Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 11:16 AM

46 posts, read 70,126 times

Advertisements

Just got off the phone with my local ESC concerning the waivers. I told them that I'm hearing contradicting responses to questions regarding filing of the waivers. I asked if by filing for the OP refund, will my payments stop or be halted or cut until a determination is made. I was told NO, payments will remain as usual by filing weekly certs.
I asked if the waiver must be filed in order to be considered to receive the OP refund. She said the waiver MUST be filed in order to be considered and it's not an across the board refund.
I told her that I was informed the waiver was on the ESC website to file and email back but that I couldn't find it. She said "oh yeah, we thought it was on there, but it's not...blah blah blah" She said I need to come into the office to fill it out by 4 pm today.

If it wasn't $150 that I really need, I wouldn't be so concerned with this but then again, I'm reluctant to believe what they tell us since theres been so many contradicting answers to our questions.
What is the general consensus on filing the waiver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 11:21 AM

330 posts, read 460,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
It's a dire situation that we're told is getting better, but WE KNOW BETTER! In fact, just today, I heard the ever-delusional Nancy Pelosi say that today's unemployment numbers are positive news and proof that the private sector is leading the job recovery. Good lord... I'll have some of what she's smoking.

And quite frankly, I'm not surprised that there are so many people that are clueless as to how bad the job market truly is and think we're just "being lazy". Why? Because they've got politicians and pundits telling them "We're creating jobs left and right! No more recession...we're headed in the right direction." So...if there's a plethora of jobs out there....ummmm....I guess that means the unemployed "aren't looking hard enough".

And that makes a part of me feel bad for "some" down at the NCESC. Like jdljr and some of the others down there. I can't imagine trying to clean this mess up. But the system has been beyond maxed out and I can't quite be too surprised that problems will arise. Unfortunately, this problem could have been taken care of a long time ago.
its only positive in that its a gain, not a loss. but its the smallest of gains.
i read so many people moaning or yelling how one party or another is failing. theres plenty of blame to go around, going back 10-20 years. but to think that the Repubs have some magic formula that is going to kick in January 2011 and bestow the right types of education and experience to the unemployed, and there's suddenly going to be 200,000 new jobs a month, is nuts. and deceptive.
everyone, especially corporations, is hoarding their cash.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
Just got off the phone with my local ESC concerning the waivers. I told them that I'm hearing contradicting responses to questions regarding filing of the waivers. I asked if by filing for the OP refund, will my payments stop or be halted or cut until a determination is made. I was told NO, payments will remain as usual by filing weekly certs.
I asked if the waiver must be filed in order to be considered to receive the OP refund. She said the waiver MUST be filed in order to be considered and it's not an across the board refund.
I told her that I was informed the waiver was on the ESC website to file and email back but that I couldn't find it. She said "oh yeah, we thought it was on there, but it's not...blah blah blah" She said I need to come into the office to fill it out by 4 pm today.

If it wasn't $150 that I really need, I wouldn't be so concerned with this but then again, I'm reluctant to believe what they tell us since theres been so many contradicting answers to our questions.
What is the general consensus on filing the waiver?
i havent heard anything conclusive.
if they can manually change claims, then they should be able to ignore a deadline for a situation that never shouldve occurred. but thats logical. we know how that works.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:25 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,792 times
Well, we've been told that none of us are going to owe anything...in fact, I've been told at least twice to DISREGARD the letters altogether. It SHOULDN'T matter. However, who the hell knows at this point? I don't think I'd be able to make it down there today now anyway. It's crazy.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well, we've been told that none of us are going to owe anything...in fact, I've been told at least twice to DISREGARD the letters altogether. It SHOULDN'T matter. However, who the hell knows at this point? I don't think I'd be able to make it down there today now anyway. It's crazy.
i wont either.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:45 AM

572 posts, read 1,611,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
its only positive in that its a gain, not a loss. but its the smallest of gains.
i read so many people moaning or yelling how one party or another is failing. theres plenty of blame to go around, going back 10-20 years. but to think that the Repubs have some magic formula that is going to kick in January 2011 and bestow the right types of education and experience to the unemployed, and there's suddenly going to be 200,000 new jobs a month, is nuts. and deceptive.
everyone, especially corporations, is hoarding their cash.
It's called cutting taxes and it's worked every single time it's been tried. Not magic, just basic economics.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:50 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
i wont either.
And I suspect that there are potentially thousands who won't do anything either. They might have been set to do something...but once Perdue and the NCESC said, "No no no, you're not going to owe anything...don't worry about it"...I think alot of people rightfully put those letters deep in their filing cabinet or threw them out.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
It's called cutting taxes and it's worked every single time it's been tried. Not magic, just basic economics.

hysterical. who knew economic theory had one variable. buh-bye, now.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 PM

15 posts, read 36,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
You wouldn't get your foot in the door in my line of work with a criminal record that's enforced nation wide
I gave 20 plus years to my job, I'm owed 2 more months of unemploymnet, seems like a more than reasonable trade off.

I think you may be on the wrong thread anyway, we're discussing something that apparently doesn't affect you, so why come here?

You may want to go to another thread to spread your message of peace,joy and understanding.
And I'm tired of ignorant frustrated people not understanding what UI really is...If our criminal friend has a heart attack, and the insurance company doesn't want to pay for the necessary procedures, nobody ever gets in a frazzle about his ensuing anger or sense of entitlement to insurance benefits...why is UI so different?

UI (exclude EUC and EB for now) is NOT welfare, and the recipients, by definition, have been working and paying into the system in direct proportion to their statistical likelihood of need, and the benefits they ultimately draw from it are in direct mathematical proportion to the contributions they made (so long as ESC isn't screwing up!), so there's really none of the usual concerns about negative externalities, self-selection bias or information assymetries that tend to come into any discussion about insurance theory....but who am I kidding...I've got an Ivy-League law degree and I'm starting an intellectual argument with an admitted criminal who's trolling...{sigh}...time to get back to looking for work!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblamboy View Post
And I'm tired of ignorant frustrated people not understanding what UI really is...If our criminal friend has a heart attack, and the insurance company doesn't want to pay for the necessary procedures, nobody ever gets in a frazzle about his ensuing anger or sense of entitlement to insurance benefits...why is UI so different?

UI (exclude EUC and EB for now) is NOT welfare, and the recipients, by definition, have been working and paying into the system in direct proportion to their statistical likelihood of need, and the benefits they ultimately draw from it are in direct mathematical proportion to the contributions they made (so long as ESC isn't screwing up!), so there's really none of the usual concerns about negative externalities, self-selection bias or information assymetries that tend to come into any discussion about insurance theory....but who am I kidding...I've got an Ivy-League law degree and I'm starting an intellectual argument with an admitted criminal who's trolling...{sigh}...time to get back to looking for work!
hehe, love it.
hey, you probably already knew that lowering taxes was all you had to do to restart an economy then! overnight, youll have banks loaning, houses we dont need being built, and companies not outsourcing to countries where the wage is $1/hr or less! and lowering taxes wont decrease revenue at all. its awesome! slap a snake on the label and youre done.
why didnt you speak up sooner?

seriously, you shouldnt try and confuse people using common sense or facts. you know your situation. we've wasted enough energy on the ignorant. good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina