) 733-2391

I guess keeping us stressed out another 24 hours isn't important to her.

Unemployedat63
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina