Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 08:01 PM

46 posts, read 70,165 times

Advertisements

I usually get paid Monday, so it will be Tuesday this week.....hopefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 09:47 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,772,567 times
Ummm I don't think ESC is closed Monday. The banks are closed so money cannot move but it isn't a state holiday as far as I know.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 PM

776 posts, read 1,685,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Ummm I don't think ESC is closed Monday. The banks are closed so money cannot move but it isn't a state holiday as far as I know.
It's actually a federal holiday. I expect they'll be closed.

Quote:
Federal law (5 U.S.C. 6103) establishes the following public holidays for Federal employees. Please note that most Federal employees work on a Monday through Friday schedule. For these employees, when a holiday falls on a nonworkday -- Saturday or Sunday -- the holiday usually is observed on Monday (if the holiday falls on Sunday) or Friday (if the holiday falls on Saturday).

Monday, October 11th Columbus Day

Old 10-08-2010, 10:38 PM

193 posts, read 286,046 times
dang. lol. i sense the hostility

Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,772,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
It's actually a federal holiday. I expect they'll be closed.
ABC stores are open and the buses are on regular schedule in Charlotte. I say if the liqueur store is open then so should the ESC

Old 10-09-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
ABC stores are open and the buses are on regular schedule in Charlotte. I say if the liqueur store is open then so should the ESC

the liquor stores need to be open so we can cope with the stress of the ESC.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:27 AM

86 posts, read 155,262 times
I have a question about EUC. How are people getting all of the teirs. I'm an unemployed Architect. I have been since 9-09. In October-04 2010 my benefit year was up. I was already in my Teir 2 for about 1 week . Well when my benefit year expired. I had to register for a new year. I then got some letters saying that I no longer qualify for the teirs or Emergency funds. but I did get new regular benefits for the new year. All of this was because I didn't make enough money with the part=time job I got shortly after the lay-off. I was told that I will not qualify for EUC anymore once this NEW regular benefit is up.

So how are people getting into the teir 2 and 3?

Old 10-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanahB View Post
I have a question about EUC. How are people getting all of the teirs. I'm an unemployed Architect. I have been since 9-09. In October-04 2010 my benefit year was up. I was already in my Teir 2 for about 1 week . Well when my benefit year expired. I had to register for a new year. I then got some letters saying that I no longer qualify for the teirs or Emergency funds. but I did get new regular benefits for the new year. All of this was because I didn't make enough money with the part=time job I got shortly after the lay-off. I was told that I will not qualify for EUC anymore once this NEW regular benefit is up.

So how are people getting into the teir 2 and 3?
The ESC has to pull forward your first year EUC benefits. Your story is similar to alot of ours...file a new claim for your second year, get approved for regular UI, then later not qualify for "new" EUC. They will tell you that you are not entitled to any "new" benefits. But once those regular benefits run out, they should automatically pull forward any remaining EUC benefits from your first year (sounds like the balance of Tier 2, 3, and 4 for you). With the mess going on down there these days...I'm not sure if the programming they do for pull forwards is up and running. It should happen automatically (it may take a week), but just to be safe, it might be good to call or e-mail them after you certify your last week and request a pull forward of your first year benefits.

I sent them an e-mail that Tuesday (after I received that week's payment). By Thursday, my status was no longer "Benefits Exhausted"...I think it actually said "UNKNOWN", but that following week, I was filing Tier 2 again.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:58 PM

Yeah.. u have to call them and demand a pull forward, or at least I did. Good luck!

Old 10-09-2010, 03:48 PM

Yeah...in essence...it's "supposedly" automatic though...but with everything going on down there, it's best to just stay on top of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina