Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 10:45 AM

31 posts, read 42,754 times

Advertisements

Looks like they are trying to cover up their mishap and changed date for EB which at that time I was on Tier 4 making it look like EB ended in August when actually it was Tier 4 that ended. Someone is really trying to cover their butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 11:05 AM

407 posts, read 661,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
No and received letter earlier in the year that stated was not allowed to receive EB which was true before this problem they have now and drew Tier 3 & 4. Received EB payment 2 times before having to start new benefit year so wondering where 20 weeks of money went to after only having OP totaling $792 dollars.
well i just called back as well
and of course MORE PROBLEMS!
yesterday i had about 26 weeks of EB showing
NOW today
i have 12 weeks?
AND OF COURSE when i ask them
they dont show any useful info
and try to get me to be transfered to the same recovery dept that hasnt returned my calls in 10 days!!!!

so i was told for several days that the weeks they took away had been credited back to me on EB and now they are gone again? and noone can even tell me why? and the screen they have doesnt show that ever existed?

Old 10-05-2010, 11:13 AM

I think by the time they get done anything about EB is going to vanish which is fine but its simple either we have something or not and like I mentioned before anyone who has been told that they now have EB better call again since that idea is disappearing.

And Purdue gets on tv stating that the STATE will find a way to pay the $28 million! Right by reversing whatever you have been told the last 2 weeks to $0

Old 10-05-2010, 11:15 AM

actually I STILL HAVE eb, JUST NOT THE EXTRA I WAS TOLD...
I WOULDNT HAVE QUALIFIED if my 2nd year was legit, but do now
and im cool with 12 more weeks
BUT i was told (they called ME to tell me) and verified 3 days in a row
that the state had added my 13 weeks they took away to offset the OP back into my EB
which showed for 4-5 days and now is gone
with no explanation

WTF???

Old 10-05-2010, 11:18 AM

im completely disgusted
i understand that mistakes happen, and its hard to fix
but we are going on 2 weeks now with these issues
and STILL noone at ESC can ever give u a straight answer??? ?Why in the hell are we using taxpayer $$$ to keep them open 2 extra days a week? and 3 extra hours a day?? and paying ESC workers 20+ hours of Overtime a week!!! to stay on the phone and give no information!?!?!?!?!??!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:18 AM

Was not looking for extra but where did my 13.5 weeks go since Friday!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM

I agree! Maybe they are trying to all cash in before FEDS come in and clean house since its obvious these extra hours are not benefiting anyone but them.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 AM

I honestly think they are trying, BUT no communication!!!! i think the IT people have programs trying to fix things, BUT the reps are not briefed on what to do, and I think sometimes, what they are trying to do on their screen is interfering.
BUT HOW HARD IS IT!!! have a meeting--- brief the supervisors who then tell the reps what is going on!?!?!?

Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 AM

14 posts, read 27,093 times
In response to:
"My high quarter was $5841.80.. Total was 6459.80...... if you divide that by 26, that's 224--- which is what I got.. but I only got that for 13 weeks. They said thats all i'd get out of my 2nd yr, hence why I did a pull forward.

BUTTTTTTT...... if you divide 5841.80 by 13 weeks, it is 449.30.. which is NOT what i got.

SO .. i did qualify for my 2nd year, they only paid me for 13 weeks at the 26 week rate.. PLEASE someone correct me if I'm wrong. "

Actually, when you take your high quarter and divide by 26, that has nothing to do with how long you receive your benefits. It's not that you get $$$ for 26 weeks. 26 is just the number you divide into your high quarter to determine how much per week you get. It's the same for everyone.

The calculation to determine how long you get your original benefits is different. Essentially, if your income was evenly distributed among the 4 quarters then you'll get 26 weeks. If you had one quarter that was substantially higher due to a bonus or something, you'll get more money than someone who had a similar income but no bonus, but you'll get fewer weeks that someone who had that same high amt in every quarter. That's how it works.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:07 PM

OK FOR WHAT ITS WORTH!
a supervisor ACTUALLY CALLED ME BACK
and said 1. the weeks that they took away DO SHOW CREDITED BACK TO ME
but they are not AVAILABLE TO ME

she told me that ALL the OP waiver will give me back is the actual cash they took out of my checks
and itll take 2-4 weeks to see that back

she told me this is based on what shes being told today, that it was different on monday and might be different tomorrow

apparently she said--- the waiver is going to waive what u were paid in weeks (weekly amount) vs what your normal weekly amount is
(SOOOO using my case, if i got $7 more a week in my 2nd year claim, i dont have to pay back that $91???? and thats a waiver!!??!)
HOWEVER IF THAT IS TRUE, then the governors "Waiver" and executive order is a lot of smoke and mirrors! If they are not going to return those weeks to us to give us back what was taken, then we are only getting a few $$s back and losing those weeks
and that is not being "Waived" at all in my book!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina